Originally Posted by Ashade
Ok, so the ventura craft looks awesome in my opinion.
- How would compare it with Fiio E07K/E17?
- Is it worth the money difference?
- What about the bass bost and the 3D buttons?
- What about the differences with Vamp Verza?
Thank you in advance!
- Fiio: dunno. Never really owned any of those products.
- $$: kinda subjective but very personally for myself, I think customized Go-DAP X's are worth it.
- personally for me again, I don't use those functions (maybe for the exception of the 3D when I'm watching movies through the notebook)
- differences from Verza (comparing to BASE Go-DAP X)
* 6 layer PCB vs 2 layer - so Verza is more immune to RF noise
* higher quality caps for Verza. Can't say if it makes a difference sonically as I don't own a Verza
* 130mW (iDevice)/150mW (USB Audio) vs 80mW: So Verza can drive slightly higher impedance headphones
* 10 ohm impedance headphone out vs 47 ohm: so Verza can drive IEMs more "fully"
* different OpAmps used: matter of taste
A thing to note though the Go-DAP X an be customized almost
to the point of a Verza (sonically....not talking about the exterior shell). E.g. My X has an LME49860 OpAmp as opposed to their base OPA2134 or Muses 8920, & my headphone out impedance is also lowered to 10 ohm (& therefore my output also increased from 80mW/ch to 130/150mW/ch. The only differences then with my X vs the Verza (aside from OpAmp preference) is the 6 layer & higher end caps.