Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Diablo III Character Poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III Character Poll - Page 5

Poll Results: Which Diablo III Character will you play first?

 
  • 18% (12)
    Barbarian
  • 27% (18)
    Demon Hunter
  • 18% (12)
    Monk
  • 13% (9)
    Witch Doctor
  • 21% (14)
    Wizard
65 Total Votes  
post #61 of 76

Give it a try. You can always go back if it's too hard.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post

I was able to solo Inferno act 1 with my Witch Doctor without too much difficulty, and I've improved my gear quite a bit from farming the last part of the act through killing Butcher.  Haven't made that jump into act 2 yet since everyone states that the difficulty jumps up significantly, but I'll give it a go sometime this week.

post #62 of 76

Farming for 4 or so hours to not get a single piece of even sell-able gear is SUCH a drag. Hellmode Final act using farm gear and full Valor stack. It's not that I didn't get drops. I got drops all over the place. They were just comparable to gear I was getting at level 10.

post #63 of 76

Looks like barbarian is getting nerfed pretty hard in the latest patch

 

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578594951#2

 

well at least now we can put broken items in the auction house, was finding it annoying having to repair everything beforehand.

post #64 of 76
I wonder if they fixed the broken legendary items... I'd love that.
post #65 of 76

Even better news!  It seems blizzard is planning on changing the way inferno item drops work so that you aren't forced to exclusively play act 4 to get the best gear.

 

Tentative changes for 1.03 are now listed on the diablo 3 blog.

 

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

post #66 of 76

oh and apparently they're going to fix the item stat bugs that Glitched is talking about.  Good times!

post #67 of 76

They're fixing the ridiculous crafting costs. Hell yes. Hype. 

post #68 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippie View Post

oh and apparently they're going to fix the item stat bugs that Glitched is talking about.  Good times!

Heard about that too. I'm going to buy up a bunch of these broken items before the patch. Though, I also heard rumors about blizzard nerfing the IAS stat because a lot of people that submitted feedback felt that IAS was too important to giveup when buying armor.
post #69 of 76

They talk about that in the link. From what it sounds like they're considering just reducing the IAS stat on a lot of higher end armor so you don't get as much from your armor, thus making it less important.

 

Kinda dumb, IMO. They should reduce effectiveness over a certain %.

 

EDIT: Or just have stat caps like WoW. cap IAS and then worry about other stats.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Heard about that too. I'm going to buy up a bunch of these broken items before the patch. Though, I also heard rumors about blizzard nerfing the IAS stat because a lot of people that submitted feedback felt that IAS was too important to giveup when buying armor.
post #70 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

They talk about that in the link. From what it sounds like they're considering just reducing the IAS stat on a lot of higher end armor so you don't get as much from your armor, thus making it less important.

Kinda dumb, IMO. They should reduce effectiveness over a certain %.

EDIT: Or just have stat caps like WoW. cap IAS and then worry about other stats.

I think capping the IAS stat would be best... Though for DH that would screw over a lot of people using 1h bows. The whole point is that 1h bows are faster. At the moment my attack speed is 3.64 shots per second and my friend has 4.10 shots per second.
Just my xbow gives me a nice 2.0 shots per second by itself, then add in an amulet, quiver, 2 rings, gloves and my beckon sail (legendary chest piece). If the helmets, boots, pants and bracers were working I'd get those too.
post #71 of 76

Capping IAS or having diminishing returns after some point is probably a good idea if they do intend to not want everyone stacking it.  Unfortunately, having high attack speed is the only way a Witch Doctor can overcome their long casting animations rooting them in place so that they can kite, which might be a huge blow. 

post #72 of 76

If anybody wants to play add me on real ID. I'm currently a level 57 DH
Real id: Joshrubio94@yahoo.com

post #73 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post

Capping IAS or having diminishing returns after some point is probably a good idea if they do intend to not want everyone stacking it.  Unfortunately, having high attack speed is the only way a Witch Doctor can overcome their long casting animations rooting them in place so that they can kite, which might be a huge blow. 

 

Not just Witch Doctors, all ranged got hurt pretty bad.

post #74 of 76

Finally cleared inferno with my solo DH...

post #75 of 76

It seems like they're finally on the right track now with the new patches.  I'm actually really looking forward to 1.05 and the new bosses/difficulty systems.  Ever since 1.04 came out with the new legendaries Inferno has just been a breeze, hopefully now there'll actually be something tough so we can put our gear to use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Diablo III Character Poll