Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST DEDICATED HEADPHONE RIG Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WOO WA22 with LCD-2, Grado1000i, HD800, GradoRS1i Last post on 3/12/11 at 5:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Grado Rs1i(probably hd650 or hd800 or LCD2 in the future) Last post on 12/8/10 at 6:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions - Page 110post #1636 of 22273/31/14 at 4:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1637 of 22273/31/14 at 4:58ampost #1638 of 22273/31/14 at 6:14ampost #1639 of 22273/31/14 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sensui123
Those in the picture are the flavor of the week (I like to switch up tubes here and there), just typical RCA 2A3 curved grey plates. I have listened to the amp with the Sylvania flat plate 2A3s and that is a very good match. Very resolved upper range and a clean midrange. So far the amp has responded well to all the NOS tubes I've thrown @ it. Dubstep Girl seems to have done the most research on the rectifier tubes and wrote up a comprehensive review.....very helpful. I happened to jump on her sale quick enough when she said she was selling her U52 Marconi....it's been a blast so far. I don't have any Sophia Princess tubes.....actually I've heard so much about Shuguang Natural Sound tubes from all the reviews here so those are the only modern production tubes I have....everything else I run = NOS (Sylvania Springtops, Sylvania Flat Plates, RCA round plates black/grey, Ken-Rads etc).
Finally joining you guys in rocking out on the Stratus, the wait was way worth it. GS-X is next on the list, should be any day now.....I think I'm calling it quits on the amp rolling for awhile after that one unless I step into electrostatics lol.
I think the dual plate 2A3s from RCA and Sylvania add more color if that is what you are after. In terms of tubes i have tried, it's hard to beat the balance and neutrality of the EML hard plates, unless you have AVVT meshplates.post #1640 of 22274/1/14 at 3:00pm
Just as a matter of interest - has anyone heard the BHSE/009 and DNA/HD800 side by side for a lengthy period of time and come out preferring the DNA/HD800?post #1641 of 22274/1/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Yeah a lot of you guys recommend the EML stuff. I think I'll pick em up to try down the line.....I do really love the Shuguang Natural sound though as a modern production tube. So lush and refined/detailed at the same time. Great combo with the HD800.post #1642 of 22274/1/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
They are a tube i would also be willing to try, lovely looking 2a3. They look really nice with the EML 5U4G
Edited by magiccabbage - 4/2/14 at 6:36ampost #1643 of 22274/2/14 at 6:36ampost #1644 of 22274/6/14 at 4:58pmpost #1645 of 22274/6/14 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by drheadphone
A video of the Sylvania dual flat-plate 2A3's on the Stratus with the LCD3 hooked up...
I'm putting this 2A3 tube up for sale on eBay along with a pair of gray S-plates (which sound nicer than the black plates, IMO).
could you please make another video showing different angles of the Stratus - please? Maybe stepping back to give an idea of size?post #1646 of 22274/6/14 at 5:22pmpost #1647 of 22274/10/14 at 7:01ampost #1648 of 22274/10/14 at 7:08ampost #1649 of 22274/10/14 at 9:38am
congrats and do bombard this thread with pics when it comes. There is no where near enough pics to satisfy me.
Third_eye - you hold first prize for best pic in this thread. you should take more and cure my ailments until my stratus arrives.post #1650 of 22274/10/14 at 9:44amQuote:
Thanks! I'll try and take some more pics!
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › FS: Superlux HD-681 Over Ear Headphones with Velour Pads (unmodded) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2