Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Unboxing videos.....why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unboxing videos.....why? - Page 7

post #91 of 108

I think unboxing videos are f*#kin stupid. It's like watching a kid open his presents at a birthday party. Oh wow, you got one of those! I know a lot of you guys care about packaging, but come on, who gives a sh*t about fancy boxes and overpackaging. All the time you spent filming, unwrapping, and showing off your new headphones, could have been better spent listening to them.

 

That's just my opinion.

Dan

post #92 of 108

why porn?
 

post #93 of 108

You answered your own question. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover666 View Post

I know a lot of you guys care about packaging, but come on, who gives a sh*t about fancy boxes and overpackaging. 
post #94 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt head 777 View Post

why porn?
 

 

To serve the internet's purpose.

post #95 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgotsa View Post

You answered your own question. 

 

I guess I did. Doh!

post #96 of 108

They serve the same purpose of looking at your friend's vacation pics in Hawaii on Facebook ...lol 

post #97 of 108

I'm fine with unboxing headphones, because it's not unlike opening a present - especially if the headphones are kind of special. However, some unboxings can be drawn out, or contain unnecessary talking that could easily have been edited out. Hey, and if you're not interested - no problem.

 

Frankly, I'm not interested in watching an unboxing of the "Cat Planet Cuties" DVD, but the Stax SR-009? Roll the cam!

post #98 of 108

It is a good a reference. I knew my package was an open box by watching the unboxing video (which I hated for the longest time). And it is a good way to spot fake products.

post #99 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover666 View Post

I think unboxing videos are f*#kin stupid. It's like watching a kid open his presents at a birthday party. Oh wow, you got one of those! I know a lot of you guys care about packaging, but come on, who gives a sh*t about fancy boxes and overpackaging. All the time you spent filming, unwrapping, and showing off your new headphones, could have been better spent listening to them.

 

Some retailers can be losers...not including accessories on the original package etc. Basically in unboxing videos you know what you get, and what you paid for! 

post #100 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwess View Post

 

Some retailers can be losers...not including accessories on the original package etc. Basically in unboxing videos you know what you get, and what you paid for! 

I guess. I still think they are silly, which is why I don't watch them. smily_headphones1.gif

post #101 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwess View Post

 

Some retailers can be losers...not including accessories on the original package etc. Basically in unboxing videos you know what you get, and what you paid for! 

 

Uhh, no. A loser would be someone who accepts a package where the factory seal has been broken and stuff is missing that is listed on the box or manual..

post #102 of 108

I found the perfect unboxing video. It's even better than the parody projector unboxing one... better so much it's bad.

 

Let this serve as an example of what not to do: Thermaltake Technology eSports Hyperion Universal Headphone Cradle unboxing video, by Techtomorrow

 

What not to do:

-- A superfluous spoken introduction about using headphones. I prefer when the camera is showing the product.

-- Too much talk already, for a video that could be silent just as well

-- Too much planning and outlining for an unboxing video, which should be straightforward

-- This is B.S., he won't even take the time to do any of those tasks once he is done over with the unboxing

-- He should have read the back of the box quickly, instead of presenting to us the front of the box and the image of the product

-- He's not good at taking the product out of the box (both the tray and the three pins)

-- He's showing us the product by letting us glare at it, and he's not zooming in on it with the camera (although he will do it once at the end)

-- A bit too expressive and dramatic for my taste, which is taking too long of my day

-- HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW FINISH THE ASSEMBLY OF THE STAND, ("I have never read the instruction manual") inacceptable

-- He's not just demoing the product, he's showing us "how to use" a headphone stand, which is obvious

-- No impression what so ever on perceived build quality (weight and solidity), ergonomics like the rubber grip and feet, and on why this stand is "standing out" from the other stands in his opinion


Edited by devouringone3 - 6/9/12 at 2:02pm
post #103 of 108
I have a general rule that any youtube video with prominently featured chest hair is one I will not be watching.
post #104 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post

I have a general rule that any youtube video with prominently featured chest hair is one I will not be watching.

 

So many hilarious posts today I ran out of thumbs ups...

post #105 of 108

Made one, lol! Fostex Kotori 201

 

 

Skip to 1:24 to see the product already!

 

I'm sorry if I'm slow and if my beginner's unboxing skills are an hindrance to your productivity.

 

Grados are easier to unbox... lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Unboxing videos.....why?