- 1,535 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Finns' Land
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 4/8/14 at 7:17pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Hi End Cables
Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 18
Just ordered the 'Q' cables for my HD800's and HE500's in Red. Now just have to wait for the Taboo and I'll be set for a while?? heh?
Edited by bearFNF - 3/23/13 at 12:26pm
Unfortunately no headphones, I have considered some custom IEM's. I would probably use my Studio V from a pocket though. Unless I break down a put a small faring on it. Not a big fan of fairings, but it would be nice when its this cold out to have wind protection for the hands.
You know now that I am thinking about it, there are some hard lower covers for the highway bars I could put on. then I could install a good source and amp. Ouch theres goes my wallet again....
It would look like this (but the fairing would be smaller):
That'd be nice. Someone should come up with a system where the electronics could be put down below, but have the controls up by your instrument cluster.
The cross country actually has controls for the audio right next to the clutch lever. Cruise is on the throttle side.
Here's what the instument cluster on the Cross Country tour looks like. You can see the audio control on the lower left. cruise looks the same on but next to the right grip:
Yeah, but that's only controlling the built-in audio system, which I assume isn't anything special. I'm saying it would be nice to have a really good system that could be controlled that way.
You should put a bug in Ken's ear at ALO.
Yep, that's true. There are a few aftermarket rigs...but nothing special.
Furutech is going to market new connectors. I don't think they'll make a big difference but they look way cool!!
I think when these come out I'll have Steve slap them on my Q-Silk's!!!!!!!!
But as much as I love ya, man, I'm afraid I'd have to turn down such a request. Sorry.
Those Furutechs are rhodium plated. Rhodium's fine for mechanical contacts, but it doesn't solder worth a crap. I've dealt with rhodium plating in the past with some of the Cardas connectors and I just won't touch the stuff anymore.
The smart thing to have done, if one insists on rhodium, would have been to selectively plate the rhodium onto the contact surfaces only and leave the soldering surfaces plated with something that has much better solderability.
- Q Cable Appreciation Thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 1 minute ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Lepai LP-2020A for the ath-esw9's? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)