- 20 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550-Z on sale for $129.95 (Factory Reconditioned) Last post on Yesterday at 3:02 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need cable reccomendation for AKG K550 Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ITunes v dBpoweramp ALAC sound quality Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:01am in Computer Audio
- Best headphones in my budget? Last post on 2/19/14 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !post #1 of 325/8/12 at 5:42pmThread StarterHello everyone!I need some help to choose between the Denon D2000 and AKG K550. I read a ton of stuff about them and it only makes the decision even more difficult.Here is some details that could help. I had Grados SR60 that I loved but I had to let them go due to lack of isolation. I now have Denon D1100 but I'm tired of all this bass. I am looking for a detailed, realistic and natural sound. I listen to a lot of rock, folk, indie rock, folk rock and indie pop.Please help me!! Thanksssss ;)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 325/8/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by philippea
Hello everyone!I need some help to choose between the Denon D2000 and AKG K550. I read a ton of stuff about them and it only makes the decision even more difficult.Here is some details that could help. I had Grados SR60 that I loved but I had to let them go due to lack of isolation. I now have Denon D1100 but I'm tired of all this bass. I am looking for a detailed, realistic and natural sound. I listen to a lot of rock, folk, indie rock, folk rock and indie pop.Please help me!! Thanksssss ;)
My two cents.
Get the AKG K550.post #3 of 325/8/12 at 6:12pmpost #4 of 325/8/12 at 6:23pmpost #5 of 325/8/12 at 6:32pmpost #6 of 325/9/12 at 4:56amThread Starterpost #7 of 325/9/12 at 5:18amQuote:
What headphone amp or equivalent are you using to drive your headphones? The choice of headphone to get is highly dependent on the ability of your existing headphone driver to actually do justice to the headphone and deliver the goods.post #8 of 325/9/12 at 5:22amThread Starterpost #9 of 325/9/12 at 6:12ampost #10 of 325/9/12 at 6:41amQuote:
Amping yes, but a good dac makes the world of difference with it, not that it will sound bad, but with a good dac the D2k sounds great.
from what I read the K550 is more suited to your music preferences, the D2k is known for its bass, which IMO is there when you need it and not otherwise, unlike what i read about the D1100.
I don't own the K550 so I cant comment on the amping, but I have owned and loved my D2000 for 2 years, and will answer any questions you may have. Just be warned if you with to upgrade your amp with it, make sure it has a really low impedance output, because if it doesnt then the bass gets emphasized and muddied and the highs become too much.post #11 of 325/9/12 at 7:14amThread Starter
Just got the E10 so no upgrade for now ;)
Ahhhhh !!! If only I could buy both of them !!! The AKG at work and the Denon at home. That would be so perfect !!! Anybody can give me some money ;)
I think both headphones are really great. Maybe I should go with the better isolation... I will mostly use them at work so...
I want to hear the bass like it's supposed to be heared. I want the better sound reproduction possible for the price.post #12 of 325/9/12 at 7:33amBefore shedding more cash, would you like to try a simple mod for bass reduction?
Refer to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Edited by horizon21 - 5/9/12 at 7:36ampost #13 of 325/9/12 at 7:36amThread Starterpost #14 of 325/9/12 at 8:12amThread Starter
Oups did not see the link. Thanks for that. Really interesting and simple.
But now that I spent a lot of time searching for what could be the next upgrade, I think I will sell my D1100 and go for Denon or AKG.
But I think I could try the mod, just for fun :)post #15 of 325/9/12 at 10:51amQuote:
The Denon is a safe buy, it's recommended often for a reason, but it is bass heavy, not very but it is there. I doubt it will be a problem.
Oh and the cable could last a world war, it's very office chair proof
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
- Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › $189 ALO Audio The Key USB DAC - 32-Bit / 384KHz with PCM5102A 2 minutes ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Jeans Cable - XLR and Digital Coax Cables 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 4 minutes ago
- › Is Analog out or Digital Out better? 4 minutes ago
- › Need cable reccomendation for AKG K550 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude