I'm currently runnin Dubstep Girl's U52 Marconi, the pearl Cryo 6N1P and rolling NOS tubes like the Ken-Rads military glass, RCA ribbon tubes, Sylvania straight plates, Sylvania Spring top, Shuguang Natural Sound 2A3C-T etc.......the amp is performing amazingly well. I have never heard a tube amp so silent in background actually, the POT adjustments on top is nice to tune out stuff on the individual channels. The unit is built like a bomb proof tank with amazing craftmanship. I am still deciding what I like most but I can say I am loving the balance of the Sylvania Spring tops the most since it gives a good tonal balance to the mids/uppers. The Shuguangs are also really great with very full notes across the spectrum. This amp seems to respond the best to the HD800 out of my headphone collection thus far....tried listening to the Audeze and Hifiman and though sounded great, the HD800 really is where it's @ with this bad boy. I gotta take pics and will post more impressions as I listen more.....overwhelming new toy syndrome right now. Thanks again Donald for the wonderful build!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST DEDICATED HEADPHONE RIG Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WOO WA22 with LCD-2, Grado1000i, HD800, GradoRS1i Last post on 3/12/11 at 5:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Grado Rs1i(probably hd650 or hd800 or LCD2 in the future) Last post on 12/8/10 at 6:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions - Page 107post #1591 of 22783/5/14 at 1:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 22783/7/14 at 6:38pmpost #1593 of 22783/7/14 at 7:48pmpost #1594 of 22783/7/14 at 8:09pmpost #1595 of 22783/7/14 at 10:48pm
nice froger, some quick pics of my setup.....had the black thing going till the Stratus....but I think it's awesome that it stands out hah:
Excuse the pics, not exactly that easy to take sharp pics in dim warm light without a tripod. I'll do my stuff some day with pictures when I have more time. Back to listening.
Edited by sensui123 - 3/7/14 at 10:50pmpost #1596 of 22783/8/14 at 12:20ampost #1597 of 22783/8/14 at 4:25ampost #1598 of 22783/8/14 at 4:39ampost #1599 of 22783/8/14 at 4:40ampost #1600 of 22783/8/14 at 7:52amQuote:
Compare to stock rectifier, to my ears, it's more dynamic, punchy I think it makes mellow, lush Stratus little more exciting without loosing too much of musicality.
BTW has anyone compared EML Meshed plate to Shuguang Treasure or Natural? I think EML Meshed plates have good amount of air, dynamic and separation but they make Stratus sounds little too much of SS amp like for my taste.
Edited by senson - 3/8/14 at 8:17ampost #1601 of 22783/10/14 at 1:19pm
Indeed, running great thanks for the great buy!
The Stratus has been a dream.....just makes me hope I had more time with the thing....lately work and family seems to just take over.....waiting for my play time. But I am very impressed by the dark background on this type of tube amp....the music does seem to creep to you out of thin air and strikes you hard with the full and richness or the sound signature. I am still playing with 2A3 combos but so far I am loving Sylvania springtops, Slyvania Flat plates for dynamics with a good balance. I really like the Shuguang Natural Sound 2A3C-T and the Ken Rad military VT-95 more listening to midrange vocals because u get an extra layer or sweet richness with these it seems. Fantastic amp.....though the Liquid Glass + HD800 would be hard to beat but this has now become my reference combo for now. Should be an interesting comparison when the GS-X rolls in. Happy to be part of the family here and thanks everyone for the great recommendations on the tubes.post #1602 of 22783/11/14 at 6:32pm
Can anyone here say what the Audio GD M7 is like with the DNA? Are there brightness issues? I wonder would i be better off with the NAD M51 or something. I hope the new Schiit YGGD can compete with these DAC'spost #1603 of 22783/11/14 at 9:18pm
Just placed my order the Stratus yesterday, according to Donald it should be ready sometime by middle of June. The next 3 months is going to be very exciting while waiting for it!post #1604 of 22783/11/14 at 9:53pmpost #1605 of 22783/11/14 at 9:55pm
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado e Series 11 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 25 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 43 seconds ago
- › Anyone from the Philippines here? 59 seconds ago
- › Fidelio X2 vs Potential of HD600/650 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › (AUS) Woo Audio WA6-SE + Multiple Tubes 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2