I do a bunch of listening straight from the charger as well with no issues, though I prefer to go battery only.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 54post #796 of 10524/22/14 at 5:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 10524/22/14 at 5:03pm
Thanks for the reply! I bought this to use as a desktop amp (even though its advertised as a portable, it is no slouch by any means).
Glad to hear that your doing the same, I can keep it connected with a peaceful mind.post #798 of 10524/22/14 at 6:15pmpost #799 of 10524/22/14 at 6:29pm
The battery lasts quite a long time. If you are worried, just let the power cable disconnected beside the amp and connect when it shuts down. I do that with my PanAm + Passport.post #800 of 10524/22/14 at 6:39pm
Adamora: batteries stay in good shape when they are regularly discharged (not completely) and recharged. Keeping it always plugged in may damage the battery in the long run as it was designed to run on battery, but there is very little interference that hits the signal because of dirty mains effluvium.
EDIT: got the name wrong.post #801 of 10524/23/14 at 4:19pmpost #802 of 10524/23/14 at 5:04pmQuote:
Or plug it into its own power strip, and turn the strip off and on...post #803 of 10524/24/14 at 1:33pmpost #804 of 10524/27/14 at 11:35am
I need an urgent reply regarding the cables I've just ordered from Norneaudio, I chose the Kobiconn balanced termination for my cables, But im wondering if they will work even if I'm using a single ended cable as a source, will it still output from the balanced section?post #805 of 10524/27/14 at 11:58amQuote:
Both outputs are active regardless of which input you are using, just make sure you have the back switched to "S" for the single ended input, or "B" for balanced input. I'm currently listening to my TH600s with the 1/8" jack, with the input coming through the balanced port (RSA/Kobiconn whatever you call it)
Now It's debatable if you are getting any benefits with your "balanced" headphone cable, but at least you are prepared for future balanced inputs, and can enjoy your headphones still...post #806 of 10524/27/14 at 12:12pmpost #807 of 10524/27/14 at 8:37pmpost #808 of 10524/28/14 at 2:58ampost #809 of 10524/28/14 at 6:06ampost #810 of 10524/28/14 at 4:26pm
Hmm, If i lower my DAC/media players volume down to 20% while at any gain level, if i try to go past past the 60% mark on the volume knob, no volume increase happens, it just stops. is that normal? or is my unit defective.
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 1 minute ago
- › Popular Classical Music 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016) 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 11 minutes ago
- › Good formats for iPOD nano 11 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 12 minutes ago
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...