Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Meze Headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meze Headphones? - Page 9  

post #121 of 133

For pure style these are quite nice.  Would certainly make the beats crowd look a bit proletarian.  Price is a bit steep for me... at least for a fashion statement.  Still won't hurt to bookmark their site. 

post #122 of 133

Really bummed that I'm having to wait well over a month to actually be able to listen to these (first set was faulty).

 

Antonio at Meze, however, has been great. Bonus points to them for great customer support. 

 

Will update you guys with my thoughts on the cans, as soon as I get them in.


Edited by HawaiiR - 8/28/12 at 2:52am
post #123 of 133

Thanks for the info mine rattle in the right ear. I got them from touch of modern too. I will call meze today to fix the problem. Did you send the old ones back? Frustrating but the sound is superb!

post #124 of 133

I just got correspondence from Meze this morning. Yes, they asked me to send the defected ones some address in GA. 

I'm going to see if Modern Touch will cover the shipping since they've already overcharged me on shipping for a defective product. 

 

I'm hoping the replacement set impress me. From what I could hear on the earphone that worked, I wasn't too thrilled. But it was a broken set, so who knows. 

 

Anyway, you can contact Antonio here: ameze@mezeheadphones.com

He's very helpful and quite prompt. 

 

Odd that two headphones from Touch of Modern would have similar problems. 
Can you please keep us posted on your response from ToM and Meze?

post #125 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyzus View Post

Thanks for the info mine rattle in the right ear. I got them from touch of modern too. I will call meze today to fix the problem. Did you send the old ones back? Frustrating but the sound is superb!

@Heyzus, In the same post you say the sound is superb and that the right ear rattles. Sounds like a contradiction? In what situation do they rattle?

 

I bought 55's, They are great! 

post #126 of 133

I just posted this on the Meze Headphones Facebook page, so now I bring it to you:

 

I recently bought a pair of the 88 Classics through TouchOfModern, and honestly I had no idea what to expect.

I use them with a Schiit Bifrost DAC and Schiit Asgard headphone amp which I share with my HE-500s. I must say, I am quite blown away with how amazing the the 88 Classics perform! Their overall sound stage is clearly defined, and there’s no muddiness present whatsoever. I’m hearing nuances my HE-500s weren’t producing. To really put them to the test, I played back some burn-in and acoustic reference CDs, and these cans did not disappoint! At all!

Congratulations to developing these extremely comfortable, gorgeous, sick-sounding cans. I’ve never been so pleasantly surprised. Continue to tweak and improve on future headphones! I’ll be sure to check them out. :D

post #127 of 133

Sorry for the mix up I should have been more detailed in my post. If you put your hand and press on the cup lightly it goes away. I think it is an assembly error not a sound issue. Read the post after mine, that review is more qualified with the equipment used to test these headphones. I do enjoy them very much. 

post #128 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by james cohelo View Post

@Heyzus, In the same post you say the sound is superb and that the right ear rattles. Sounds like a contradiction? In what situation do they rattle?

 

I bought 55's, They are great! 

Sorry for the mix up I should have been more detailed in my post. If you put your hand and press on the cup lightly it goes away. I think it is an assembly error not a sound issue. Read the post after mine, that review is more qualified with the equipment used to test these headphones. I do enjoy them very much. 

post #129 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiR View Post

I just got correspondence from Meze this morning. Yes, they asked me to send the defected ones some address in GA. 

I'm going to see if Modern Touch will cover the shipping since they've already overcharged me on shipping for a defective product. 

 

I'm hoping the replacement set impress me. From what I could hear on the earphone that worked, I wasn't too thrilled. But it was a broken set, so who knows. 

 

Anyway, you can contact Antonio here: ameze@mezeheadphones.com

He's very helpful and quite prompt. 

 

Odd that two headphones from Touch of Modern would have similar problems. 
Can you please keep us posted on your response from ToM and Meze?

My issue is a bit different I have a rattle in the right ear that goes away with a light push on the cup. I am thinking maybe an assembly error. Not sure but will see what they say... Thanks

post #130 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyzus View Post

My issue is a bit different I have a rattle in the right ear that goes away with a light push on the cup. I am thinking maybe an assembly error. Not sure but will see what they say... Thanks

Hey so I just got my replacement pair in, and to my luck these have problems, too. I think this time it resembles yours. 

It's really soft on the left side (where the cord attaches) with a really light rattle - however, when I push it in, the problem goes away. There's also a clicking sound when I push it in. Are you hearing this, too?

 

Emailed Antonio and and now have to wait for (hopefully) a third pair. 

 

triportsad.gif

post #131 of 133

Hey guys, latest update! 

Finally got my third pair of headphones in and they sound great!

Meze customer service is absolutely great! Personable, quick to respond, and eager to please. I see good things in the future for these guys if they keep up their work.

post #132 of 133
post #133 of 133

So I sent an email to Meze asking who was the original manufacturer, since ESMOOTH also sold identical wooden headphones. And this is the response I got:

 

Quote:
Hi Greg, Which model are you interested in?
No, they are not identical to Esmooth. Esmooth's version is lower quality on all levels. From construction materials to sound.
Best,
Antonio M

 

Tbh from the pictures, both Meze and Esmooth look identical. Even the model numbers are identical. Is this an instance of shameless salespitching to get me to buy their headphones or should I believe him?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Meze Headphones?