Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/9/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by System, 6/9/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/9/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for new headphones Last post on 3/26/13 at 4:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
AKG K550 Review. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am struggling to find a closed headphone that is as good and comfortable as my DT990pros. These are definitely on the list with the D2000 I am just worried about the bass extension on them. On the D2000 only thing holding me back is the isolation. I need that cause my partner and brother are stupidly loud as soon as I put on my headphones to escape for an hour.
The T70 is the only other headphone that has me curious as well. Mainly cause I want a soundstage close to my DT990.
These do isolate pretty well, great soundstage, i thought the bass what tight, nice sounding, but its by no means a bass head set. There the best set of the 3 i have owned as far as sound goes, pretty comfortable to.
I do listen to dubstep/DnB but I also listen a lot of acoustic,pop,rock. That is why I asked about extension. I don't really want them to punch me in the ear drum. :)
I might just wait for the new Denon lines and look around at that time. Still debating the K550.
just wanted to ask some of the 701 fans out there, how are the k550 compared to them in terms of soundstage?
i was about to pull the trigger on the 701's for their reputable soundstage but since ive been a lot of good reviews on
the k550 its kinda a tough option now, not forgetting that the k550's can be more easily driven.
I own the Q701s, i did own the K550s, the soundstage on the Q701 is better. I have listened to both sets for several days, and in my opinion and what my ears hear and my taste, i think the K550s sound better. Its amazing how they sound for a closed back set, i think the Q701s have a tiny bit more bass, but not much. I prefer the mids and uppers on the K550s, im acually probally getting rid of my Q701s and going to get back the K550s.
Yes the K550s drive much much easier, the Q701s take a good amp to get the most out of them.
Edited by Soundfreak33 - 6/30/12 at 1:43pm
thanks for the feedback, and what amps have you used with the k550's? Is there a notible difference if you drive them from a e17 rather than something like asgard, matrix m stage or any other dedicated ss amp?
Actually K550 has better bass extension than D2000 or K701. D2000 has bigger midbass quantity.
Though K550 easier to drive than K701, but K550 is easily can reveal your set-up, so yes, there'll be noticeable different going from E17 to somewhat like Asgard or higher end desktop amp.
Has anyone had a chance to use the K550s for gaming and movies? I am interested in using a new set for 40% gaming, 20% movies, and 40% music. Everything is subject to change, so would these be a set to consider for an all-purpose headphone?
I was just about to pull the trigger on these. (Have sitting in a cart at Headphone bar) Now I have slammed on the brakes.
What is problem with them in movies with Dolby Headphone turned off or on?
- AKG K550 Review.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Audeze LCD3 42 seconds ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two inputs 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Brainwavz M2 replacement! 3 minutes ago
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 6 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)