I'm currently runnin Dubstep Girl's U52 Marconi, the pearl Cryo 6N1P and rolling NOS tubes like the Ken-Rads military glass, RCA ribbon tubes, Sylvania straight plates, Sylvania Spring top, Shuguang Natural Sound 2A3C-T etc.......the amp is performing amazingly well. I have never heard a tube amp so silent in background actually, the POT adjustments on top is nice to tune out stuff on the individual channels. The unit is built like a bomb proof tank with amazing craftmanship. I am still deciding what I like most but I can say I am loving the balance of the Sylvania Spring tops the most since it gives a good tonal balance to the mids/uppers. The Shuguangs are also really great with very full notes across the spectrum. This amp seems to respond the best to the HD800 out of my headphone collection thus far....tried listening to the Audeze and Hifiman and though sounded great, the HD800 really is where it's @ with this bad boy. I gotta take pics and will post more impressions as I listen more.....overwhelming new toy syndrome right now. Thanks again Donald for the wonderful build!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST DEDICATED HEADPHONE RIG Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WOO WA22 with LCD-2, Grado1000i, HD800, GradoRS1i Last post on 3/12/11 at 5:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Grado Rs1i(probably hd650 or hd800 or LCD2 in the future) Last post on 12/8/10 at 6:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions - Page 107post #1591 of 31773/5/14 at 1:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 31773/7/14 at 6:38pmpost #1593 of 31773/7/14 at 7:48pmpost #1594 of 31773/7/14 at 8:09pmpost #1595 of 31773/7/14 at 10:48pm
nice froger, some quick pics of my setup.....had the black thing going till the Stratus....but I think it's awesome that it stands out hah:
Excuse the pics, not exactly that easy to take sharp pics in dim warm light without a tripod. I'll do my stuff some day with pictures when I have more time. Back to listening.
Edited by sensui123 - 3/7/14 at 10:50pmpost #1596 of 31773/8/14 at 12:20ampost #1597 of 31773/8/14 at 4:25ampost #1598 of 31773/8/14 at 4:39ampost #1599 of 31773/8/14 at 4:40ampost #1600 of 31773/8/14 at 7:52amQuote:
Compare to stock rectifier, to my ears, it's more dynamic, punchy I think it makes mellow, lush Stratus little more exciting without loosing too much of musicality.
BTW has anyone compared EML Meshed plate to Shuguang Treasure or Natural? I think EML Meshed plates have good amount of air, dynamic and separation but they make Stratus sounds little too much of SS amp like for my taste.
Edited by senson - 3/8/14 at 8:17ampost #1601 of 31773/10/14 at 1:19pm
Indeed, running great thanks for the great buy!
The Stratus has been a dream.....just makes me hope I had more time with the thing....lately work and family seems to just take over.....waiting for my play time. But I am very impressed by the dark background on this type of tube amp....the music does seem to creep to you out of thin air and strikes you hard with the full and richness or the sound signature. I am still playing with 2A3 combos but so far I am loving Sylvania springtops, Slyvania Flat plates for dynamics with a good balance. I really like the Shuguang Natural Sound 2A3C-T and the Ken Rad military VT-95 more listening to midrange vocals because u get an extra layer or sweet richness with these it seems. Fantastic amp.....though the Liquid Glass + HD800 would be hard to beat but this has now become my reference combo for now. Should be an interesting comparison when the GS-X rolls in. Happy to be part of the family here and thanks everyone for the great recommendations on the tubes.post #1602 of 31773/11/14 at 6:32pm
Can anyone here say what the Audio GD M7 is like with the DNA? Are there brightness issues? I wonder would i be better off with the NAD M51 or something. I hope the new Schiit YGGD can compete with these DAC'spost #1603 of 31773/11/14 at 9:18pm
Just placed my order the Stratus yesterday, according to Donald it should be ready sometime by middle of June. The next 3 months is going to be very exciting while waiting for it!post #1604 of 31773/11/14 at 9:53pmpost #1605 of 31773/11/14 at 9:55pm
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 17 seconds ago
- › TFZ Balance 2M 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear