New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

(see: The now locked Toxic review thread)

 

It's actually unlocked now: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612256/toxic-cables-viper-sennhesier-hd650-headphone-cable-affordable-hi-fi-review

 

Of course, they went in and deleted 90% of the posts (including anything interesting, relevant or marginally truthful) before unlocking it again.  They really shouldn't have even bothered with the cleanup and unlock, TBH, seeing as the review itself has about as much veracity as something you'd read on 6moons.

post #32 of 438
Thread Starter 

^ I was trying to be funny. All in good spirit biggrin.gif

post #33 of 438

Cable reviews have always seemed a little...ridiculous to me. 

 

I have no problems with Austin though. I get where Steve was suspect, and I feel that review is poor...but we share some musical taste and he does get to try a ton of gear.

 

I take any audio review with a grain of salt most of the time anyway.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

 

It's actually unlocked now: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612256/toxic-cables-viper-sennhesier-hd650-headphone-cable-affordable-hi-fi-review

 

Of course, they went in and deleted 90% of the posts (including anything interesting, relevant or marginally truthful) before unlocking it again.  They really shouldn't have even bothered with the cleanup and unlock, TBH, seeing as the review itself has about as much veracity as something you'd read on 6moons.

post #34 of 438

I figured you were. All in all you're Head-famous now. :D

 

Check that off the 'Life Goals' list.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson View Post

^ I was trying to be funny. All in good spirit biggrin.gif

post #35 of 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Oh, and that new silk cable is ridiculously sexy.

I'm told the silk in question is sourced from a nest of radioactive giant spiders (rumored to be from Fukushima Daiichi) currently residing in his basement.  He feeds the spiders the children he abducts after he's done with them for himself, probably in order to get rid of the evidence, and in return they give him silk.  Also, If you get your cable on special order, Steve will rub the silk all over his naked sweaty body before putting it over the cable.  Pictures can be e-mailed upon request.


467

Sexy indeed!

I wonder if the kids are free range, or least the spiders. I'm assuming so - Steve's a pretty caring guy.
post #36 of 438

does anyone have cables from q cables and toxic cables and can do a comparison between the two?

post #37 of 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

does anyone have cables from q cables and toxic cables and can do a comparison between the two?

 

Just look at that sexy silk beast...how could anything compete?

post #38 of 438

Steve's just another cable guy, with a marketing past--he's at least on par with the best of 'em. Wrap some Cu in sustainable silk or cotton negligé, a cigarette and a drink afterwards... wink_face.gif


Edited by Rdr. Seraphim - 6/12/12 at 8:48pm
post #39 of 438

Cigarettes and adult beverages sold separately. biggrin.gif

 

se

post #40 of 438
There are some sick puppies in this place.
post #41 of 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevtt View Post

There are some sick puppies in this place.

 

I'm a big fan of your "Ministry of Silly Walks" avatar.

post #42 of 438

As am I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

 

I'm a big fan of your "Ministry of Silly Walks" avatar.

post #43 of 438

Thanks. Quite the charming group of guys weren't they?

 

 

the-life-of-python20-greatest-monty-python-sketches-545x355.jpg

post #44 of 438

Bump for steve's awesome service and help. Looking forward to his new amp!

post #45 of 438

I have tried several after market cables. Recently I purchased a Q cable for my he400's. It's the best cable that I've ever used-hands down. I did enjoy the Blue Dragon, but it was just to heavy and unmanageable. 

 

The Q cable has the soft, yarn like quality that I was looking for. The cup connectors are marked visible with large red and white indicated for L and R, so that I never have to worry about putting on the hp's backwards. It's a small but appreciated touch.

 

Great cable!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: