- 1,779 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Just outside Goneburg
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 2/27/15 at 7:36pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Hi End Cables
Q Cable Impressions Thread - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just ordered the 'Q' cables for my HD800's and HE500's in Red. Now just have to wait for the Taboo and I'll be set for a while?? heh?
Edited by bearFNF - 3/23/13 at 12:26pm
Unfortunately no headphones, I have considered some custom IEM's. I would probably use my Studio V from a pocket though. Unless I break down a put a small faring on it. Not a big fan of fairings, but it would be nice when its this cold out to have wind protection for the hands.
You know now that I am thinking about it, there are some hard lower covers for the highway bars I could put on. then I could install a good source and amp. Ouch theres goes my wallet again....
It would look like this (but the fairing would be smaller):
That'd be nice. Someone should come up with a system where the electronics could be put down below, but have the controls up by your instrument cluster.
The cross country actually has controls for the audio right next to the clutch lever. Cruise is on the throttle side.
Here's what the instument cluster on the Cross Country tour looks like. You can see the audio control on the lower left. cruise looks the same on but next to the right grip:
Yeah, but that's only controlling the built-in audio system, which I assume isn't anything special. I'm saying it would be nice to have a really good system that could be controlled that way.
You should put a bug in Ken's ear at ALO.
Yep, that's true. There are a few aftermarket rigs...but nothing special.
Furutech is going to market new connectors. I don't think they'll make a big difference but they look way cool!!
I think when these come out I'll have Steve slap them on my Q-Silk's!!!!!!!!
But as much as I love ya, man, I'm afraid I'd have to turn down such a request. Sorry.
Those Furutechs are rhodium plated. Rhodium's fine for mechanical contacts, but it doesn't solder worth a crap. I've dealt with rhodium plating in the past with some of the Cardas connectors and I just won't touch the stuff anymore.
The smart thing to have done, if one insists on rhodium, would have been to selectively plate the rhodium onto the contact surfaces only and leave the soldering surfaces plated with something that has much better solderability.
- Q Cable Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 53 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo (Silver new chassis) SOLD 1 minute ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › Louisiana State University HeadFi-ers? 11 minutes ago
- › Computer Audiophile Set Up 11 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 12 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2