Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread - Page 264

post #3946 of 6453

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

I was just wondering since I heard the LCD-3s a few days ago, I really liked the bass quantity and balance. Would something like a silver widow make the bass less pronounced?
The black widow will probably be fuller sounding one..especially the 22awg 8wire version i have..it sounds more complete then its 4wire sibling..BUT...for my rig...and i mean my rig..the treble is just perfect with the he500...a brighter silver cable (sw) would be to much for me..i think i found my end game cable for my rig at this moment... My 8wire 22awg was franks first 8wire cable in such a thick cable...so iwas his test subject..and he nailed it..this is the cable i would suggest everyone for a he500...the lcd 3 is a bit brighter then the 2...the 2 does best with silver...i think if u like full meaty, natural sound..go for the bw..if u want more analictic..brighter with extreme details thingie..go for the sw.

Thanks for the analysis. These effects are precisely what I think will send my rig into eargasm!  ;0)

I really dig on detail in aural rendering so the SW should just bring the LCD3s into nirvana for me at least...Not that they are not already mind you but I do love very pronounced detail with bass in its place. Will relay impressions when I get the Silver Widow.

post #3947 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

The black widow will probably be fuller sounding one..especially the 22awg 8wire version i have..it sounds more complete then its 4wire sibling..BUT...for my rig...and i mean my rig..the treble is just perfect with the he500...a brighter silver cable (sw) would be to much for me..i think i found my end game cable for my rig at this moment... My 8wire 22awg was franks first 8wire cable in such a thick cable...so iwas his test subject..and he nailed it..this is the cable i would suggest everyone for a he500...the lcd 3 is a bit brighter then the 2...the 2 does best with silver...i think if u like full meaty, natural sound..go for the bw..if u want more analictic..brighter with extreme details thingie..go for the sw.
Ok, thanks
post #3948 of 6453
Frank you got PM. I really have some money literally with your name on it so please answer uour messages and claim your money. biggrin.gif
post #3949 of 6453
I am a bit confused with all the different Toxic Cables mentioned. I want the best (don't we all?) Toxic Cable for my HE-500s. Are they ALL on your website, Frank?
post #3950 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by john777 View Post

I am a bit confused with all the different Toxic Cables mentioned. I want the best (don't we all?) Toxic Cable for my HE-500s. Are they ALL on your website, Frank?

Most his cables aren't on his website I think, but here's a list:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/641166/toxic-cables-silver-widow-headphone-cable-review

Scroll down a bit. 

post #3951 of 6453

Sorry for the late responses to emails/PM's, i will be replying to most later this evening.

 

Most current cable list and prices can be found on page 261 of this thread.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #3952 of 6453

Two of my four cables Im waiting on arrived today.

Thank you Frank, Build quality as always is phenomenal & it sounds divine! :)

Cant wait to get my Beyer balanced recable and balanced to Single ended adaptor. Then I'll be set for any rig.

Until I get the SR71-B that is lol!!

 

So here's my Fully Balanced rig...

( Ive also added a few shots with my IE8's for a complete Silver Poison Setup. )

 

iPhone 4s running EQ Pro ( FLAC enabled )

Toxic Cables Silver Poison Digital LOD

CypherLabs Algorhythm Solo

Toxic Cables Silver Poison Coaxial IC

iBasso Boomslang 2 DB2

Toxic Cables Silver Poison Balanced IC 

iBasso Pelican PB2

Toxic Cables White Widow Balanced recable

Sennheiser HD25 1 II Adidas Originals

Sennheiser IE8 with Single Ended Silver Poison

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

post #3953 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Two of my four cables Im waiting on arrived today.
Thank you Frank, Build quality as always is phenomenal & it sounds divine! smily_headphones1.gif
Cant wait to get my Beyer balanced recable and balanced to Single ended adaptor. Then I'll be set for any rig.
Until I get the SR71-B that is lol!!

So here's my Fully Balanced rig...
( Ive also added a few shots with my IE8's for a complete Silver Poison Setup. )

iPhone 4s running EQ Pro ( FLAC enabled )
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Digital LOD
CypherLabs Algorhythm Solo
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Coaxial IC
iBasso Boomslang 2 DB2
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Balanced IC 
iBasso Pelican PB2
Toxic Cables White Widow Balanced recable
Sennheiser HD25 1 II Adidas Originals
Sennheiser IE8 with Single Ended Silver Poison


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark



AppleMark


AppleMark
Just curious, why do you have 2 DACs?
post #3954 of 6453

I cant afford an SR71-B or a balanced CLAS currently due to saving for a house, So this is my way of having a fully balanced rig for less cost :)

post #3955 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

I cant afford an SR71-B or a balanced CLAS currently due to saving for a house, So this is my way of having a fully balanced rig for less cost :)

Oh, the rig still looks awesome with all that Silver Widow cable. Maybe you can upgrade the LOD to Silver Widow from SP as well. : )

post #3956 of 6453

To be honest Im pretty happy with the SP right now. Ive only had it a few weeks lol.

The Beyer hybrids are going to have a Copper cable which is a change for me, I want to add more depth & warmth to their sound.

post #3957 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

To be honest Im pretty happy with the SP right now. Ive only had it a few weeks lol.

The Beyer hybrids are going to have a Copper cable which is a change for me, I want to add more depth & warmth to their sound.

The Black Widow? They look the best without sleeving IMO, but they still look great with sleeving. 

post #3958 of 6453

Subscribed.

post #3959 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post


Just curious, why do you have 2 DACs?

 

He could lose the DB2 and use the DAC in the CLAS but he is squeezing out every last ounce of sound with the DB2 in there. I still use that same rig (with exception of iphone) and it's a no compromise Portable/Transportable rig. 

 

P6120105.JPG

 

P6120101.JPG

 

P1020064.JPG

post #3960 of 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post

 

He could lose the DB2 and use the DAC in the CLAS but he is squeezing out every last ounce of sound with the DB2 in there. I still use that same rig (with exception of iphone) and it's a no compromise Portable/Transportable rig. 

 

P6120105.JPG

 

P6120101.JPG

 

P1020064.JPG

 

Thanks mate :)

Still loving yours too! I think we may be the only two on here with this particular setup lol :P

I've been listening too it for a few hours today and I am very impressed indeed! Glad I made the move to do it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread