Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Elvis on sacd?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Elvis on sacd?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

i have scoured the internet to try and find 2 Elvis' albums on sacd.

"24 karat hits" and "Elvis is back"

were these ever put into production?

if not please put me out of my misery!

thanks

post #2 of 10

There are no SACDs of these titles.  They were both released on DCC gold CD and Analog Productions vinyl though.


Edited by Radioking59 - 5/8/12 at 5:18pm
post #3 of 10

Analogue Productions will be releasing both "24 Karat Hits" and "Elvis is Back" on SACD. It appears that these were mastered by George Marino before he died.

post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioking59 View Post

Analogue Productions will be releasing both "24 Karat Hits" and "Elvis is Back" on SACD. It appears that these were mastered by George Marino before he died.


I would only trust a Steve Hoffman mastering when it comes to Elvis.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post


I would only trust a Steve Hoffman mastering when it comes to Elvis.

 

Yeah, I cringed when I saw it was Marino. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the DCC "24 Karat Hits" for $50 when I had the chance a while ago.

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioking59 View Post

 

Yeah, I cringed when I saw it was Marino. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the DCC "24 Karat Hits" for $50 when I had the chance a while ago.


I have a signed copy by Steve Hoffman if you're interested. I paid more than $50 though.

post #7 of 10

I've only spent $50 for one CD in my life, but it's one I could sell for $150 easily. I just can't justify spending any more than that, especially on an Elvis CD. I'm not the biggest fan.  I'm more curious than anything.


Edited by Radioking59 - 8/24/12 at 5:01pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioking59 View Post

I've only spent $50 for one CD in my life, but it's one I could sell for $150 easily. I just can't justify spending any more than that, especially on an Elvis CD. I'm not the biggest fan.  I'm more curious than anything.


Yeah...I understand.

 

Most I have paid for a retail CD was $210.00. It was a two CD set so it came out to $105.00 each.

post #9 of 10
I paid $75 to get a two CD Fats Waller set a friend borrowed and never returned, and man that hurt!
post #10 of 10

I'll pick up both "24 Karat Hits" and "Elvis Is Back!" on SACD.

 

I got the DCC 24K gold CD of "24 Karat Hits" already.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Elvis on sacd?