Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013) - Page 19

post #271 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxway View Post

Here is mine; got it since 4 days




To sum up, let's say, as I'm no expert at all, that it makes the whole thing much better: in terms of amplification and SQ; I'm not such a fan of the "surround" button as I don't like the original sound to be transformed... The mariage with my SH Amperior is pretty good: actually I could ever use the Iphone without the Go Dap X because of the very low impedance of these headphones, but the Dap makes it better after all; The good thing is that I can carry the rig with me in my pocket (would have prefer right angled cable btw...): it's not this heavy and very thin actually;
The surround function can be appropriate for some kind of music I guess as the bass option (why is it so weird/complicated to activate it?) which I dont need with these HP.
I'm not found of the battery indicator: you don't really know for how long your Dap will run yet...
It's ok to syncronize the iDevice too to your computer via the Go Dap.
About the cable I'll run some tests between the toxic one and the looooonnnng Apple original one to see the improvment (or not).
Plus I did not give a try to the USB Dac function either yet.
AFAIK It is a really good product (well built) for the asked price; all I can say for now!!
PS: dont know about the black unit; red one is ok for me: quite clear even If it's never enough for me...

PS2: have to thank VentureCraft for their great service and for having answering all my stupid questions.

Did you complete your review of the toxic cable? 

post #272 of 500

Honestly, I can hear any difference except on the bass maybe (best rendering with the toxic)

post #273 of 500

!!! e-earphone is doing a sale campaign for Go-DAP X until the 17th of February :

 

 

 

As shown in the image, the package includes Venturecraft's dock-to-USB cable (e-earphone price : 14,800 Yen) and 50% off coupon for LME 49860 OpAmp upgrade (valid until 5/2013), all for Go-DAP X's normal sales price of 32,800 Yen. Not trying to promote or anything, but that's damn good value for the price.

 

I actually went ahead and bought it lol, also planning to upgrade the OpAmp to LME49860 next month or so. We'll see how this goes.

 

*edit*

So how do I upgrade the OpAmp anyways? Do I have to contact Venturecraft directly?


Edited by Deadlovestory - 2/5/13 at 12:10am
post #274 of 500
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlovestory View Post

!!! e-earphone is doing a sale campaign for Go-DAP X until the 17th of February :





As shown in the image, the package includes Venturecraft's dock-to-USB cable (e-earphone price : 14,800 Yen) and 50% off coupon for LME 49860 OpAmp upgrade (valid until 5/2013), all for Go-DAP X's normal sales price of 32,800 Yen. Not trying to promote or anything, but that's damn good value for the price.

I actually went ahead and bought it lol, also planning to upgrade the OpAmp to LME49860 next month or so. We'll see how this goes.

*edit*
So how do I upgrade the OpAmp anyways? Do I have to contact Venturecraft directly?
LME49860 is nice.

I'm meeting them either tomorrow or Thurs but I'd guess it'll be through e-earphone since is their advert. They'll get you to fill in a form of what you want done (upgrade, repair, etc.).
post #275 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

LME49860 is nice.

I'm meeting them either tomorrow or Thurs but I'd guess it'll be through e-earphone since is their advert. They'll get you to fill in a form of what you want done (upgrade, repair, etc.).

Weird, I called e-earphone's call center and the person said I'd have to contact Venturecraft directly. Was wondering if e-earphone can handle the upgrade and directly sending my Go-DAP to Venturecraft to save me the trouble :/

 

If it isn't too much to ask, can you please confirm to Venturecraft how should I proceed with the upgrade? Or perhaps a contact person would be good as well. Thanks beforehand~

post #276 of 500
Thread Starter 
Sure I'll ask. Also if you're in Tokyo & you want to try the LME before upgrading, let me know. Happy to meet & bring it along. Then you can decide if the upgrade is worth it or not.
post #277 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Sure I'll ask. Also if you're in Tokyo & you want to try the LME before upgrading, let me know. Happy to meet & bring it along. Then you can decide if the upgrade is worth it or not.

