- 20 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemAKG K 550
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 - LIKE NEW IN BOX Last post on 5/21/13 at 10:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG K550, Sony MDR-XB500 Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:24pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG K550 Last post on 5/20/13 at 8:12pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- F/S Sony MDR-1R, AKG K550, Focal Spirit One Last post on 5/16/13 at 1:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG K550 Issue. Last post on 5/12/13 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents.
Get the AKG K550.
What headphone amp or equivalent are you using to drive your headphones? The choice of headphone to get is highly dependent on the ability of your existing headphone driver to actually do justice to the headphone and deliver the goods.
Amping yes, but a good dac makes the world of difference with it, not that it will sound bad, but with a good dac the D2k sounds great.
from what I read the K550 is more suited to your music preferences, the D2k is known for its bass, which IMO is there when you need it and not otherwise, unlike what i read about the D1100.
I don't own the K550 so I cant comment on the amping, but I have owned and loved my D2000 for 2 years, and will answer any questions you may have. Just be warned if you with to upgrade your amp with it, make sure it has a really low impedance output, because if it doesnt then the bass gets emphasized and muddied and the highs become too much.
Just got the E10 so no upgrade for now ;)
Ahhhhh !!! If only I could buy both of them !!! The AKG at work and the Denon at home. That would be so perfect !!! Anybody can give me some money ;)
I think both headphones are really great. Maybe I should go with the better isolation... I will mostly use them at work so...
I want to hear the bass like it's supposed to be heared. I want the better sound reproduction possible for the price.
Refer to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Edited by horizon21 - 5/9/12 at 7:36am
Oups did not see the link. Thanks for that. Really interesting and simple.
But now that I spent a lot of time searching for what could be the next upgrade, I think I will sell my D1100 and go for Denon or AKG.
But I think I could try the mod, just for fun :)
The Denon is a safe buy, it's recommended often for a reason, but it is bass heavy, not very but it is there. I doubt it will be a problem.
Oh and the cable could last a world war, it's very office chair proof
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
- Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
- › The DAP we want from iriver. 15 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 16 seconds ago
- › New Oppo BDP-103 & 105 previewed at Cedia 1 minute ago
- › Questions about cables for computer Hi-Fi system 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › SRM-717 Re-Cap 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Confusion 4 minutes ago
- › **NEW** Shure SE846 - Preorder NOW - Available June 2013 - $999 USD 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe