Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Unboxing videos.....why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unboxing videos.....why? - Page 3

post #31 of 108

-------------


Edited by Grado77 - 5/16/12 at 12:39pm
post #32 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

Like you were expecting something in there other than headphones?

 

"I'm now opening the Beyerdynamic DT880 box, here I open the flap, and 'HEY WTF, THERE'S A FLYING SQUIRREL IN HERE!!!'"

 

 

Things besides headphones come in the box. People are curious. This satisfies the curiosity to an extent. What's the big mystery?

 

The best thing about the unboxing videos, is that if you don't like them, no one will make you watch them.rolleyes.gif

Then again, no one is making me read this.

post #33 of 108

I don't watch unboxing videos. Takes away the fun of unboxing your new purchase yourself.

post #34 of 108

pretending it's christmas morning

post #35 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

I like watching it when I am researching a product to buy. Like the Philips L1 headphones. I decided not to buy it because I didn't like the "pig tail" attached to one cup. The need of additional cable just to use it is a deal breaker. Give me one removeable cable or just attach it to the cups. So I was glad to see an unboxing video on it.
In some ways unboxing videos are better than reviews. There's on opinion on an unboxing. You decide for yourself if you like what you see or not. Reviews are mostly based on the reviewer's opinion.

I'd have to agree with HiFiGuy/DjAmTrax (what do we call you?) here, and add that one of your unboxing videos actually helped me make a similar decision on a different headphone (smily_headphones1.gif) - it's nice to see the product "in motion" versus static images, and see what all comes in the box. Even just seeing the product in human hands or near other objects (like lighters, CD players, etc) to get an idea of scale is helpful. Just like looking at all of the front/back/sideways/etc pictures of audio gear before you buy it; you want to know what all it can hook up to, how, and where. YMMV.
post #36 of 108

really enjoy watching unboxing videos of phones I have or do not have. They help answer  question about contents and sometimes I watch just to watch 

 

I need hifiguy to do unboxing video of Grado PS1000 so that I can get my fix smile.gif

post #37 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

I don't watch unboxing videos. Takes away the fun of unboxing your new purchase yourself.

 

You can't purchase everything. triportsad.gif

When something its far from budget, unboxings is a good starting point. 

post #38 of 108

Grados make up for the most boring unboxing videos ever... you can simply store your headphone and repeat the "unboxing experience" indefinitely.

 

To parody that I unboxed a pair of (brand new) Grado Reference interconnects... using my (decorative) katana. I'm not putting it here but you can easily find it if you're curious, lol. It has got like 15 views in one month, one of my least popular video, but at least it has linked my YouTube channel to Grado in some way.

 

 

I used to like unboxing videos, but I watched them just in hope of getting over with it already. With internet there is so much content to watch, read or hear, that the best thing you can do is to get bored with it, so that you can move on already, and never come back.

 

The excitement of doing a real unboxing is also something kind of psycho and nasty, it's the materialistic type's ultimate pleasure.

 

I see one said "procrastinate the laziness", which amazing, when you think about it, lol. It's like putting to later the putting to later.

 

 

Unboxing videos are pretty exciting I think. But I only watch those which are followed by a review.

post #39 of 108

You can't really review the headphones you just unboxed unless it's a fake unboxing.

Reply
post #40 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

You can't really review the headphones you just unboxed unless it's a fake unboxing.

Or a fake review...triportsad.gif
post #41 of 108

I would like someone to do a complete unboxing of the Denon D1100 and then put it back in the box just as new. This would take about 2 hours and require lots of obscenities.

 

I should post a video of me unboxing an HD-800 and take like 10 minutes to examine it's cable..or text on the box. Maybe do a review of it straight out of the box from a Archos 64mb player just to annoy people.

Maybe claim it's too bass light.

 

For fun I will also do the Anax mod and stuff it with random hay and crumbled construction paper. Maybe pillow stuffing and duck tape too.

post #42 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

You can't really review the headphones you just unboxed unless it's a fake unboxing.

 

Myparrots1 always do both simultanneously, he finds a way to listen to the headphones before making their purchase. LinusTechTips also.

 

When you buy a product you should know exactly what you're buying. There shouldn't be any surprise for the new owner. And good unboxers knows how to do it quickly enough also, flying over small and unimportant details. Watchers dislike when one takes too much time on the pointless paperwork before getting to the main subject.

 

Sometimes it can pertain to pre-cut all the tape and bags open, to save a bit of time.

post #43 of 108

I like to pretend that those are my hands that are opening the packaging and inspecting every nook and cranny of the headphone and packaging. If I watch 10 unboxing videos a day I feel like the richest audiophile around.

post #44 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

I like watching it when I am researching a product to buy. Like the Philips L1 headphones. I decided not to buy it because I didn't like the "pig tail" attached to one cup. The need of additional cable just to use it is a deal breaker. Give me one removeable cable or just attach it to the cups. So I was glad to see an unboxing video on it.
In some ways unboxing videos are better than reviews. There's on opinion on an unboxing. You decide for yourself if you like what you see or not. Reviews are mostly based on the reviewer's opinion.

I'd have to agree with HiFiGuy/DjAmTrax (what do we call you?) here, and add that one of your unboxing videos actually helped me make a similar decision on a different headphone (smily_headphones1.gif) - it's nice to see the product "in motion" versus static images, and see what all comes in the box. Even just seeing the product in human hands or near other objects (like lighters, CD players, etc) to get an idea of scale is helpful. Just like looking at all of the front/back/sideways/etc pictures of audio gear before you buy it; you want to know what all it can hook up to, how, and where. YMMV.

 

This also helps a lot. Although, IIRC Hifiguy's videos don't usually have something common in the background, like CDs or whatever, and if you're judging size by hands... well mind looks like a monkey's, which I'm sure not everyone in the world are like mine. Hey, maybe you could do that too, Hifiguy. Put the headphone being unboxed side by side with a regular CD for a few seconds.

post #45 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

This also helps a lot. Although, IIRC Hifiguy's videos don't usually have something common in the background, like CDs or whatever, and if you're judging size by hands... well mind looks like a monkey's, which I'm sure not everyone in the world are like mine. Hey, maybe you could do that too, Hifiguy. Put the headphone being unboxed side by side with a regular CD for a few seconds.

Great suggestion. I'll try to remember to do it. Sometimes I forget things in all the excitement of new gear.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Unboxing videos.....why?