The website has a very very short indication the sound has been tuned: http://www.aloaudio.com/faq
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 43post #631 of 10396/21/13 at 12:52pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #632 of 10396/24/13 at 3:59pmpost #633 of 10396/24/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Not in the US. I had to order mine through ALO + TTVJ....post #634 of 10396/24/13 at 4:31pmpost #635 of 10397/3/13 at 11:37pmHi guys, I need some advice from you all...At the moment, I'm contemplating into changing my iem plug to a balanced one.. My current rig is MS-AK100, SM64 v2 with toxic silver poison cable, uber mini to mini and of course rx mk3b+ amp... So is it advisable for me to change my iem plug to a balanced connector so that it is SE input and balanced output.. Will there be a significant enhancement in sound quality? Thanks in advance!post #636 of 10397/4/13 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #637 of 10397/4/13 at 12:06amThread StarterI have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....
Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.post #638 of 10397/4/13 at 1:00amQuote:Originally Posted by monotune
I have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....
Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.
Hi monotune, welcome back to the forum! Anyway back to my question, I meant is it worth to have SE input and balanced output? Cos'i ever heard from someone that this configuration doesn't help much... Ideally, it should be either 100% SE or 100% balanced.. Cannot partial SE in, and partial balanced out... Is this true?post #639 of 10397/4/13 at 1:01ampost #640 of 10397/4/13 at 10:53am
I will be ordering it too but waiting to see if a UK retailer will take it on before reverting to Plan A of importing. Won't say who they are as they will likely be annoyed lol. Either way it will probably be an August arrival.post #641 of 10397/14/13 at 4:42amAdvice on the following please I have read through the thread and now leaning toward the international rather than the RX3. I have RWAK - 100S, LCD3, W3000 ANV and Future Sonic MG6PRO
Toxic balanced cable for IEM and a right angled mini just waiting on delivery
After a vast amount of reading I still cannot decide on which amp will be best? I am lucky as I can change my order after putting decision on hold, would welcome thoughts on the above and is anyone running something similar thank youpost #642 of 10397/14/13 at 5:46amQuote:
You have RWAK, why? - because the AK100 has a headphone output impedance of 22ohms, replacing that with the International would defeat the price and point of the RWAK100 mod(1ohm), because the International output impedance is 21ohms.
As for the other products in the ALO lineup no-one seems to know their output impedance.
decide also whether you want an Amp or a DAC/Amp also.
Best ask on the ak100 thread imho.
also a link for output impedance , aim for less than 1ohm.
;)post #643 of 10397/14/13 at 12:40pmBecause with the RWAK 100 mod you need to amp. I am concerned with the reported hiss and therefore I want to make the right decision also there are mixed views on this, cheerspost #644 of 10397/14/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
Are you talking about the RWAK100-S then? That is the one that NEEDs an amp to function.
If you are talking about the RWAK100 impedance mod, then again If you choose an amp, select one with a low output impedance or its a pointless exercise.
My `why?` was purely rhetorical.
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 seconds ago
- › Looking for a more comfortable SR-60e replacement 32 seconds ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 38 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3