Custom Built M3 + Sigma 11 power supply built in with very high quality parts
Will Ship To: USA
This is a custom built M3 headphone amp with the Sigma 11 power supply built into the unit itself. Its was built by Corey. We have used very good parts for this unit.
1. It uses a TKD potentiometer instead of the cheaper Alps Blue Velvet. This potentiometer has a very neutral non grainy sound.
2. The chasis is a a high quality one as well with a thick face plate to add support. This is not your conventional M3.
3. It ships with the BB2604 opamp which I found to be the best match for this amp. I will also include the AD8610 opamp which is switchable if you desire. The 2604 has a more balanced natural sound where as the 8610 has a more open but slightly lean sound.
4. The wiring inside is silver coated copper of good quality.
5. The power supply is a high quality part (sigma 11 board) as well and is capable of delivering more than enough current for the amplifier stage.
6. The amp is nearly scratchless and works perfectly. I have used it with a lot of headphones and it drives them all without any problem at all. It has more than enough power. I have never used it with planars so I have no idea though from the specs it should be able to drive them.
7. The amp has an RCA (all switch craft) in for the input and another RCA connector which is to serve as a loop to route the same signal to another device like another amp. Do not connect two inputs to the two RCA connectors as they are loop outs and not switchable inputs.
This amp sounds way better than the Burson 160 which I sold after I bought this. Please do not underestimate this amp.
I ship within the US only and accept paypal. I'll ship via USPS or UPS. Buyer adds $15 for shipping.
Edited by sberamji - 5/12/12 at 4:03pm