- 1,740 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Just outside Goneburg
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on Today at 7:36 pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
- Hi End Cables
Q Cable Impressions Thread - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just ordered the 'Q' cables for my HD800's and HE500's in Red. Now just have to wait for the Taboo and I'll be set for a while?? heh?
Edited by bearFNF - 3/23/13 at 12:26pm
Unfortunately no headphones, I have considered some custom IEM's. I would probably use my Studio V from a pocket though. Unless I break down a put a small faring on it. Not a big fan of fairings, but it would be nice when its this cold out to have wind protection for the hands.
You know now that I am thinking about it, there are some hard lower covers for the highway bars I could put on. then I could install a good source and amp. Ouch theres goes my wallet again....
It would look like this (but the fairing would be smaller):
That'd be nice. Someone should come up with a system where the electronics could be put down below, but have the controls up by your instrument cluster.
The cross country actually has controls for the audio right next to the clutch lever. Cruise is on the throttle side.
Here's what the instument cluster on the Cross Country tour looks like. You can see the audio control on the lower left. cruise looks the same on but next to the right grip:
Yeah, but that's only controlling the built-in audio system, which I assume isn't anything special. I'm saying it would be nice to have a really good system that could be controlled that way.
You should put a bug in Ken's ear at ALO.
Yep, that's true. There are a few aftermarket rigs...but nothing special.
Furutech is going to market new connectors. I don't think they'll make a big difference but they look way cool!!
I think when these come out I'll have Steve slap them on my Q-Silk's!!!!!!!!
But as much as I love ya, man, I'm afraid I'd have to turn down such a request. Sorry.
Those Furutechs are rhodium plated. Rhodium's fine for mechanical contacts, but it doesn't solder worth a crap. I've dealt with rhodium plating in the past with some of the Cardas connectors and I just won't touch the stuff anymore.
The smart thing to have done, if one insists on rhodium, would have been to selectively plate the rhodium onto the contact surfaces only and leave the soldering surfaces plated with something that has much better solderability.
- Q Cable Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › How to Rip DVD/Blu-Ray into High-Resolution tracks in different... 26 seconds ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a great all-rounder headphone, $400 budget 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3