Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA?

post #1 of 99
Thread Starter 

So dose anyone know what happened too it? I was looking forward too trying them out:(

 

http://www.aiaiai.dk/blog/the-tma-1-studio-sneak-preview

post #2 of 99

Release date is June, so not long to wait now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9289808&l=85af3a9968&id=233434024157


Edited by alchemical - 5/9/12 at 4:53pm
post #3 of 99
Thread Starter 

do you know if its going too be a new headphone or the regular tma1 with some new ear pads?

post #4 of 99

New headphone with a more balanced sound signature apparently.

post #5 of 99
Thread Starter 

ok thanks, I will have too give them a try :)

post #6 of 99

Just saw this:

 

http://www.jr.com/aiaiai/pe/II_TMA1_SL_STUDIO/

 

They are coming out soon.  Pre-orders here.

post #7 of 99
Thread Starter 

I saw that, I live only about a hour away from j&r and when it comes out I was going too go in and audition them or pick them up.

post #8 of 99

I work in the city so when they come out I am going to head over and check them out as well.

post #9 of 99

I want to upgrade from my koss porta pros and Klipsch Image S4. I listen mostly to harmony groups (The Brothers Four, The Three Irish Tenors, Peter Paul & Mary, etc.) and choral groups (Chanticleer, The King's Singers, Libera, etc.). My choice for now is the popular ATH-M50, until I read on the Aiaiai TMA-1 and thought I'd try something new (newly into headphones, new model). For my music genre, which would be better to listen with, the Aiaiai TMA-1 DJ or the Aiaiai TMA Studio? I know the TMA Studio hasn't been released, much less reviewed, so what I am asking is: are the general characteristics of a "DJ" headphone good for the music I listen to or is a "studio" headphone what I need ?

post #10 of 99

I just bought a pair of these in Best Buy tonight. The "Studio" version is circumnaural and cost $249.99. They come with only a single cable which resembles the original TMA-1 partially coiled partially straight cable. They come with the same travel bag as the TMA-1s and with 2 sets of earpads. (One set is a very elastic memory foam which emits a pretty strong odor but I imagine will go away just like memory foam pillows. The other set is pleather on top of foam.) The headband pad is the same memory foam material as the earpads. I'm not sure if this is the same material as the headband pad on the regular TMA-1s because I've never encountered those in person. (I actually was looking for those when I stumbled across the TMA-1 Studios)

 

I can't speak for the difference in sound between the TMA-1 regular and studio as I've never heard the originals. The box itself does state "The driver has been altered for a sound, which is flatter, more neutral, and thus especially suitable for mixing on the laptop or in the studio...)

post #11 of 99
Thread Starter 

I have no idea that best buy had tma1s till now, were was the best buy you picked it up at?
 

post #12 of 99

Our rev will be up soon (: But, these are exactly the same as the originals except for larger ear pads not cups and "tuned drivers".


Edited by SchneiderStudios - 6/4/12 at 12:36am
post #13 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phifer View Post

I just bought a pair of these in Best Buy tonight. The "Studio" version is circumnaural and cost $249.99. They come with only a single cable which resembles the original TMA-1 partially coiled partially straight cable. They come with the same travel bag as the TMA-1s and with 2 sets of earpads. (One set is a very elastic memory foam which emits a pretty strong odor but I imagine will go away just like memory foam pillows. The other set is pleather on top of foam.) The headband pad is the same memory foam material as the earpads. I'm not sure if this is the same material as the headband pad on the regular TMA-1s because I've never encountered those in person. (I actually was looking for those when I stumbled across the TMA-1 Studios)

 

I can't speak for the difference in sound between the TMA-1 regular and studio as I've never heard the originals. The box itself does state "The driver has been altered for a sound, which is flatter, more neutral, and thus especially suitable for mixing on the laptop or in the studio...)

 

How? They aren't out yet.. They're only being released mid june

post #14 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC BOOM View Post

I have no idea that best buy had tma1s till now, were was the best buy you picked it up at?
 

 

 

Florida

post #15 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

 

How? They aren't out yet.. They're only being released mid june

 

They were sitting right there on the sales floor. Have been for well over a week which was why I thought they were the regular supraaural version until I saw them again.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA?