- 1,884 Posts. Joined 8/2005
- Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 2/24/14 at 7:55pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 11post #151 of 38011/20/12 at 4:55amI will post up listening impressions in a few days. I'm echoing Warrior Ant in his Q Review by stating these are really comfortable, flexible, and light. Very nice looking. More to come!post #152 of 38011/20/12 at 3:37pm
I have about twelve hours on the Silk Q's now. I will post some pictures tomorrow with the rig. Again they are super comfortable, flexible and nice looking. As far as my ears can tell so far the sound is less harsh than the stock cable and I have noticed a bit more detail. At this point in my rig I wouldn't expect huge sonic jumps with any cable no matter the material or cost. These are quite nice and I will post more listening impressions as I progress with them. Right now I've got on Thick as a Brick 24/96 file playback ripped from the new DVDA 40th stereo remix by Steven Wilson. We got sound-stage here baby!!post #153 of 38011/21/12 at 11:42ampost #154 of 38011/21/12 at 11:42ampost #155 of 38011/21/12 at 11:43ampost #156 of 38011/21/12 at 3:19pmpost #157 of 38011/21/12 at 5:42pm
OMG, what an awesome setup!!! Love the red! Must sound absolutely stunning.
My black Q cable is still waiting for me to order the HE500 (sold my HE400)post #158 of 38011/21/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
Makes me miss my LF.
Great looking setup (and cable)!post #159 of 38011/21/12 at 6:45pmpost #160 of 38011/21/12 at 8:10pmpost #161 of 38011/25/12 at 7:35pm
Very nice sound overall. Warrior Ant's review a while back summed it up better than I ever could. Well worth the price!post #162 of 38011/26/12 at 10:39ampost #163 of 38011/26/12 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Icenine2
I have about twelve hours on the Silk Q's now. I will post some pictures tomorrow with the rig. Again they are super comfortable, flexible and nice looking. As far as my ears can tell so far the sound is less harsh than the stock cable and I have noticed a bit more detail. At this point in my rig I wouldn't expect huge sonic jumps with any cable no matter the material or cost. These are quite nice and I will post more listening impressions as I progress with them. Right now I've got on Thick as a Brick 24/96 file playback ripped from the new DVDA 40th stereo remix by Steven Wilson. We got sound-stage here baby!!
I'm sorry, you were found a harshness in LCD-2 headphones with stock cable?post #164 of 38011/26/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
And that's why I'm not a writer! No the stock aren't harsh. I should have just stated the Q's have a smoother sound to them!post #165 of 38011/29/12 at 9:59pm
I just received French Silk Q-cable for my LCD-2 Rev.2 today. I wanted to wait a few days before I wrote my opinion here, but I honestly couldn't wait. I LOVE IT!
It is my first taste of 3rd party cables, and I wasn't sure if there would be a difference from all the anti-cable talk around those forums.
Either way I thought the difference won't be that big anyway. I actually just got it because the stock cable had reached its final breaths.
So I decided to give it my best try, and after extensive research I settled with Q. It seemed to sound the best. It was also generally cheaper than most other cables that I considered.
Communication with Steve was awesome. He answers very quickly, and answers any stupid questions I have.
He even told me that the adapter I already have is good enough, so he spared me the cash of buying one from him. Quite honest.
So, I got the cables anyway, and they sound beautiful. Add me to the gullible believers' list.
I don't understand how anyone can't hear the difference...it is so obvious! Must be some serious denial going on.
It certainly is not placebo, because I didn't even particularly want to believe it had an effect...it would be much cheaper in the future if it didn't have an effect!
Besides, I can massage my ego and feel all intelligent and clever that the cable-scam didn't work on me.
Which is what I'm inclined to anyway, being the conspiracy-theorist I am!
But of course it made a difference. Not Amp-changing difference ... but quite noticeable to audiophiles or average listeners like myself.
I'm not going to go into hopeless explanations of the sound because, frankly Mr. Shankly, I can''t. But it does feel like the sound was restrained and now it is released. Sorry, that's my best! lol
I just wanted to add my voice here and give some appreciation to the cable and Steve.
If I was creating headphones that I know are good, I would sell them with that cable, so everyone could hear what they REALLY sound like.
Physically, the cable is prettier than I thought it would (or could) be. It is very soft, light and extremely easy to manipulate around ... and it sounds great ... I feel it is very well made, like the music is not held back at all, almost the same exact signal coming out of the amp is reaching the headphones, no loss of quality. So it feels.
I can, honestly, tell that lots of love, labour and knowledge were put into that cable.
Now, scrolling down on the website .... looking at those interconnects, they look ok, they look nice, they look sexy, enticing ... wonder what difference THOSE would do ... hmmm ...
Edited by Loko-Pillo - 11/29/12 at 10:26pmReturn Home
- Q Cable Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › AKG K340 and perfect amplifying solution 2 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 9 seconds ago
- › Reeccomended open headphones under $200 11 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for over ear headphones under $300 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude