I do a bunch of listening straight from the charger as well with no issues, though I prefer to go battery only.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 54post #796 of 9144/22/14 at 5:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 9144/22/14 at 5:03pm
Thanks for the reply! I bought this to use as a desktop amp (even though its advertised as a portable, it is no slouch by any means).
Glad to hear that your doing the same, I can keep it connected with a peaceful mind.post #798 of 9144/22/14 at 6:15pmpost #799 of 9144/22/14 at 6:29pm
The battery lasts quite a long time. If you are worried, just let the power cable disconnected beside the amp and connect when it shuts down. I do that with my PanAm + Passport.post #800 of 9144/22/14 at 6:39pm
Adamora: batteries stay in good shape when they are regularly discharged (not completely) and recharged. Keeping it always plugged in may damage the battery in the long run as it was designed to run on battery, but there is very little interference that hits the signal because of dirty mains effluvium.
EDIT: got the name wrong.post #801 of 9144/23/14 at 4:19pmpost #802 of 9144/23/14 at 5:04pmQuote:
Or plug it into its own power strip, and turn the strip off and on...post #803 of 9144/24/14 at 1:33pmpost #804 of 9144/27/14 at 11:35am
I need an urgent reply regarding the cables I've just ordered from Norneaudio, I chose the Kobiconn balanced termination for my cables, But im wondering if they will work even if I'm using a single ended cable as a source, will it still output from the balanced section?post #805 of 9144/27/14 at 11:58amQuote:
Both outputs are active regardless of which input you are using, just make sure you have the back switched to "S" for the single ended input, or "B" for balanced input. I'm currently listening to my TH600s with the 1/8" jack, with the input coming through the balanced port (RSA/Kobiconn whatever you call it)
Now It's debatable if you are getting any benefits with your "balanced" headphone cable, but at least you are prepared for future balanced inputs, and can enjoy your headphones still...post #806 of 9144/27/14 at 12:12pmpost #807 of 9144/27/14 at 8:37pmpost #808 of 9144/28/14 at 2:58ampost #809 of 9144/28/14 at 6:06ampost #810 of 9144/28/14 at 4:26pm
Hmm, If i lower my DAC/media players volume down to 20% while at any gain level, if i try to go past past the 60% mark on the volume knob, no volume increase happens, it just stops. is that normal? or is my unit defective.
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Buyer's remorse ... Did I just waste my money? Note4/SE-535's/FiiO... 1 minute ago
- › Best cones / spikes for tube amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Please help a noob, ..Cords for schiit 3 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 4 minutes ago
- › Can there be fakes of Yuin? 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)