I liked the rPac.
Related Forum Threads
- **Help Me Find Amp/DAC for HE400 £150** Last post on 11/1/12 at 4:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Using an all-in-one mini Stereo sytem instead of dac Last post on 10/26/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- The difference between DAC and headphone amps Last post on 3/20/14 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HRT HeadStreamer vs. Audioquest Dragonfly vs. Audioengine D1 comparison video Last post on 7/8/12 at 5:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7 vs E11 vs E17 - Which is the best purchase? Last post on 10/25/13 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
Any group tests including the Arcam rPAC? Its purchase time - Page 2post #16 of 176/6/13 at 2:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1712/31/14 at 10:06pm
I liked it when I tried out various headphones with it. The only other USB DAC in the shop was a Asus Xonar Essence III (around $2,000) and I preferred the rPac. The Asus had more power but otherwise I preferred everything about the Arcam sound. YMMV.
- Any group tests including the Arcam rPAC? Its purchase time
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 11 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 14 seconds ago
- › Grateful Dead Discussion thread 35 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 42 seconds ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 53 seconds ago
- › wharfedale or MartinLogan bookshelf speakers? 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)