If the glass isn't loose, don't do anything. Always remove the tube from the base, not the glass. If the glass is moving, seal it with super glue.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST DEDICATED HEADPHONE RIG Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WOO WA22 with LCD-2, Grado1000i, HD800, GradoRS1i Last post on 3/12/11 at 5:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Grado Rs1i(probably hd650 or hd800 or LCD2 in the future) Last post on 12/8/10 at 6:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Not An Introduction This in-ear monitor does not need to be introduced, yet again, to headphone audio enthusiasts. The GR07 is one of the most popular high-performance IEMs on the market; at...
Well after lots and lots of reading I finally decided to buy these as my primary headphones. I was so excited I didn't even wait until I got home to un-box them. First thing you will notice is the...
HiFiMAN HE-400i and HE-560 review & comparison - w/ stock grilles and Focus pads Disclaimer: The following review/comparison is my subjective assessment of the two headphones. The differences...
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions - Page 130post #1936 of 19438/31/14 at 10:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 19438/31/14 at 10:41pm
The Stratus circuit dominates the tubes. You can get subtle changes with different rectifiers; changing drivers has an even smaller effect; changing the power tube has the largest effect. The unobtainable (or $1200/pair) AVVT meshplate is at the top of those i have heard. But it still sounds like s Stratus. Headphones make the biggest difference for better or worse.
To each his-her own!post #1938 of 19439/2/14 at 4:15am
Hi im thinking of buying the EML 5u4g soon. There is guy selling one on headfi but he is selling the solid plate version. I thought there was only a mesh plate version. Do both exist and which is better? I presume the mesh is better but i cant find any info on the solid plate anywhere not even on the EML websitepost #1939 of 19439/2/14 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by magiccabbage
Hi im thinking of buying the EML 5u4g soon. There is guy selling one on headfi but he is selling the solid plate version. I thought there was only a mesh plate version. Do both exist and which is better? I presume the mesh is better but i cant find any info on the solid plate anywhere not even on the EML website
Even Jac Music (Jac van der Walle) does not have an EML 5U4G solid plate in his price list. Maybe EML made them in the past in a solid plate version? I am awaiting a Ken-Rad VT-244 5U4G smooth plate recommended by several people here and for which drheadphone posted a reliable source in post #1922, thank you Drheadphone. I hope that the incoming VT-244 wil make a good combination with the EML 2A3 Mesh plates which are also pending. Exciting times.post #1940 of 19439/2/14 at 1:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rudivanb
Even Jac Music (Jac van der Walle) does not have an EML 5U4G solid plate in his price list. Maybe EML made them in the past in a solid plate version? I am awaiting a Ken-Rad VT-244 5U4G smooth plate recommended by several people here and for which drheadphone posted a reliable source in post #1922, thank you Drheadphone. I hope that the incoming VT-244 wil make a good combination with the EML 2A3 Mesh plates which are also pending. Exciting times.
Very exciting indeed. The solid plate does exist as far as i know. According to DG EML used to make the solid plate version but now only offer the mesh plate's. I am wondering if this is because the mesh version is superior?
There is a solid plate EML for sale here on headfi but before i bought it i thought i would ask here.post #1941 of 19439/2/14 at 8:58pmLately I’ve been playing a rectifier-headphone matching game on the Stratus. I think I've settled on some preferred rectifiers for each of my headphones. Of course, lots depends on the 2A3 tube, the source (mine: OR5->PWD2, Oppo 105), and personal taste. So take the impressions with a grain of salt. Also, large photos alert!
D7000+RCA 5R4GY – The RCA does the best job tightening the 7000’s beefy low end and keeping the soundstage extra-wide
HE560+Sophia 274B – A very linear-sounding combo with high-level detail top to bottom. The Sophia’s slightly rounded highs goes some ways to reduce the headphone’s tilted top end. Second Pick: JAN CKR (Ken Rad)
LCDX+JAN-CKR(Ken Rad) – This combo is buttery smooth with depth for days. Many goosebump inducing moments caused by the CKR’s life-like detail. Second pick: The Philips 5R4GYS has great top&bottom extension while still spotlighting the LCD’s midrange. A poor man’s EML 5U4G.
W3000ANV+Brimar 5R4GY - Gorgeous midrange and mucho romance with this combo with nice extended top. Second pick: Raytheon VT-244 – similar to the Brimar with noticeable roll off at the top.
HD800+Raytheon VT-244 with “H” shaped micas (which actually look closer to doggie bone shaped). The Raytheon helps boost the midrange where 800’s sorely need it, IMO. Resolution and soundstage is on same level of the Ken Rads. The Rays noticeably have less bass and more mids. Second Pick: U52 (for good recordings). Third Pick: Sophia 274B (for less than good recordings)
HD650+U52 - The U52 extracts top-end detail like no other and does the best to liven up the 650 while keeping its romantic characteristics.
Edited by drheadphone - Yesterday at 9:14 pmpost #1942 of 19439/2/14 at 9:08pm
Hi drheadphone, great impression! I was wondering if you can top up your impression by stating the 2A3 tubes you will use to pair up with the rectifiers and headphones respectively. I think that will be a wonderful reference for all of uspost #1943 of 19439/2/14 at 9:33pm
Okay. But I have some new 2A3's incoming. This includes a second pair of JJ 2A3-40, which is days away. Hopefully, they're a good pair this time. Currently burning-in a pair of black bottle 2A3C-T. Also, a mystery 2A3 is on its way. I will reveal it later this month and make an updated 2A3 list.
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 42 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Searching for DEMO STAX SR-009 Headphone in Orange County, CA 1 minute ago
- › Over-ear cans recommended for the Bottlehead Crack with Speedball 1 minute ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 2 minutes ago
- › FS: JH Audio JH10X3 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › New Binaural DSD128 Album and Kickstarter! 128DSD Native Resolution... 6 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 7 minutes ago
- › [Help] VSonic GR07CE Right channel has stopped working. 10 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by C.C.S.
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by UnnownPlan
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by conquerator2
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by conquerator2
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)