Here is a post from the Tralucent 1plus2 thread that may help:
I also heard some hissing sound when using my sony iem ex1000. Hissing sound is irritating and make the silent passage in classical sound like internet radio quaility. I manage to completely remove the hissing sound by using an in line volume controller. Now the back ground is as black as my RSA hornet... dead quiet.. so dead I thought its dead .
Can be bought at amazon for $17.25 and will not degrade the sound.
Here is what I did:
1) Plug the shure controller at full volume in rx 3
2) Lower shure in line volume controller knob until hissing sound completely gone
3) Turn up Rx 3 volume slowly until comfortable level... you are all set now.. hissing sound completely gone.
4) I notice I have a lot of play on the rx volume now and my Sony IEM uses the same amount of volume as my HD650 on the RX 3.
5) No need to send back to Ken as he is not able to reduce the hiss as mention in earlier thread. use this gem and gain at least 5% of happiness.