- 20 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- nexus 6 / avg550 - portable DAC/amp recommendations Last post on 2/13/15 at 10:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents.
Get the AKG K550.
What headphone amp or equivalent are you using to drive your headphones? The choice of headphone to get is highly dependent on the ability of your existing headphone driver to actually do justice to the headphone and deliver the goods.
Amping yes, but a good dac makes the world of difference with it, not that it will sound bad, but with a good dac the D2k sounds great.
from what I read the K550 is more suited to your music preferences, the D2k is known for its bass, which IMO is there when you need it and not otherwise, unlike what i read about the D1100.
I don't own the K550 so I cant comment on the amping, but I have owned and loved my D2000 for 2 years, and will answer any questions you may have. Just be warned if you with to upgrade your amp with it, make sure it has a really low impedance output, because if it doesnt then the bass gets emphasized and muddied and the highs become too much.
Just got the E10 so no upgrade for now ;)
Ahhhhh !!! If only I could buy both of them !!! The AKG at work and the Denon at home. That would be so perfect !!! Anybody can give me some money ;)
I think both headphones are really great. Maybe I should go with the better isolation... I will mostly use them at work so...
I want to hear the bass like it's supposed to be heared. I want the better sound reproduction possible for the price.
Refer to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Edited by horizon21 - 5/9/12 at 7:36am
Oups did not see the link. Thanks for that. Really interesting and simple.
But now that I spent a lot of time searching for what could be the next upgrade, I think I will sell my D1100 and go for Denon or AKG.
But I think I could try the mod, just for fun :)
The Denon is a safe buy, it's recommended often for a reason, but it is bass heavy, not very but it is there. I doubt it will be a problem.
Oh and the cable could last a world war, it's very office chair proof
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
- Help! Can't decide between Denon D2000 and AKG K550 !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Missing equalization options for sound in Windows 7 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2