I do a bunch of listening straight from the charger as well with no issues, though I prefer to go battery only.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 54post #796 of 10524/22/14 at 5:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 10524/22/14 at 5:03pm
Thanks for the reply! I bought this to use as a desktop amp (even though its advertised as a portable, it is no slouch by any means).
Glad to hear that your doing the same, I can keep it connected with a peaceful mind.post #798 of 10524/22/14 at 6:15pmpost #799 of 10524/22/14 at 6:29pm
The battery lasts quite a long time. If you are worried, just let the power cable disconnected beside the amp and connect when it shuts down. I do that with my PanAm + Passport.post #800 of 10524/22/14 at 6:39pm
Adamora: batteries stay in good shape when they are regularly discharged (not completely) and recharged. Keeping it always plugged in may damage the battery in the long run as it was designed to run on battery, but there is very little interference that hits the signal because of dirty mains effluvium.
EDIT: got the name wrong.post #801 of 10524/23/14 at 4:19pmpost #802 of 10524/23/14 at 5:04pmQuote:
Or plug it into its own power strip, and turn the strip off and on...post #803 of 10524/24/14 at 1:33pmpost #804 of 10524/27/14 at 11:35am
I need an urgent reply regarding the cables I've just ordered from Norneaudio, I chose the Kobiconn balanced termination for my cables, But im wondering if they will work even if I'm using a single ended cable as a source, will it still output from the balanced section?post #805 of 10524/27/14 at 11:58amQuote:
Both outputs are active regardless of which input you are using, just make sure you have the back switched to "S" for the single ended input, or "B" for balanced input. I'm currently listening to my TH600s with the 1/8" jack, with the input coming through the balanced port (RSA/Kobiconn whatever you call it)
Now It's debatable if you are getting any benefits with your "balanced" headphone cable, but at least you are prepared for future balanced inputs, and can enjoy your headphones still...post #806 of 10524/27/14 at 12:12pmpost #807 of 10524/27/14 at 8:37pmpost #808 of 10524/28/14 at 2:58ampost #809 of 10524/28/14 at 6:06ampost #810 of 10524/28/14 at 4:26pm
Hmm, If i lower my DAC/media players volume down to 20% while at any gain level, if i try to go past past the 60% mark on the volume knob, no volume increase happens, it just stops. is that normal? or is my unit defective.
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Equalizing LCD-2 Fazors? 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 5 minutes ago
- › MEIZU HD 50 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Stainless Steel 10 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 11 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear