Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013) - Page 26

post #376 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

For Go-DAP X owners, since the X has 2xDACs (AKM for iDevice, and PCM for USB Audio), playing the same track on both DACs, which do you prefer?

 

I've not done too thorough tests but I think I find the AKM to be more detailed but a slightly smaller/closed soundstage whereas the PCM to be somewhat wider and a slightly deeper 3D imaging, however not as detailed.

I agree with you. AKM DAC give slightly more details over PCM. Soundstage is definitely closer on AKM.

post #377 of 506

Ok, so the ventura craft looks awesome in my opinion.

- How would compare it with Fiio E07K/E17?

- Is it worth the money difference?

- What about the bass bost and the 3D buttons?

- What about the differences with Vamp Verza?

 

Thank you in advance!

post #378 of 506
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

Ok, so the ventura craft looks awesome in my opinion.
- How would compare it with Fiio E07K/E17?
- Is it worth the money difference?
- What about the bass bost and the 3D buttons?
- What about the differences with Vamp Verza?

Thank you in advance!
- Fiio: dunno. Never really owned any of those products.
- $$: kinda subjective but very personally for myself, I think customized Go-DAP X's are worth it.
- personally for me again, I don't use those functions (maybe for the exception of the 3D when I'm watching movies through the notebook)
- differences from Verza (comparing to BASE Go-DAP X)
* 6 layer PCB vs 2 layer - so Verza is more immune to RF noise
* higher quality caps for Verza. Can't say if it makes a difference sonically as I don't own a Verza
* 130mW (iDevice)/150mW (USB Audio) vs 80mW: So Verza can drive slightly higher impedance headphones
* 10 ohm impedance headphone out vs 47 ohm: so Verza can drive IEMs more "fully"
* different OpAmps used: matter of taste

A thing to note though the Go-DAP X an be customized almost to the point of a Verza (sonically....not talking about the exterior shell). E.g. My X has an LME49860 OpAmp as opposed to their base OPA2134 or Muses 8920, & my headphone out impedance is also lowered to 10 ohm (& therefore my output also increased from 80mW/ch to 130/150mW/ch. The only differences then with my X vs the Verza (aside from OpAmp preference) is the 6 layer & higher end caps.
post #379 of 506

That was a super fast answer. Thank you very much for that information, you did a great comparison for me. 

 

I am still curious to hear about the bass and 3D boost and how they affect the sound.

 

For what you said I infer that it is probably a good idea to go for the verza. I little bit out of my budget now, but maybe in a couple of months... :P

 

Again, thank you very much.

post #380 of 506

How good is Go-Dap X compare to say Fostex HP-P1, Sony PHA-1, VAMP Verza etc? Most importantly, how can I do the mods to decrease the output impedance of Go-Dap X and also swap the opamps?

post #381 of 506

Also, what are some good headphones/IEM suitable for Go-Dap X? Its default 47 ohm output impedance, isn't it too high for IEM?

post #382 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead99 View Post

How good is Go-Dap X compare to say Fostex HP-P1, Sony PHA-1, VAMP Verza etc? Most importantly, how can I do the mods to decrease the output impedance of Go-Dap X and also swap the opamps?

To swap opamp, you need to solder them on to the PCB. They use SOIC not the DIP. I'm pretty sure you have to remove the resistor to make it 10Ω too. I would put X in the same rank with PHA-1 and Verza where HP-P1 should be a bit higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead99 View Post

Also, what are some good headphones/IEM suitable for Go-Dap X? Its default 47 ohm output impedance, isn't it too high for IEM?

I used my X with Fitear ToGo334. I notice that the sound signature is slightly different when paring with 47Ω. Bass is suppressed while high is a little more forwarded which is fine for TG334. On the W4R, bass is almost disappear. Paring with high impedance amp will alter the sound signature of your headphone but it will not affect the sound quality. In the end, it's coming down to your own preferences. I send my X back to VentureCraft for upgrade to LME49860, ask them to switch to 10Ω.

post #383 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

That was a super fast answer. Thank you very much for that information, you did a great comparison for me. 

 

I am still curious to hear about the bass and 3D boost and how they affect the sound.

 

For what you said I infer that it is probably a good idea to go for the verza. I little bit out of my budget now, but maybe in a couple of months... :P

 

Again, thank you very much.

I own Verza and think the bass boost is ideal for a one-option boost- noticeable without overpowering and doesn't muddy the lower mids to my ears.  The 3D detracts from music with an unnatural "echoey" character, but might work well with movies.  I never use the 3D with music.  I do use the bass boost with select genres like pop and EDM.  Also, Verza provides more power than I need with 32-ohm headphones and goes much louder than the previous "V-Modatized" version of the GoDAP 4.

post #384 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

To swap opamp, you need to solder them on to the PCB. They use SOIC not the DIP. I'm pretty sure you have to remove the resistor to make it 10Ω too. I would put X in the same rank with PHA-1 and Verza where HP-P1 should be a bit higher.

I used my X with Fitear ToGo334. I notice that the sound signature is slightly different when paring with 47Ω. Bass is suppressed while high is a little more forwarded which is fine for TG334. On the W4R, bass is almost disappear. Paring with high impedance amp will alter the sound signature of your headphone but it will not affect the sound quality. In the end, it's coming down to your own preferences. I send my X back to VentureCraft for upgrade to LME49860, ask them to switch to 10Ω.

Thanks for your helpful reply!

post #385 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec View Post

Yeah, it should easily drive 650. It's made in Japan. I got the red Muse version yesterday finally got it setup. Dimitri from music acoustica. Had been terrific to deal with. He will ship world wide. I got mine in 5 business days shipped from Japan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Hello,

I am glad you are enjoying the GODAP X

BTW, I am currently in USA in NY. (Was attending the Anual NY  Head-fi meet yesterday Saturday.)

I have new unit GO DAP DD Socket 1 Limited Edition in Japan Black color on hands

Only 100 units were made. Very special dap. I got few units on hand.  if any one looking to possible audition it and write a review on it I will be glad to send it to you.

we are offering special deal on it as well.

Go DAp X black Lime49869 also available if amy one looking to audition on, it is a great opportunity.

 

Picture for the DD is here on the facebook page

P.S Interested individuals pm  or email  for more info

I will be in NY area until Tuesday April 23 so I can ship it fast by mid day tuesday 

Greetings

D.T


Edited by DimitriTrush - 4/22/13 at 6:16am
post #386 of 506

Lately, I only used my Go-Dap X as an USB DAC since I got my DD Socket 1. 

 

 

 

If you guy have a chance, I recommend you to try DD Socket 1.

post #387 of 506
Can it be used for imod or not
post #388 of 506

No. Not compatible with iPods prior to Classic, thus no iPod Video, Photo, etc.

post #389 of 506

Hello there,

anybody using the Go-dap-x with MacBookPro?

  got one and I was getting the worse high pitch noise, like ringing in your ear after noise,  with the MAC streaming MOG yesterday, thinking I have a bad unit but

just testing it now with Ipod Classic 7G and works fine so I am thinking the problem was the MAC itself or the streaming but I use the Sony PHA-1 to stream all the time and have no issues, 

 

I did also charge it overnight

 

settings

USB/DAC and AMP

 

 

Thanks in advance

post #390 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

Hello there,

anybody using the Go-dap-x with MacBookPro?

  got one and I was getting the worse high pitch noise, like ringing in your ear after noise,  with the MAC streaming MOG yesterday, thinking I have a bad unit but

just testing it now with Ipod Classic 7G and works fine so I am thinking the problem was the MAC itself or the streaming but I use the Sony PHA-1 to stream all the time and have no issues, 

 

I did also charge it overnight

 

settings

USB/DAC and AMP

 

 

Thanks in advance

Hey Snapple, I used the X~black for about a month with my MBP and did not experience a high pitch noise FWICR ever. Do you get the noise out both USB ports? I read someplace that there is a difference between the two on my Retina.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)