Is there a proper way to burn in headphones? Is it okay if I just play bass heavy music like Dubstep for 50+ hours and the sound will improve as I'm listening to music or is it better to play some kind of app/video/website that plays white noise or pink noise?
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from ad700 possibly to akg 701 Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from Massdrop and AKG Last post on Yesterday at 11:47 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? Last post on 10/25/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that you would recommend based on my tastes Last post on 10/21/14 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
I have owned the Ultrasone Pro 750 for approximately 6 years and to say that I am familiar with the sound of this particular headphone would be an immense understatement. As a highly experienced...
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In general I play Pink Noise which gives each octave equal sound power. This way any frequency flex / burn in is even.
Your method should be fine and there is yet hard proof that burn in actually helps. There are a few headphones like Grado SR-60i and the AKG K701 that seem to be less harsh in the treble once burned in, but this is very hard to prove.
there are tracks downloadable if you google it. Just load it on your DAP and play on loop.
Otherwise if you've got an ipod touch you can download the free burn-in app, which has both pink noise and white noise, and is simple to use.
Can I just burn them in by playing them normally? Wouldn't this still burn it in, but just take much much longer? Like if I listen to music 4 hours a day, after 20 days would it be the same result as an 80 hour burn in all at once (or with only a few breaks)?
Just use them, there is no proof that burnin is real or fake.
How to properly burn earphones:
Step 1: Start a fire
Step 2: Throw earphones into said fire.
No but in all seriousness just use them normally. That way, your ears and the earphones will be burned-in at the same time!
- How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 7 minutes ago
- › Is there a noticeable sound difference between the Sennheiser HD558... 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Peter Pinna
- › Ultrasone PRO 750 by Peter Pinna
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)