- 20 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ITunes v dBpoweramp ALAC sound quality Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:01am in Computer Audio
- Best headphones in my budget? Last post on 2/19/14 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for an experienced. Akg K550, DT990 pro or HD5X8? Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Headphone For Critical Listening? Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !post #1 of 325/8/12 at 5:42pmThread StarterHello everyone!I need some help to choose between the Denon D2000 and AKG K550. I read a ton of stuff about them and it only makes the decision even more difficult.Here is some details that could help. I had Grados SR60 that I loved but I had to let them go due to lack of isolation. I now have Denon D1100 but I'm tired of all this bass. I am looking for a detailed, realistic and natural sound. I listen to a lot of rock, folk, indie rock, folk rock and indie pop.Please help me!! Thanksssss ;)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 325/8/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by philippea
Hello everyone!I need some help to choose between the Denon D2000 and AKG K550. I read a ton of stuff about them and it only makes the decision even more difficult.Here is some details that could help. I had Grados SR60 that I loved but I had to let them go due to lack of isolation. I now have Denon D1100 but I'm tired of all this bass. I am looking for a detailed, realistic and natural sound. I listen to a lot of rock, folk, indie rock, folk rock and indie pop.Please help me!! Thanksssss ;)
My two cents.
Get the AKG K550.post #3 of 325/8/12 at 6:12pmpost #4 of 325/8/12 at 6:23pmpost #5 of 325/8/12 at 6:32pmpost #6 of 325/9/12 at 4:56amThread Starterpost #7 of 325/9/12 at 5:18amQuote:
What headphone amp or equivalent are you using to drive your headphones? The choice of headphone to get is highly dependent on the ability of your existing headphone driver to actually do justice to the headphone and deliver the goods.post #8 of 325/9/12 at 5:22amThread Starterpost #9 of 325/9/12 at 6:12ampost #10 of 325/9/12 at 6:41amQuote:
Amping yes, but a good dac makes the world of difference with it, not that it will sound bad, but with a good dac the D2k sounds great.
from what I read the K550 is more suited to your music preferences, the D2k is known for its bass, which IMO is there when you need it and not otherwise, unlike what i read about the D1100.
I don't own the K550 so I cant comment on the amping, but I have owned and loved my D2000 for 2 years, and will answer any questions you may have. Just be warned if you with to upgrade your amp with it, make sure it has a really low impedance output, because if it doesnt then the bass gets emphasized and muddied and the highs become too much.post #11 of 325/9/12 at 7:14amThread Starter
Just got the E10 so no upgrade for now ;)
Ahhhhh !!! If only I could buy both of them !!! The AKG at work and the Denon at home. That would be so perfect !!! Anybody can give me some money ;)
I think both headphones are really great. Maybe I should go with the better isolation... I will mostly use them at work so...
I want to hear the bass like it's supposed to be heared. I want the better sound reproduction possible for the price.post #12 of 325/9/12 at 7:33amBefore shedding more cash, would you like to try a simple mod for bass reduction?
Refer to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Edited by horizon21 - 5/9/12 at 7:36ampost #13 of 325/9/12 at 7:36amThread Starterpost #14 of 325/9/12 at 8:12amThread Starter
Oups did not see the link. Thanks for that. Really interesting and simple.
But now that I spent a lot of time searching for what could be the next upgrade, I think I will sell my D1100 and go for Denon or AKG.
But I think I could try the mod, just for fun :)post #15 of 325/9/12 at 10:51amQuote:
The Denon is a safe buy, it's recommended often for a reason, but it is bass heavy, not very but it is there. I doubt it will be a problem.
Oh and the cable could last a world war, it's very office chair proof
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
- Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 13 seconds ago
- › IBasso DX50 vs Fiio X3 comparison thread 1 minute ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 1 minute ago
- › Summit-fi unamped? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › Cowon X9 [Price Drop] 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude