- 20 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- K550 Question! Last post on 7/1/14 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- JDS O2 + ODAC with my AKG K550 Last post on 6/25/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 vs. AKG K550 Last post on 6/27/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Experience to be shared with 104 full-size, portable headphones and in-ears I have been using.... Last post on 6/18/14 at 5:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents.
Get the AKG K550.
What headphone amp or equivalent are you using to drive your headphones? The choice of headphone to get is highly dependent on the ability of your existing headphone driver to actually do justice to the headphone and deliver the goods.
Amping yes, but a good dac makes the world of difference with it, not that it will sound bad, but with a good dac the D2k sounds great.
from what I read the K550 is more suited to your music preferences, the D2k is known for its bass, which IMO is there when you need it and not otherwise, unlike what i read about the D1100.
I don't own the K550 so I cant comment on the amping, but I have owned and loved my D2000 for 2 years, and will answer any questions you may have. Just be warned if you with to upgrade your amp with it, make sure it has a really low impedance output, because if it doesnt then the bass gets emphasized and muddied and the highs become too much.
Just got the E10 so no upgrade for now ;)
Ahhhhh !!! If only I could buy both of them !!! The AKG at work and the Denon at home. That would be so perfect !!! Anybody can give me some money ;)
I think both headphones are really great. Maybe I should go with the better isolation... I will mostly use them at work so...
I want to hear the bass like it's supposed to be heared. I want the better sound reproduction possible for the price.
Refer to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Edited by horizon21 - 5/9/12 at 7:36am
Oups did not see the link. Thanks for that. Really interesting and simple.
But now that I spent a lot of time searching for what could be the next upgrade, I think I will sell my D1100 and go for Denon or AKG.
But I think I could try the mod, just for fun :)
The Denon is a safe buy, it's recommended often for a reason, but it is bass heavy, not very but it is there. I doubt it will be a problem.
Oh and the cable could last a world war, it's very office chair proof
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
- Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › A program to detect bit-depth and sample rate 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › ASIO superior? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)