Sweet. As for the LME try-out, I have no plan to go to Tokyo for now, not before May at least (which is when the 50% off coupon will go invalid), soo yeah. Thank you for the offer anyways!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Nope confirmed it. It is 47ohms, but they can do 10ohms on request.

Also, can anyone confirm if Venturecraft will accept this request or not (and perhaps the price for it)?

post #278 of 500
Those using the Go-DAP X with Galaxy phones. Do you find it a huge difference in sound improvement? I'm only going to use it with Senneheiser IE80.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
post #279 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


LME49860 is nice.

I'm meeting them either tomorrow or Thurs but I'd guess it'll be through e-earphone since is their advert. They'll get you to fill in a form of what you want done (upgrade, repair, etc.).

can you ask them why they dont ship overseas?

post #280 of 500
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlovestory View Post

Sweet. As for the LME try-out, I have no plan to go to Tokyo for now, not before May at least (which is when the 50% off coupon will go invalid), soo yeah. Thank you for the offer anyways!

 

Also, can anyone confirm if Venturecraft will accept this request or not (and perhaps the price for it)?

 

Sorry, didn't meet them in the end 'cos they were busy preparing for this Saturday's show. I'm meeting them at the show though 'cos I have one of their products that they want to demo. So I'll meet them for sure. I can ask them about the headphone out question but they won't be able to answer me on the spot at the show. Most likely I'll have to e-mail them (which you could yourself too if you want to).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

can you ask them why they dont ship overseas?

 

Cos that promotion is actually by e-earphone, a local domestic shop - not VentureCraft themselves. If you want to have a Go-DAP X with LME, you can e-mail VentureCraft directly. Whether they give the same promo as e-earphone, I don't know. You'll find out when you mail them. I know some folks in Indonesia got the Go-DAP X with LME directly from them.

post #281 of 500

How i envy people living in japan >< anyone willing to ship to canada? 

post #282 of 500
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiaen View Post

How i envy people living in japan >< anyone willing to ship to canada? 

 

Looks like you glanced through my post. As mentioned e-mail VentureCraft. They can send overseas as they have sent to Indonesia.

post #283 of 500

Thanks not to derail the thread but I actually was refering to the e-earphone folks, I wanted to buy a second hand j-phonics IEM from them but they told me they dont ship anything over-seas. It was hard to communicate with them as they said we do not have english speaking staff( I assume that might be a reason)

 

 

Waiting for your kind detail update on the MUSES01 :-) Thanks in advance . 

post #284 of 500
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Thanks not to derail the thread but I actually was refering to the e-earphone folks, I wanted to buy a second hand j-phonics IEM from them but they told me they dont ship anything over-seas. It was hard to communicate with them as they said we do not have english speaking staff( I assume that might be a reason)

 

 

Waiting for your kind detail update on the MUSES01 :-) Thanks in advance . 

 

None of these stores here would sell 2nd hand overseas - Fujiya, e-earphone, etc. Their policie are catered for local domestic market. Just like many stores in other countries too. Although known to others before, it just happens that they gained prominence ever since MKubota1 religiously does his coverage of  the Fujiya Headphone events & Jude covering the Autumn '11 Festival on Youtube that these local stores shot to stardom.

 

That's not to say that they'll stay domestic forever. Who knows, they may change their policies.

 

The Muses01 is exactly what I'll need to return tomorrow 'cos that's what they want to demo on their booth! I've had a listen to it but I probably won't be writing much thoughts on that as much as I will on the OPA627 since I've got that for as long as I need to review it - whereas the Muses01 was only 3 days of burn-in, and 2 days of listening.

post #285 of 500

I guess I'll send them an e-mail or two about LME upgrade and the impedance-lowering thingy. Maybe later though, a bit too engrossed in my Go-DAP Black at the moment; freshly arrived yesterday night, two days early from schedule, lol. Silly kuroneko (and Japanese in general).

 

I have to say this thing has good synergy with F111; It makes the F111 more monitor-like with extra treble extension and all (maybe due to the high impedance?). But the Bass-boost function adds quite a bit of warmth, perfect for when I just want to chill.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)