I got a "temporary" trade of the Rx Mk3-B for my Continental V3 and I am impressed. I noticed the mk3 expanding the soundstage further and the bass tightened a little bit. The only thing that irritates me is the channel imbalance. Full volume on Low gain is not enough for my Westone 4R unfortunately as I listen to music pretty loudly. Medium gain is ok but my listening level is to the point wherein a little turn of the volume down would give channel imbalance. Other than that I am enjoying this combination with my CLAS.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/13/11 at 7:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable Amp DT880's Last post on 4/28/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions - Page 41post #601 of 8024/14/13 at 7:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 8024/17/13 at 12:08pm
ALO has been out of this amp for a little bit now. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything in regards to lead time/changes/updates?
edit - just got an email from ALO saying the amp is back in stock. So a "never mind" is in order...
Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 4/17/13 at 12:49pmpost #603 of 8024/27/13 at 4:07pm
After having used my RXMKIII for several months, going between Etymotic ER4P/S and an Audez'e LCD-3 w/ a Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3, I recently received my Tralucent 1plus2s. All was great 'til I hooked the 1plus2s to the RXMKIII.
Long story short, with the gain all the way down, no source, single or double ended, there exists a hiss that the ALO produces that is unavoidable and is apparent over music that has quiet or low volume segments in it.
I wrote ALO Audio about this phenomenon, received the automatic standard disclaimer email stating that "they'll get to me when they get to me, etc;" 4 days ago and still no response.
Needless to say, I've moved on to a Ray Samuels SR71B, which Gavin at Tralucent used to test my balanced 1plus2s, which does not produce this noticeable hiss.
Your mileage may vary, but if you buy a really sensitive pair of IEMs, be warned that you may get almost unbearable hiss and non-existent or laisse faire 'support' from ALO on this, or other issues you may have.
Edited by sinkr - 4/27/13 at 4:09pmpost #604 of 8024/29/13 at 1:12pm
I would say the RX MK3-B has high noise floor than other portable amps due to its power. I have no problem to pair it with the SM64. However, the noise floor is high when I pair it with the Jh16, UE11. This can be solved by using the impedance adapter :)post #605 of 8024/30/13 at 1:49amI have no problem too with my sm64-v2. That maybe because sm64 has higher impedance that is 95ohm (the v1 is higher). With other iem the hiss is there no matter what. And shure 535le has it worst. My clas db with higher output will soon be arriving. From i ve been told..the hiss is even higher...that is a bad news.
And yeah...static noise + imbalance channel are all in too on mine. Sad. Otherwise it could be more to love.post #606 of 8024/30/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
I was able to see a similar effect w/ the ER4-P/S adaptor, reducing the hiss to an acceptable level, but I had my 1plus2s wired for the balanced connector and had no way of putting impedance in the path w/o hacking up the cable.
I solved my issue by getting a new SR71-B, and so far, so good and I can at least begin to break my Tralucents in.
In terms of power, the SR71-B drives my Audez'e LCD-3s just fine. One day I will sit down and do some serious A/B testing, but out of the gate, I'd say that there's not a power issue, but I understand that the LCD-3 while being harder to drive, isn't the hardest set of phones out there to drive.post #607 of 8024/30/13 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by muzic4life
I have no problem too with my sm64-v2. That maybe because sm64 has higher impedance that is 95ohm (the v1 is higher). With other iem the hiss is there no matter what. And shure 535le has it worst. My clas db with higher output will soon be arriving. From i ve been told..the hiss is even higher...that is a bad news.
And yeah...static noise + imbalance channel are all in too on mine. Sad. Otherwise it could be more to love.
The hiss I had coming from my RK-MK3B had nothing to do with the input source, so I'd say adding in the CLAS will not change that.
For instance, I could get the same hiss with the volume on just enough to power up the amp, no single ended or balanced input, and the Tralucent 1plus2s plugged in.
There was just no getting away from the hiss with these IEMs connected to the ALO.
Anyhow, life's too short to use an amp that puts out that much hiss at quite a premium for what it is, from a company that can't see fit to respond to its customers within a few days' time. (7 days now and counting...)
No thanks, for what this stuff costs, I expect much better service and will make no bones about airing that type of dirty laundry.
I just hope I can sell this thing now that the cat's kinda, somewhat outta the bag.post #608 of 8025/1/13 at 9:18pmI think i am agree with you. I just recieved my clas db (which claimed to be a newer version but i could not find any improvement in term of power output). Pairing my clas db with other amps i do not find any hiss. They just dead silence. But once i plugged my mk3...there you go the hiss. I did comparison too just to measure the hiss issue...the hiss i noticed from mk3 alone is slighty lesser versus when it paired with clas db..but anyway still too hissing for me. I always think this kind of problem should not be had considering the premium price. That is my biggest let down with rxmk3..and i decided to put it up for sale.post #609 of 8025/2/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by muzic4life
I think i am agree with you. I just recieved my clas db (which claimed to be a newer version but i could not find any improvement in term of power output). Pairing my clas db with other amps i do not find any hiss. They just dead silence. But once i plugged my mk3...there you go the hiss. I did comparison too just to measure the hiss issue...the hiss i noticed from mk3 alone is slighty lesser versus when it paired with clas db..but anyway still too hissing for me. I always think this kind of problem should not be had considering the premium price. That is my biggest let down with rxmk3..and i decided to put it up for sale.
(beating a dead horse here)
I still have yet to get a response from them. Pretty pathetic support; So far so good w/ the SR71B, however.post #610 of 8025/2/13 at 9:20pmpost #611 of 8025/3/13 at 7:34amQuote:
What did you ask them, sinkr? May be I can help.post #612 of 8025/3/13 at 7:40am
I must say that's strange. ALO has always been responsive to me. I've never had any trouble with communication with them. I've even sent Viber messages to Ken and he gets back to me.post #613 of 8025/3/13 at 1:18pmpost #614 of 8025/5/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
On 4/23, I sent an email to info ALO audio <firstname.lastname@example.org>, which is the address listed at http://www.aloaudio.com/contact-us. Still no response, after the initial "we'll get to you when we get to you auto response."
Whatever--I could have pursued it further, but I went in a different direction; one email should have been enough.post #615 of 8025/18/13 at 6:14pmHi, probably it is a little off topic, but I really need everyone's advice. I'm looking for an amp exclusively for my Compact Monitors Stage 3 CIEM, which is only 18ohms. At 1st I've short listed to Pico Slim or RSA the Shadows, but the SR71-B really draw my attention as it seems like an one time upgrade for all. I've HD650 but my priority is my CIEM.
Now I'm worrying if the SR71-B is way too overkilled and the gain is way too high for sensitive IEMs even at the lowest gain, in balanced mode? I'm really tempted with the SR71-B, but very worried if it is just way too powerful for CIEMs, further more, I've been only seeing reviews which the amp is praised to heaven but with full size headphone, it is very hard to find someone talk about the amp with sensitive iem.
Really appreciate if some experience users of SR71-B can help out here. Thank you!
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Muse Mini UberBuds or Jaybird BlueBud X 9 seconds ago
- › Alien DAC (PCM2702) - Issues with audio cutting out during CPU load 24 seconds ago
- › Alternative to Schiit Asgard 2 45 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 54 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude