- 1,719 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Just outside Goneburg
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 4/8/14 at 7:17pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
- Hi End Cables
Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just ordered the 'Q' cables for my HD800's and HE500's in Red. Now just have to wait for the Taboo and I'll be set for a while?? heh?
Edited by bearFNF - 3/23/13 at 12:26pm
Unfortunately no headphones, I have considered some custom IEM's. I would probably use my Studio V from a pocket though. Unless I break down a put a small faring on it. Not a big fan of fairings, but it would be nice when its this cold out to have wind protection for the hands.
You know now that I am thinking about it, there are some hard lower covers for the highway bars I could put on. then I could install a good source and amp. Ouch theres goes my wallet again....
It would look like this (but the fairing would be smaller):
That'd be nice. Someone should come up with a system where the electronics could be put down below, but have the controls up by your instrument cluster.
The cross country actually has controls for the audio right next to the clutch lever. Cruise is on the throttle side.
Here's what the instument cluster on the Cross Country tour looks like. You can see the audio control on the lower left. cruise looks the same on but next to the right grip:
Yeah, but that's only controlling the built-in audio system, which I assume isn't anything special. I'm saying it would be nice to have a really good system that could be controlled that way.
You should put a bug in Ken's ear at ALO.
Yep, that's true. There are a few aftermarket rigs...but nothing special.
Furutech is going to market new connectors. I don't think they'll make a big difference but they look way cool!!
I think when these come out I'll have Steve slap them on my Q-Silk's!!!!!!!!
But as much as I love ya, man, I'm afraid I'd have to turn down such a request. Sorry.
Those Furutechs are rhodium plated. Rhodium's fine for mechanical contacts, but it doesn't solder worth a crap. I've dealt with rhodium plating in the past with some of the Cardas connectors and I just won't touch the stuff anymore.
The smart thing to have done, if one insists on rhodium, would have been to selectively plate the rhodium onto the contact surfaces only and leave the soldering surfaces plated with something that has much better solderability.
- Q Cable Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! 3 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 51 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 52 seconds ago
- › Coiled cable suggestion 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3