I'm currently runnin Dubstep Girl's U52 Marconi, the pearl Cryo 6N1P and rolling NOS tubes like the Ken-Rads military glass, RCA ribbon tubes, Sylvania straight plates, Sylvania Spring top, Shuguang Natural Sound 2A3C-T etc.......the amp is performing amazingly well. I have never heard a tube amp so silent in background actually, the POT adjustments on top is nice to tune out stuff on the individual channels. The unit is built like a bomb proof tank with amazing craftmanship. I am still deciding what I like most but I can say I am loving the balance of the Sylvania Spring tops the most since it gives a good tonal balance to the mids/uppers. The Shuguangs are also really great with very full notes across the spectrum. This amp seems to respond the best to the HD800 out of my headphone collection thus far....tried listening to the Audeze and Hifiman and though sounded great, the HD800 really is where it's @ with this bad boy. I gotta take pics and will post more impressions as I listen more.....overwhelming new toy syndrome right now. Thanks again Donald for the wonderful build!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST DEDICATED HEADPHONE RIG Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WOO WA22 with LCD-2, Grado1000i, HD800, GradoRS1i Last post on 3/12/11 at 5:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Grado Rs1i(probably hd650 or hd800 or LCD2 in the future) Last post on 12/8/10 at 6:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions - Page 107post #1591 of 30193/5/14 at 1:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 30193/7/14 at 6:38pmpost #1593 of 30193/7/14 at 7:48pmpost #1594 of 30193/7/14 at 8:09pmpost #1595 of 30193/7/14 at 10:48pm
nice froger, some quick pics of my setup.....had the black thing going till the Stratus....but I think it's awesome that it stands out hah:
Excuse the pics, not exactly that easy to take sharp pics in dim warm light without a tripod. I'll do my stuff some day with pictures when I have more time. Back to listening.
Edited by sensui123 - 3/7/14 at 10:50pmpost #1596 of 30193/8/14 at 12:20ampost #1597 of 30193/8/14 at 4:25ampost #1598 of 30193/8/14 at 4:39ampost #1599 of 30193/8/14 at 4:40ampost #1600 of 30193/8/14 at 7:52amQuote:
Compare to stock rectifier, to my ears, it's more dynamic, punchy I think it makes mellow, lush Stratus little more exciting without loosing too much of musicality.
BTW has anyone compared EML Meshed plate to Shuguang Treasure or Natural? I think EML Meshed plates have good amount of air, dynamic and separation but they make Stratus sounds little too much of SS amp like for my taste.
Edited by senson - 3/8/14 at 8:17ampost #1601 of 30193/10/14 at 1:19pm
Indeed, running great thanks for the great buy!
The Stratus has been a dream.....just makes me hope I had more time with the thing....lately work and family seems to just take over.....waiting for my play time. But I am very impressed by the dark background on this type of tube amp....the music does seem to creep to you out of thin air and strikes you hard with the full and richness or the sound signature. I am still playing with 2A3 combos but so far I am loving Sylvania springtops, Slyvania Flat plates for dynamics with a good balance. I really like the Shuguang Natural Sound 2A3C-T and the Ken Rad military VT-95 more listening to midrange vocals because u get an extra layer or sweet richness with these it seems. Fantastic amp.....though the Liquid Glass + HD800 would be hard to beat but this has now become my reference combo for now. Should be an interesting comparison when the GS-X rolls in. Happy to be part of the family here and thanks everyone for the great recommendations on the tubes.post #1602 of 30193/11/14 at 6:32pm
Can anyone here say what the Audio GD M7 is like with the DNA? Are there brightness issues? I wonder would i be better off with the NAD M51 or something. I hope the new Schiit YGGD can compete with these DAC'spost #1603 of 30193/11/14 at 9:18pm
Just placed my order the Stratus yesterday, according to Donald it should be ready sometime by middle of June. The next 3 months is going to be very exciting while waiting for it!post #1604 of 30193/11/14 at 9:53pmpost #1605 of 30193/11/14 at 9:55pm
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 25 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 44 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 49 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by micropixel
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...