- 20 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- did i make the right choice? i hope i did...let me know and what you think Last post on 12/7/13 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best solution for me? Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a cheap headphone amp for turntable setup Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recommended set-up (looking for rca output to headphones) Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:50am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with a beginner turntable set-up Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:50pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !post #1 of 325/8/12 at 5:42pmThread StarterHello everyone!I need some help to choose between the Denon D2000 and AKG K550. I read a ton of stuff about them and it only makes the decision even more difficult.Here is some details that could help. I had Grados SR60 that I loved but I had to let them go due to lack of isolation. I now have Denon D1100 but I'm tired of all this bass. I am looking for a detailed, realistic and natural sound. I listen to a lot of rock, folk, indie rock, folk rock and indie pop.Please help me!! Thanksssss ;)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 325/8/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by philippea
Hello everyone!I need some help to choose between the Denon D2000 and AKG K550. I read a ton of stuff about them and it only makes the decision even more difficult.Here is some details that could help. I had Grados SR60 that I loved but I had to let them go due to lack of isolation. I now have Denon D1100 but I'm tired of all this bass. I am looking for a detailed, realistic and natural sound. I listen to a lot of rock, folk, indie rock, folk rock and indie pop.Please help me!! Thanksssss ;)
My two cents.
Get the AKG K550.post #3 of 325/8/12 at 6:12pmpost #4 of 325/8/12 at 6:23pmpost #5 of 325/8/12 at 6:32pmpost #6 of 325/9/12 at 4:56amThread Starterpost #7 of 325/9/12 at 5:18amQuote:
What headphone amp or equivalent are you using to drive your headphones? The choice of headphone to get is highly dependent on the ability of your existing headphone driver to actually do justice to the headphone and deliver the goods.post #8 of 325/9/12 at 5:22amThread Starterpost #9 of 325/9/12 at 6:12ampost #10 of 325/9/12 at 6:41amQuote:
Amping yes, but a good dac makes the world of difference with it, not that it will sound bad, but with a good dac the D2k sounds great.
from what I read the K550 is more suited to your music preferences, the D2k is known for its bass, which IMO is there when you need it and not otherwise, unlike what i read about the D1100.
I don't own the K550 so I cant comment on the amping, but I have owned and loved my D2000 for 2 years, and will answer any questions you may have. Just be warned if you with to upgrade your amp with it, make sure it has a really low impedance output, because if it doesnt then the bass gets emphasized and muddied and the highs become too much.post #11 of 325/9/12 at 7:14amThread Starter
Just got the E10 so no upgrade for now ;)
Ahhhhh !!! If only I could buy both of them !!! The AKG at work and the Denon at home. That would be so perfect !!! Anybody can give me some money ;)
I think both headphones are really great. Maybe I should go with the better isolation... I will mostly use them at work so...
I want to hear the bass like it's supposed to be heared. I want the better sound reproduction possible for the price.post #12 of 325/9/12 at 7:33amBefore shedding more cash, would you like to try a simple mod for bass reduction?
Refer to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Edited by horizon21 - 5/9/12 at 7:36ampost #13 of 325/9/12 at 7:36amThread Starterpost #14 of 325/9/12 at 8:12amThread Starter
Oups did not see the link. Thanks for that. Really interesting and simple.
But now that I spent a lot of time searching for what could be the next upgrade, I think I will sell my D1100 and go for Denon or AKG.
But I think I could try the mod, just for fun :)post #15 of 325/9/12 at 10:51amQuote:
The Denon is a safe buy, it's recommended often for a reason, but it is bass heavy, not very but it is there. I doubt it will be a problem.
Oh and the cable could last a world war, it's very office chair proof
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
- Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audio Technica esw9a *major price drop!! 19 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a comparison between xb90ex and wooduo 2 2 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Westhill House HighGate Consulting Rooms by mathiasfinkel
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe