Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06 - Page 10

post #136 of 397
By the way...
 
Before I leave this place I wanna grab another pair just incase....so should I buy the GR02's again (maybe the standard edition this time???) or get the GR99's?

Edited by ReDDs3D - 10/1/12 at 5:14am
post #137 of 397

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-256-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-20-r-30-added-09-29-12/7905 Well, I described the meelec bi-flange tips here but the pic isn't very clear. You can go for the gr02 again but if you have the extra money and don't mind over-the-ear iems then I recommend the gr04 flagship edition.

post #138 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-256-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-20-r-30-added-09-29-12/7905 Well, I described the meelec bi-flange tips here but the pic isn't very clear. You can go for the gr02 again but if you have the extra money and don't mind over-the-ear iems then I recommend the gr04 flagship edition.

I actually have just the right amount for the GR04 and I was even thinking of getting a pair...but I just don't know about them that much....they aren't mentioned in these forums as much as the R02's, GR06's or GR07's...

 

However, I can have them delivered to the place I'm staying at in Shanghai for what maybe $31 USD....the price alone seems tempting blink.gif


Edited by ReDDs3D - 10/1/12 at 6:22am
post #139 of 397

Well, the gr04 flagship didn't reaally get popular here probably because of the version and naming confusion. Originally its price was close to that of the gr07 and a lot of people just jumped on the gr07.  Also, a lot of people were confused about the naming and assumed the gr06 is better because it is a higher number closer to the gr07. Add to that a couple of different versions of the gr04 and people not being sure, which one they're buying and you get my point. But as vsonic are discontinuing it the price fell and it really became a good deal. I liked it a lot more than the gr02 and the gr06. It is slightly mid-forward and behind on the extension compared to my gr07 but I still like it a lot.  One think you can use to tell the flagship apart from the other versions is that it has 50ohms impedance. I got mine from lendmeurears, so that I can be sure it's the flagship. I don't know the local sellers in Asia but if you are sure you are getting the flagship version then it's an awesome deal but even for 50 bucks it's an awesome deal.

post #140 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, the gr04 flagship didn't reaally get popular here probably because of the version and naming confusion. Originally its price was close to that of the gr07 and a lot of people just jumped on the gr07.  Also, a lot of people were confused about the naming and assumed the gr06 is better because it is a higher number closer to the gr07. Add to that a couple of different versions of the gr04 and people not being sure, which one they're buying and you get my point. But as vsonic are discontinuing it the price fell and it really became a good deal. I liked it a lot more than the gr02 and the gr06. It is slightly mid-forward and behind on the extension compared to my gr07 but I still like it a lot.  One think you can use to tell the flagship apart from the other versions is that it has 50ohms impedance. I got mine from lendmeurears, so that I can be sure it's the flagship. I don't know the local sellers in Asia but if you are sure you are getting the flagship version then it's an awesome deal but even for 50 bucks it's an awesome deal.

Ahhhh yes, on taobao only the "luxury" edition is 199RMB (~30USD) but the Classic Flagship is 339 RMB (~55USD)

 

Haha it was too good to be true :P

But compared to the GR06, which is better?

post #141 of 397

For me the gr04 is the better one - tighter and more controlled bass and slighly less forward and not as warm mids.

post #142 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

For me the gr04 is the better one - tighter and more controlled bass and slighly less forward and not as warm mids.

Ok. Yeah, I like slightly bit emphasized tight-ish bass, my major requirement in iEM's :P

 

Uh, does it require an amp? I don't have one at the moment, but I was thinking of buying maybe a Fiio E6 (suits my price range)

post #143 of 397

Well, it depends on your source. I don't have an e6 now but it pairs pretty good with my e11 but I guess an e6 should be fine

post #144 of 397

who did you buy yours from?

post #145 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCsPiTTa View Post

 

Yeah, I wish mine had come with more than the 3 tip pairs. Maybe I'll buy another pair with more accessories, or try to find some tips separately. I realise tips make a big difference, though there is obviously a large degree of subjectivity in what sounds better.
 

who did you buy yours from?

post #146 of 397
post #147 of 397

Ordered a pair of the GR02 Bass from lendmeurears. Shipping is from their US warehouse and it comes with 14 different tips.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/221132600837?item=221132600837&ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

post #148 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I would say that it is probably safer for people, who don't know what they want from the sound of their headphones, to go for something warmer and smoother. 

 

 

Oh, for crying out loud, why didn't anyone mention that before? .___________.

post #149 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, the gr04 flagship didn't reaally get popular here probably because of the version and naming confusion. Originally its price was close to that of the gr07 and a lot of people just jumped on the gr07.  Also, a lot of people were confused about the naming and assumed the gr06 is better because it is a higher number closer to the gr07. Add to that a couple of different versions of the gr04 and people not being sure, which one they're buying and you get my point. But as vsonic are discontinuing it the price fell and it really became a good deal. I liked it a lot more than the gr02 and the gr06. It is slightly mid-forward and behind on the extension compared to my gr07 but I still like it a lot.  One think you can use to tell the flagship apart from the other versions is that it has 50ohms impedance. I got mine from lendmeurears, so that I can be sure it's the flagship. I don't know the local sellers in Asia but if you are sure you are getting the flagship version then it's an awesome deal but even for 50 bucks it's an awesome deal.

Totally agree! It's a shame GR04 flagship aren't popular as GR06.

post #150 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Yeah, the bass edition doesn't have a serial number.

@MyCsPiTTa    

They are a legit Gr02 for sure - there aren't any fakes of it as far as I know. 

Just got my pair from a friend who picked them up at the display space rented by lendmeurears in Singapore. The box has 16-digit code on a scratch-off sticker.

 

I scratched off the sticker and went to http://www.yesno.com.cn/Customer/fac9107/Auth.asp via the second in the topmost row of links at http://vsonic.com/

Entered the 16-digit code and the captcha code and got the message "感谢您购买 威索尼可电子(深圳)有限公司的正宗产品。" which means "Thank you for buying an authentic product from VSONIC (Shenzhen)".

 

There were two packs of ear tips supplied, in addition of the 6 visible from the front of the packaging and the two double-flange ones pre-installed. Had a bit of driver flex... so over to Comply foam tips. normal_smile%20.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06