The website has a very very short indication the sound has been tuned: http://www.aloaudio.com/faq
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 43post #631 of 10526/21/13 at 12:52pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #632 of 10526/24/13 at 3:59pmpost #633 of 10526/24/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Not in the US. I had to order mine through ALO + TTVJ....post #634 of 10526/24/13 at 4:31pmpost #635 of 10527/3/13 at 11:37pmHi guys, I need some advice from you all...At the moment, I'm contemplating into changing my iem plug to a balanced one.. My current rig is MS-AK100, SM64 v2 with toxic silver poison cable, uber mini to mini and of course rx mk3b+ amp... So is it advisable for me to change my iem plug to a balanced connector so that it is SE input and balanced output.. Will there be a significant enhancement in sound quality? Thanks in advance!post #636 of 10527/4/13 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #637 of 10527/4/13 at 12:06amThread StarterI have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....
Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.post #638 of 10527/4/13 at 1:00amQuote:Originally Posted by monotune
I have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....
Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.
Hi monotune, welcome back to the forum! Anyway back to my question, I meant is it worth to have SE input and balanced output? Cos'i ever heard from someone that this configuration doesn't help much... Ideally, it should be either 100% SE or 100% balanced.. Cannot partial SE in, and partial balanced out... Is this true?post #639 of 10527/4/13 at 1:01ampost #640 of 10527/4/13 at 10:53am
I will be ordering it too but waiting to see if a UK retailer will take it on before reverting to Plan A of importing. Won't say who they are as they will likely be annoyed lol. Either way it will probably be an August arrival.post #641 of 10527/14/13 at 4:42amAdvice on the following please I have read through the thread and now leaning toward the international rather than the RX3. I have RWAK - 100S, LCD3, W3000 ANV and Future Sonic MG6PRO
Toxic balanced cable for IEM and a right angled mini just waiting on delivery
After a vast amount of reading I still cannot decide on which amp will be best? I am lucky as I can change my order after putting decision on hold, would welcome thoughts on the above and is anyone running something similar thank youpost #642 of 10527/14/13 at 5:46amQuote:
You have RWAK, why? - because the AK100 has a headphone output impedance of 22ohms, replacing that with the International would defeat the price and point of the RWAK100 mod(1ohm), because the International output impedance is 21ohms.
As for the other products in the ALO lineup no-one seems to know their output impedance.
decide also whether you want an Amp or a DAC/Amp also.
Best ask on the ak100 thread imho.
also a link for output impedance , aim for less than 1ohm.
;)post #643 of 10527/14/13 at 12:40pmBecause with the RWAK 100 mod you need to amp. I am concerned with the reported hiss and therefore I want to make the right decision also there are mixed views on this, cheerspost #644 of 10527/14/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
Are you talking about the RWAK100-S then? That is the one that NEEDs an amp to function.
If you are talking about the RWAK100 impedance mod, then again If you choose an amp, select one with a low output impedance or its a pointless exercise.
My `why?` was purely rhetorical.
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 【Life~TIME】=91-9958802839 loVe vAShIkaRaN sPeCIAliST baBA ji Victoriya 20 seconds ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 - Sunday 26 March 2017 - 29 seconds ago
- › 5 foot Wywire RED cable for MrSpeakers headphones in excellent... 44 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › 【Life~TIME】=91-9958802839 loVe vAShIkaRaN sPeCIAliST baBA ji London 3 minutes ago
- › What is the highest amount of sound quality that the human ear can... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Like new Mr Speakers Ether C flow for sale (1/4 inch DUM cable)... 4 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear