The website has a very very short indication the sound has been tuned: http://www.aloaudio.com/faq
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 43post #631 of 10526/21/13 at 12:52pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #632 of 10526/24/13 at 3:59pmpost #633 of 10526/24/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Not in the US. I had to order mine through ALO + TTVJ....post #634 of 10526/24/13 at 4:31pmpost #635 of 10527/3/13 at 11:37pmHi guys, I need some advice from you all...At the moment, I'm contemplating into changing my iem plug to a balanced one.. My current rig is MS-AK100, SM64 v2 with toxic silver poison cable, uber mini to mini and of course rx mk3b+ amp... So is it advisable for me to change my iem plug to a balanced connector so that it is SE input and balanced output.. Will there be a significant enhancement in sound quality? Thanks in advance!post #636 of 10527/4/13 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #637 of 10527/4/13 at 12:06amThread StarterI have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....
Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.post #638 of 10527/4/13 at 1:00amQuote:Originally Posted by monotune
I have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....
Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.
Hi monotune, welcome back to the forum! Anyway back to my question, I meant is it worth to have SE input and balanced output? Cos'i ever heard from someone that this configuration doesn't help much... Ideally, it should be either 100% SE or 100% balanced.. Cannot partial SE in, and partial balanced out... Is this true?post #639 of 10527/4/13 at 1:01ampost #640 of 10527/4/13 at 10:53am
I will be ordering it too but waiting to see if a UK retailer will take it on before reverting to Plan A of importing. Won't say who they are as they will likely be annoyed lol. Either way it will probably be an August arrival.post #641 of 10527/14/13 at 4:42amAdvice on the following please I have read through the thread and now leaning toward the international rather than the RX3. I have RWAK - 100S, LCD3, W3000 ANV and Future Sonic MG6PRO
Toxic balanced cable for IEM and a right angled mini just waiting on delivery
After a vast amount of reading I still cannot decide on which amp will be best? I am lucky as I can change my order after putting decision on hold, would welcome thoughts on the above and is anyone running something similar thank youpost #642 of 10527/14/13 at 5:46amQuote:
You have RWAK, why? - because the AK100 has a headphone output impedance of 22ohms, replacing that with the International would defeat the price and point of the RWAK100 mod(1ohm), because the International output impedance is 21ohms.
As for the other products in the ALO lineup no-one seems to know their output impedance.
decide also whether you want an Amp or a DAC/Amp also.
Best ask on the ak100 thread imho.
also a link for output impedance , aim for less than 1ohm.
;)post #643 of 10527/14/13 at 12:40pmBecause with the RWAK 100 mod you need to amp. I am concerned with the reported hiss and therefore I want to make the right decision also there are mixed views on this, cheerspost #644 of 10527/14/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
Are you talking about the RWAK100-S then? That is the one that NEEDs an amp to function.
If you are talking about the RWAK100 impedance mod, then again If you choose an amp, select one with a low output impedance or its a pointless exercise.
My `why?` was purely rhetorical.
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 6 minutes ago
- › Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions... 6 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse