- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Unboxing videos.....why? - Page 2post #16 of 1085/14/12 at 3:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1085/14/12 at 3:09pmQuote:
sometimes we are curious about the extras, carrying case..bag, extra cables etc. Probably he was talking about that?post #18 of 1085/14/12 at 3:13pmpost #19 of 1085/14/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
if only . . . .post #20 of 1085/14/12 at 3:17pm
I'm trying to think of something rational as a reason why I like watching unboxing videos, but I can't. All I can think of is to see how an original packaging and item is if it's a highly counterfeited one. Other than that, I procrastinate my laziness with unboxing videos.post #21 of 1085/14/12 at 3:46pm
I don't know, I kind of like the unboxing videos. I can see where some people think they're pointless. There have been times where I've been watching one and I'd be hoping there was some type of review with it as well. But otherwise, I think they're kind of fun, I guess is the right word. I love watching hifiguy's videos on YouTube.post #22 of 1085/14/12 at 3:53pm
Not all unboxing videos are equal, of course - but there can be a real sense of discovery when you get a new piece of gear. Apple has become masterful at this, with individual pieces of hardware can be like unwrapping a present.
When I purchased at DT880, it came in an aluminum box, and opening it up for the first time was a delight and surprise. Recently, the giant box that accompanied my HD800 was like boxes within boxes, until there was the headphone and its satin-lined box.post #23 of 1085/14/12 at 4:07pmI like watching it when I am researching a product to buy. Like the Philips L1 headphones. I decided not to buy it because I didn't like the "pig tail" attached to one cup. The need of additional cable just to use it is a deal breaker. Give me one removeable cable or just attach it to the cups. So I was glad to see an unboxing video on it.
In some ways unboxing videos are better than reviews. There's on opinion on an unboxing. You decide for yourself if you like what you see or not. Reviews are mostly based on the reviewer's opinion.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 5/14/12 at 4:11pmpost #24 of 1085/14/12 at 4:23pmQuote:
I enjoy making unboxing videos when I order smaller boxes.post #25 of 1085/14/12 at 5:06pmThread StarterQuote:
That was my whole point. Show the phones, the accessories, what it looks like and a critique of the sound and aesthetics. Don't spend 10 minutes opening the freakin' box!Quote:
Even scarier is that you posted in that thread three times..
Edited by Beagle - 5/14/12 at 5:07pmpost #26 of 1085/14/12 at 5:14pm
You get the enjoyment moment of opening that new toy, without actually paying for it. Also might put you over the edge for purchasing it, since you can generally see its build quality, and the accessories it comes with.post #27 of 1085/14/12 at 5:16pmpost #28 of 1085/14/12 at 5:21pmpost #29 of 1085/14/12 at 6:44pmpost #30 of 1085/14/12 at 7:18pmThread StarterQuote:
The irony here is that it was a valid question/comment and it became 'dumb and sad' when some people began hitting their keyboards before actually reading it and that you "pointed it out" with your posts.
- Unboxing videos.....why?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Source Volume Vs. Amp Volume 3 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison: Noble K10 vs Rhapsodio Solar vs Rhapsodio Galaxy vs... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...