Is there a proper way to burn in headphones? Is it okay if I just play bass heavy music like Dubstep for 50+ hours and the sound will improve as I'm listening to music or is it better to play some kind of app/video/website that plays white noise or pink noise?
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- GAMING: tritton 720+ are terrible, need a new headset. Last post on 6/25/14 at 6:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How Revealing is AKG K701? Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sol Republic Master Tracks VS. JVC HA-MR77X VS. IDance SEDJ Last post on 6/21/14 at 9:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In general I play Pink Noise which gives each octave equal sound power. This way any frequency flex / burn in is even.
Your method should be fine and there is yet hard proof that burn in actually helps. There are a few headphones like Grado SR-60i and the AKG K701 that seem to be less harsh in the treble once burned in, but this is very hard to prove.
there are tracks downloadable if you google it. Just load it on your DAP and play on loop.
Otherwise if you've got an ipod touch you can download the free burn-in app, which has both pink noise and white noise, and is simple to use.
Can I just burn them in by playing them normally? Wouldn't this still burn it in, but just take much much longer? Like if I listen to music 4 hours a day, after 20 days would it be the same result as an 80 hour burn in all at once (or with only a few breaks)?
Just use them, there is no proof that burnin is real or fake.
How to properly burn earphones:
Step 1: Start a fire
Step 2: Throw earphones into said fire.
No but in all seriousness just use them normally. That way, your ears and the earphones will be burned-in at the same time!
- How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 1 minute ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Vs Sennheiser HD558? 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › A (faulty?) review of a recent SS headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)