Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/9/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/9/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for new headphones Last post on 3/26/13 at 4:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
AKG K550 Review. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am struggling to find a closed headphone that is as good and comfortable as my DT990pros. These are definitely on the list with the D2000 I am just worried about the bass extension on them. On the D2000 only thing holding me back is the isolation. I need that cause my partner and brother are stupidly loud as soon as I put on my headphones to escape for an hour.
The T70 is the only other headphone that has me curious as well. Mainly cause I want a soundstage close to my DT990.
These do isolate pretty well, great soundstage, i thought the bass what tight, nice sounding, but its by no means a bass head set. There the best set of the 3 i have owned as far as sound goes, pretty comfortable to.
I do listen to dubstep/DnB but I also listen a lot of acoustic,pop,rock. That is why I asked about extension. I don't really want them to punch me in the ear drum. :)
I might just wait for the new Denon lines and look around at that time. Still debating the K550.
just wanted to ask some of the 701 fans out there, how are the k550 compared to them in terms of soundstage?
i was about to pull the trigger on the 701's for their reputable soundstage but since ive been a lot of good reviews on
the k550 its kinda a tough option now, not forgetting that the k550's can be more easily driven.
I own the Q701s, i did own the K550s, the soundstage on the Q701 is better. I have listened to both sets for several days, and in my opinion and what my ears hear and my taste, i think the K550s sound better. Its amazing how they sound for a closed back set, i think the Q701s have a tiny bit more bass, but not much. I prefer the mids and uppers on the K550s, im acually probally getting rid of my Q701s and going to get back the K550s.
Yes the K550s drive much much easier, the Q701s take a good amp to get the most out of them.
Edited by Soundfreak33 - 6/30/12 at 1:43pm
thanks for the feedback, and what amps have you used with the k550's? Is there a notible difference if you drive them from a e17 rather than something like asgard, matrix m stage or any other dedicated ss amp?
Actually K550 has better bass extension than D2000 or K701. D2000 has bigger midbass quantity.
Though K550 easier to drive than K701, but K550 is easily can reveal your set-up, so yes, there'll be noticeable different going from E17 to somewhat like Asgard or higher end desktop amp.
Has anyone had a chance to use the K550s for gaming and movies? I am interested in using a new set for 40% gaming, 20% movies, and 40% music. Everything is subject to change, so would these be a set to consider for an all-purpose headphone?
I was just about to pull the trigger on these. (Have sitting in a cart at Headphone bar) Now I have slammed on the brakes.
What is problem with them in movies with Dolby Headphone turned off or on?
- AKG K550 Review.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 3 seconds ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 17 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases X1 Blue & Black to the Market 8 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 8 minutes ago
- › [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2