- 1,839 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Just outside Goneburg
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 2/27/15 at 7:36pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Yesterday
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Hi End Cables
Q Cable Impressions Thread - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just ordered the 'Q' cables for my HD800's and HE500's in Red. Now just have to wait for the Taboo and I'll be set for a while?? heh?
Edited by bearFNF - 3/23/13 at 12:26pm
Unfortunately no headphones, I have considered some custom IEM's. I would probably use my Studio V from a pocket though. Unless I break down a put a small faring on it. Not a big fan of fairings, but it would be nice when its this cold out to have wind protection for the hands.
You know now that I am thinking about it, there are some hard lower covers for the highway bars I could put on. then I could install a good source and amp. Ouch theres goes my wallet again....
It would look like this (but the fairing would be smaller):
That'd be nice. Someone should come up with a system where the electronics could be put down below, but have the controls up by your instrument cluster.
The cross country actually has controls for the audio right next to the clutch lever. Cruise is on the throttle side.
Here's what the instument cluster on the Cross Country tour looks like. You can see the audio control on the lower left. cruise looks the same on but next to the right grip:
Yeah, but that's only controlling the built-in audio system, which I assume isn't anything special. I'm saying it would be nice to have a really good system that could be controlled that way.
You should put a bug in Ken's ear at ALO.
Yep, that's true. There are a few aftermarket rigs...but nothing special.
Furutech is going to market new connectors. I don't think they'll make a big difference but they look way cool!!
I think when these come out I'll have Steve slap them on my Q-Silk's!!!!!!!!
But as much as I love ya, man, I'm afraid I'd have to turn down such a request. Sorry.
Those Furutechs are rhodium plated. Rhodium's fine for mechanical contacts, but it doesn't solder worth a crap. I've dealt with rhodium plating in the past with some of the Cardas connectors and I just won't touch the stuff anymore.
The smart thing to have done, if one insists on rhodium, would have been to selectively plate the rhodium onto the contact surfaces only and leave the soldering surfaces plated with something that has much better solderability.
- Q Cable Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 9 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2