- 1,850 Posts. Joined 8/2005
- Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:29pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 11post #151 of 34111/20/12 at 4:55amI will post up listening impressions in a few days. I'm echoing Warrior Ant in his Q Review by stating these are really comfortable, flexible, and light. Very nice looking. More to come!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #152 of 34111/20/12 at 3:37pm
I have about twelve hours on the Silk Q's now. I will post some pictures tomorrow with the rig. Again they are super comfortable, flexible and nice looking. As far as my ears can tell so far the sound is less harsh than the stock cable and I have noticed a bit more detail. At this point in my rig I wouldn't expect huge sonic jumps with any cable no matter the material or cost. These are quite nice and I will post more listening impressions as I progress with them. Right now I've got on Thick as a Brick 24/96 file playback ripped from the new DVDA 40th stereo remix by Steven Wilson. We got sound-stage here baby!!post #153 of 34111/21/12 at 11:42ampost #154 of 34111/21/12 at 11:42ampost #155 of 34111/21/12 at 11:43ampost #156 of 34111/21/12 at 3:19pmpost #157 of 34111/21/12 at 5:42pm
OMG, what an awesome setup!!! Love the red! Must sound absolutely stunning.
My black Q cable is still waiting for me to order the HE500 (sold my HE400)post #158 of 34111/21/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
Makes me miss my LF.
Great looking setup (and cable)!post #159 of 34111/21/12 at 6:45pmpost #160 of 34111/21/12 at 8:10pmpost #161 of 34111/25/12 at 7:35pm
Very nice sound overall. Warrior Ant's review a while back summed it up better than I ever could. Well worth the price!post #162 of 34111/26/12 at 10:39ampost #163 of 34111/26/12 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Icenine2
I have about twelve hours on the Silk Q's now. I will post some pictures tomorrow with the rig. Again they are super comfortable, flexible and nice looking. As far as my ears can tell so far the sound is less harsh than the stock cable and I have noticed a bit more detail. At this point in my rig I wouldn't expect huge sonic jumps with any cable no matter the material or cost. These are quite nice and I will post more listening impressions as I progress with them. Right now I've got on Thick as a Brick 24/96 file playback ripped from the new DVDA 40th stereo remix by Steven Wilson. We got sound-stage here baby!!
I'm sorry, you were found a harshness in LCD-2 headphones with stock cable?post #164 of 34111/26/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
And that's why I'm not a writer! No the stock aren't harsh. I should have just stated the Q's have a smoother sound to them!post #165 of 34111/29/12 at 9:59pm
I just received French Silk Q-cable for my LCD-2 Rev.2 today. I wanted to wait a few days before I wrote my opinion here, but I honestly couldn't wait. I LOVE IT!
It is my first taste of 3rd party cables, and I wasn't sure if there would be a difference from all the anti-cable talk around those forums.
Either way I thought the difference won't be that big anyway. I actually just got it because the stock cable had reached its final breaths.
So I decided to give it my best try, and after extensive research I settled with Q. It seemed to sound the best. It was also generally cheaper than most other cables that I considered.
Communication with Steve was awesome. He answers very quickly, and answers any stupid questions I have.
He even told me that the adapter I already have is good enough, so he spared me the cash of buying one from him. Quite honest.
So, I got the cables anyway, and they sound beautiful. Add me to the gullible believers' list.
I don't understand how anyone can't hear the difference...it is so obvious! Must be some serious denial going on.
It certainly is not placebo, because I didn't even particularly want to believe it had an effect...it would be much cheaper in the future if it didn't have an effect!
Besides, I can massage my ego and feel all intelligent and clever that the cable-scam didn't work on me.
Which is what I'm inclined to anyway, being the conspiracy-theorist I am!
But of course it made a difference. Not Amp-changing difference ... but quite noticeable to audiophiles or average listeners like myself.
I'm not going to go into hopeless explanations of the sound because, frankly Mr. Shankly, I can''t. But it does feel like the sound was restrained and now it is released. Sorry, that's my best! lol
I just wanted to add my voice here and give some appreciation to the cable and Steve.
If I was creating headphones that I know are good, I would sell them with that cable, so everyone could hear what they REALLY sound like.
Physically, the cable is prettier than I thought it would (or could) be. It is very soft, light and extremely easy to manipulate around ... and it sounds great ... I feel it is very well made, like the music is not held back at all, almost the same exact signal coming out of the amp is reaching the headphones, no loss of quality. So it feels.
I can, honestly, tell that lots of love, labour and knowledge were put into that cable.
Now, scrolling down on the website .... looking at those interconnects, they look ok, they look nice, they look sexy, enticing ... wonder what difference THOSE would do ... hmmm ...
Edited by Loko-Pillo - 11/29/12 at 10:26pmReturn Home
- Q Cable Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Your opinion about cables (RCA , toslink & speaker-wire) 33 seconds ago
- › Introduction 41 seconds ago
- › Home Audio Setup advice needed - Xonar Card, Tube Amp and Beyer DT... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe