Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Diablo III Character Poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III Character Poll - Page 4

Poll Results: Which Diablo III Character will you play first?

 
  • 18% (12)
    Barbarian
  • 27% (18)
    Demon Hunter
  • 18% (12)
    Monk
  • 13% (9)
    Witch Doctor
  • 21% (14)
    Wizard
65 Total Votes  
post #46 of 76
yes, noscript is definitely your friend when it comes to protecting yourself against that type of hacktivity. For those that are unfamiliar with it, noscript is a firefox plugin that disables all javascript by default and forces the user to whitelist (approve) sites before scripts can load. While not D3 specific, 99% of these hacking and phishing attempts can be blocked using a simple script blocker (I know theres an equivalent for chrome as well, but can't remember what it was called).

Noscript plugin for Firefox
post #47 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippie View Post

yes, noscript is definitely your friend when it comes to protecting yourself against that type of hacktivity. For those that are unfamiliar with it, noscript is a firefox plugin that disables all javascript by default and forces the user to whitelist (approve) sites before scripts can load. While not D3 specific, 99% of these hacking and phishing attempts can be blocked using a simple script blocker (I know theres an equivalent for chrome as well, but can't remember what it was called).
Noscript plugin for Firefox

Options > content > enable javascript uncheck
post #48 of 76

i like the looks of the witch doctor's fighting style. characters with straight forward gameplay never catches my interest.

post #49 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

Options > content > enable javascript uncheck

That would work too biggrin.gif

Back to diablo 3 however, my DH is level 60 and up to inferno act 1, and even with 38k life its still insanely difficult, except instead of getting 1 shotted I get 2 shotted lol. Thankfully though now that the AH is back up (sorta) I'll be able to gear up again, as money is rather easy to grind at the inferno level (mobs often drop 700-900 gold stacks near the start of the game). If anyone is up for it, my battletag is evilhippie#1620 .
post #50 of 76
So I got to level 57 as a DH...
I also found out something that blizzard did so disgusting...
People are calling them unfinished items.
It's an item which has a stat that is not added while using the item. It affects mainly set and legendary items because the rares and magic items have completely random stats while set and legend pieces usually have preset stats.
I found this out yesterday when I bough a pair of asheara's locks which add 15% attack speed. Though, I noticed that with the boots on, my damage went down even if it had similar dexterity to my current boots (10 less) but added attack speed.
I put them on anyway and noticed my attack speed did not increase (for anyone wondering I've reached 3.24 attacks per second with no buffs). I thought at first that 3.24 shots per second was the maximum attack speed because it didn't change with or without the boots, which add 15%. I talk to my friend told me to try unequiping another attack speed piece while the boots are equipped. I took off my beckon sail (chest piece for DH that is just amazing, has dex, vit and attack speed) and my shots per second dropped to 3.00. The beckon sail only has +13% attack speed so evidently it's the boots that did not give stats.
I managed to resell the boots for a profit but now I'm paranoid everytime I buy a legendary or set armor piece.
post #51 of 76
Patches will fix it eventually. You've made some progress lately. I'll be playing awhile today too. Day off and ordered 'back rest' so what else is a poor boy to do.
post #52 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Patches will fix it eventually. You've made some progress lately. I'll be playing awhile today too. Day off and ordered 'back rest' so what else is a poor boy to do.

Mhmm.
I'm able to solo quite a bit more xD
post #53 of 76

Man I thought Monks had it tough but I saw a guy today just make it work. He rolled over Belial on Hell no problem. Not sure what he was doing but I can't even kill friggin' groups of enemies on mine on Hell.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Mhmm.
I'm able to solo quite a bit more xD
post #54 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Man I thought Monks had it tough but I saw a guy today just make it work. He rolled over Belial on Hell no problem. Not sure what he was doing but I can't even kill friggin' groups of enemies on mine on Hell.


Maybe he bought a ton of D3 gold and got insane equips...
Even without buying gold I could still solo belial if I do it right. It's just a lot of vaulting.
post #55 of 76

Finally I've got into inferno mode with my DH, pairing with enchantress all the way...

 

Btw I hate Belial > <"

post #56 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

Finally I've got into inferno mode with my DH, pairing with enchantress all the way...

Btw I hate Belial > <"

Wow, good job. The enchantress is so useless imo... As a DH I prefer the templar because he can just suck up a bunch of hits.
post #57 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

Finally I've got into inferno mode with my DH, pairing with enchantress all the way...

Btw I hate Belial > <"

Grats! Now the real challenge begins.

I found the difficulty ramps up quickly in inferno mode... at first you may think theres even a chance to solo it, but somewhere around the 2nd questline of act 1 that delusion begins to fall apart mad.gif I'm a demon hunter as well, however.

Recently I've been having fun rolling a wizard too, even at level 15 its just pure destruction lol.
post #58 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Wow, good job. The enchantress is so useless imo... As a DH I prefer the templar because he can just suck up a bunch of hits.


yup I know templar would be better matching, just like to look at her lol = =

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippie View Post


Grats! Now the real challenge begins.
I found the difficulty ramps up quickly in inferno mode... at first you may think theres even a chance to solo it, but somewhere around the 2nd questline of act 1 that delusion begins to fall apart mad.gif I'm a demon hunter as well, however.
Recently I've been having fun rolling a wizard too, even at level 15 its just pure destruction lol.

 

well I'm very used in getting 1-hit-killed since late nightmare haha..

 

Update: Just finished act1...


Edited by kn19h7 - 6/4/12 at 9:57am
post #59 of 76
Thread Starter 

Finished A4 Normal and started A1 Nightmare with my level 34 Monk...just wow! Way tougher than Normal. I was getting one-shotted in the Cathedral, Level 2. Made a trip to the AH and geared up for more DPS/HP. It's going a little better now, but I still may go back and cruise through A3 and A4 Normal to level up and farm some more gold for the upgrades to come.
 

post #60 of 76

I was able to solo Inferno act 1 with my Witch Doctor without too much difficulty, and I've improved my gear quite a bit from farming the last part of the act through killing Butcher.  Haven't made that jump into act 2 yet since everyone states that the difficulty jumps up significantly, but I'll give it a go sometime this week.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Diablo III Character Poll