- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Noontec Zoro Re- Imagined: ZORO II HD Impressions thread Last post on 1/23/15 at 9:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How do you justify buying headphones without replaceable pads? Last post on 1/20/15 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- is it time for a separate bluetooth forum? Last post on 1/20/15 at 4:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I buy just one Beats Headphone? Last post on 1/16/15 at 10:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on Yesterday at 1:52 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Unboxing videos.....why? - Page 2post #16 of 1085/14/12 at 3:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1085/14/12 at 3:09pmQuote:
sometimes we are curious about the extras, carrying case..bag, extra cables etc. Probably he was talking about that?post #18 of 1085/14/12 at 3:13pmpost #19 of 1085/14/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
if only . . . .post #20 of 1085/14/12 at 3:17pm
I'm trying to think of something rational as a reason why I like watching unboxing videos, but I can't. All I can think of is to see how an original packaging and item is if it's a highly counterfeited one. Other than that, I procrastinate my laziness with unboxing videos.post #21 of 1085/14/12 at 3:46pm
I don't know, I kind of like the unboxing videos. I can see where some people think they're pointless. There have been times where I've been watching one and I'd be hoping there was some type of review with it as well. But otherwise, I think they're kind of fun, I guess is the right word. I love watching hifiguy's videos on YouTube.post #22 of 1085/14/12 at 3:53pm
Not all unboxing videos are equal, of course - but there can be a real sense of discovery when you get a new piece of gear. Apple has become masterful at this, with individual pieces of hardware can be like unwrapping a present.
When I purchased at DT880, it came in an aluminum box, and opening it up for the first time was a delight and surprise. Recently, the giant box that accompanied my HD800 was like boxes within boxes, until there was the headphone and its satin-lined box.post #23 of 1085/14/12 at 4:07pmI like watching it when I am researching a product to buy. Like the Philips L1 headphones. I decided not to buy it because I didn't like the "pig tail" attached to one cup. The need of additional cable just to use it is a deal breaker. Give me one removeable cable or just attach it to the cups. So I was glad to see an unboxing video on it.
In some ways unboxing videos are better than reviews. There's on opinion on an unboxing. You decide for yourself if you like what you see or not. Reviews are mostly based on the reviewer's opinion.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 5/14/12 at 4:11pmpost #24 of 1085/14/12 at 4:23pmpost #25 of 1085/14/12 at 5:06pmThread StarterQuote:
That was my whole point. Show the phones, the accessories, what it looks like and a critique of the sound and aesthetics. Don't spend 10 minutes opening the freakin' box!Quote:
Even scarier is that you posted in that thread three times..
Edited by Beagle - 5/14/12 at 5:07pmpost #26 of 1085/14/12 at 5:14pm
You get the enjoyment moment of opening that new toy, without actually paying for it. Also might put you over the edge for purchasing it, since you can generally see its build quality, and the accessories it comes with.post #27 of 1085/14/12 at 5:16pmpost #28 of 1085/14/12 at 5:21pmpost #29 of 1085/14/12 at 6:44pmpost #30 of 1085/14/12 at 7:18pmThread StarterQuote:
The irony here is that it was a valid question/comment and it became 'dumb and sad' when some people began hitting their keyboards before actually reading it and that you "pointed it out" with your posts.
- Unboxing videos.....why?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 1 minute ago
- › Why is my PC's volume so low? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3