- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Unboxing videos.....why? - Page 2post #16 of 1085/14/12 at 3:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1085/14/12 at 3:09pmQuote:
sometimes we are curious about the extras, carrying case..bag, extra cables etc. Probably he was talking about that?post #18 of 1085/14/12 at 3:13pmpost #19 of 1085/14/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
if only . . . .post #20 of 1085/14/12 at 3:17pm
I'm trying to think of something rational as a reason why I like watching unboxing videos, but I can't. All I can think of is to see how an original packaging and item is if it's a highly counterfeited one. Other than that, I procrastinate my laziness with unboxing videos.post #21 of 1085/14/12 at 3:46pm
I don't know, I kind of like the unboxing videos. I can see where some people think they're pointless. There have been times where I've been watching one and I'd be hoping there was some type of review with it as well. But otherwise, I think they're kind of fun, I guess is the right word. I love watching hifiguy's videos on YouTube.post #22 of 1085/14/12 at 3:53pm
Not all unboxing videos are equal, of course - but there can be a real sense of discovery when you get a new piece of gear. Apple has become masterful at this, with individual pieces of hardware can be like unwrapping a present.
When I purchased at DT880, it came in an aluminum box, and opening it up for the first time was a delight and surprise. Recently, the giant box that accompanied my HD800 was like boxes within boxes, until there was the headphone and its satin-lined box.post #23 of 1085/14/12 at 4:07pmI like watching it when I am researching a product to buy. Like the Philips L1 headphones. I decided not to buy it because I didn't like the "pig tail" attached to one cup. The need of additional cable just to use it is a deal breaker. Give me one removeable cable or just attach it to the cups. So I was glad to see an unboxing video on it.
In some ways unboxing videos are better than reviews. There's on opinion on an unboxing. You decide for yourself if you like what you see or not. Reviews are mostly based on the reviewer's opinion.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 5/14/12 at 4:11pmpost #24 of 1085/14/12 at 4:23pmQuote:
I enjoy making unboxing videos when I order smaller boxes.post #25 of 1085/14/12 at 5:06pmThread StarterQuote:
That was my whole point. Show the phones, the accessories, what it looks like and a critique of the sound and aesthetics. Don't spend 10 minutes opening the freakin' box!Quote:
Even scarier is that you posted in that thread three times..
Edited by Beagle - 5/14/12 at 5:07pmpost #26 of 1085/14/12 at 5:14pm
You get the enjoyment moment of opening that new toy, without actually paying for it. Also might put you over the edge for purchasing it, since you can generally see its build quality, and the accessories it comes with.post #27 of 1085/14/12 at 5:16pmpost #28 of 1085/14/12 at 5:21pmpost #29 of 1085/14/12 at 6:44pmpost #30 of 1085/14/12 at 7:18pmThread StarterQuote:
The irony here is that it was a valid question/comment and it became 'dumb and sad' when some people began hitting their keyboards before actually reading it and that you "pointed it out" with your posts.
- Unboxing videos.....why?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 7 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 11 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 6 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear