Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Unboxing videos.....why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unboxing videos.....why?

post #1 of 108
Thread Starter 

I am at a loss as the the purpose of "unboxing" videos. I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend 5-10 minutes (or more) watching someone take a pair of headphones out of a box. Why not just show the actual phones, any special features, then comment on how they sound. Isn't that all that matters? Am I missing something?

post #2 of 108

Because people are anxious as hell.

When you want something and can't buy it, or already did it and you're waiting for the delivery, watching someone unboxing it, is the closest that we can get to that product.

That's my reason to watch unboxing videos, maybe there's something else out there...

post #3 of 108

At first I kinda sorta didn't understand the whole unboxing phenomenon. However, as I started watching unboxings of equipment that I had ordered or was going to order, I kinda sorta started liking them.

 

They don't really serve any purpose other than appealing to those who like opening boxes and seeing how the products are packaged and such. It's probably as close as you can get to a real unboxing, in real life, through internet. They can also serve the purpose of showing how originals are packaged as opposed to counterfeit products.

post #4 of 108

It's for the people who ordered and waiting for their product to come to the mail who also have too much time on their hands.

post #5 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I am at a loss as the the purpose of "unboxing" videos. I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend 5-10 minutes (or more) watching someone take a pair of headphones out of a box. Why not just show the actual phones, any special features, then comment on how they sound. Isn't that all that matters? Am I missing something?

 

It baffles me too.  Then again I don't get a lot of stuff.  Like commercials for instance, and for that reason I don't get TV either.

 

Anyway, soon we will have "add to cart" videos of people buying before the unboxings.  Or the I'm at work making money to buy the headphones for my unboxing video vidoes.

 

And so on and so forth.

post #6 of 108

I make videos of myself watching unboxing videos for other people to see.

post #7 of 108

Ya, like others the only reason I watch is to get some satisfaction from seeing the phones unboxed through a video, and also (if needed) the proper way to open them as to not damage anything. That's not much of a concern though.

post #8 of 108

I watch this kind of videos to know "whats in the box"

post #9 of 108

I find these helpful when buying "used like new" listings so that I can ensure I get all paperwork etc that comes in the original box.  

post #10 of 108
You get to see what comes in the box and see the product before spending your own hard earned money. I try to bring my viewers high quality videos and show the product well. Unboxing videos have saved me money because I see what I don't like about a product and I don't buy it. Most of the time, marketing materials from manufactures are not clear as to what the product has and not has. See real buyers with the product can help you make the RIGHT buying decisions.

Take a look at my channel if you haven't already. Please let me know what you like and don't like. My more recent videos are much better than old ones.

www.youtube.com/hifiguy528
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 5/14/12 at 2:34pm
Reply
post #11 of 108

----------------


Edited by Grado77 - 5/16/12 at 12:40pm
post #12 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

You get to see what comes in the box and see the product before spending your own hard earned money. I try to bring my viewers high quality videos and show the product well. Unboxing videos have saved me money because I see what I don't like about a product and I don't buy it. Most of the time, marketing materials from manufactures are not clear as to what the product has and not has. See real buyers with the product can help you make the RIGHT buying decisions.
Take a look at my channel if you haven't already. Please let me know what you like and don't like. My more recent videos are much better than old ones.
www.youtube.com/hifiguy528

 

I think your unboxing videos are awesome.

post #13 of 108

=============


Edited by Grado77 - 5/16/12 at 12:40pm
post #14 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

It's for the people who ordered and waiting for their product to come to the mail who also have too much time on their hands.

 

This is a good point, specially when you have to wait for weeks to get your headphones. mad.gif

post #15 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecourier View Post

I watch this kind of videos to know "whats in the box"

 

Like you were expecting something in there other than headphones?

 

"I'm now opening the Beyerdynamic DT880 box, here I open the flap, and 'HEY WTF, THERE'S A FLYING SQUIRREL IN HERE!!!'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

You get to see what comes in the box and see the product before spending your own hard earned money. 

 

Then just show the product. What's with the striptease thing?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

 

Anyway, soon we will have "add to cart" videos of people buying before the unboxings.  

 

Can't wait

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Unboxing videos.....why?