Custom products are not the same as going to the mall and getting one off the shelf.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stock HD650 Cable Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:10am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Boutique HD650 cables PRICE DROP Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:26pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [Found] Stock HD650 cable with the 3.5mm adapter Last post on 6/14/13 at 2:49am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- sennheiser hd650 stock cable Last post on 4/18/13 at 9:50am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Toxic Cables feedback thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:11 am in Member of the Trade (Vendor) Feedback
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 7/26/13
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread - Page 177
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That mean i can send your cable in another 18 weeks, you don't need a balanced cables, if you can't use it till you get the amp.
Have not visited this thread in awhile and WOW the things that have happened here in this thread over the past 2 weeks. I just wanted to post my impressions on the toxic cables and my experience with frank. I first got to know about toxic cables when i was shopping for a new replacement cable for my jh13s, at that time (2012 june if my memory serves me correctly), frank was launching his line of IEM cables and the prototypes of the cables were being sent to the senior head fi members such as Staal for review, also enticing me to part with my money was the very reasonable pre order price for the silver poison cable. I decided to pull the trigger on one of them and 2 months later, they arrived. On first impressions, the cables were well built, attention was paid to every detail, the braiding was beautiful (I will get to the sound later). I was enjoying my cable until December last year when disaster struck, the left channel of the cable stopped working. However, this was not franks fault as I live in a country (Aka Singapore, and no its not in China) where we have the HOT and HUMID tropical weather 365 days a year, the weather here is like being in a sauna and it makes you sweat alot. To cut to the chase, my sweat corroded the connecting pins on the IEM cable so much that an electical signal could not pass through it. As such i sent my cables in for repair early Janruary and got them back in February (i also ordered a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable). When i got the cable back from repair, all that i could say was that the repair job done was fantastic, it looked brand new, it was worth the wait. Toxic cables is a brand that i would hold on even grounds if not higher than the big cable companies such as ALO ( have 2 spoilt IEM cables from them as their IEM connecting pin overmould was done really badly, both died after 2 weeks). Frank has also been really polite and very straight to the point in his answering of my emails and i am a very tough customer (he can testify to that haha), nevertheless thank you Frank and a job well done, i am happy.
Now for the sound, the important bit. I do believe that cables do make a difference in sound, i wont call the difference huge but it does improve on the sound quite a bit if you have a good set up. Owners of the JH13/16 line will know that on the stock cable, these IEMs are aggressive and are can easily fatigue the listener, Frank's silver poison smoothens out the presentation, making it more 3D like at the same time reducing the harshness of the JH13 while maintaining the good attack that it has, the decay is also improved slightly. Surprisingly for a silver cable, the bass is not compromised, the bass quantity remains roughly the same but it seems that the jh13 is now able to hit the lower bass tones with less effort. The midrange is clean, slightly forward, vocal sibilance is reduced. Treble is very good, with cymbals having nice much more airy presentation to them, high hats sound really realistic. Clarity is overall improved and micro details are indeed brought more foward. All i can say is that the wait was worth it. Frank has one really good cable :DDDDDDDDDD
Here's some pictures, the biohazard artwork on the IEM really suits the toxic cables :D
U think ur a smart ass huh?.. No way gozeee..in the meantime i will be using a short (toxic?) adapter to use the 8 wire black widow beauty with my also perfect amp, my 337..as i really want that cable..it will sound heavenly..am sure..so if u dont want ur tires blown up..oops...breath in...breath out..think of fluffy rabits... but..no need to rush it for end of this month..1st week of april is fine also.. U see am reasonable man..well..most of thetimes..and why am i still awake at 6am on friday and working??? Can someone hit me on the head? Pls!! Heeellllp..
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/13 at 9:00pm
I really appreciate the wait and your patience, not a single email asking about the order since you ordered, now that's what i call patience.
I was going to ship your cables today, but i wanted to hold on to them for some pictures. I will ship them over the pond on Monday, hope you don't mind. Here are a couple pictures of both your Silver Widows.
Edited by Toxic Cables - 3/8/13 at 9:17pm
Most of us are patient as we know ur cables sound heavenly frank..okay i admit..i sometimes ask u things..but only because i am a curious person and not a stalker..lolz
and mr!!.are u not supposed to lay next to ur wife and counting sheep at this time?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/13 at 9:04pm
U think ur a smart ass huh?.. No way gozeee..in the meantime i will be using an adapter to use the 8 wire black widow beauty with my also perfect amp, my 337..as i really want that cable..it will sound heavenly..am sure..so if u dont want ur tires blown up..oops...breath in...breath out..think of fluffy rabits... but..no need to rush it for end of this month..1st week of april is fine also.. U see am reasonable man..well..most of thetimes..and why am i still awake at 6am on friday and working??? Can someone hit me on the head? Pls!! Heeellllp..
End of this month, i believe i told you 6 weeks less then a week ago, cheeky sod.
Honestly, i am trying my best to get out all the cables as soon as i possibly can, i am not delaying orders intentionally.
Everyone who has emailed or messaged me in the last couple days, i will reply to you guys tomorrow.
Thank you also for your patience, it's hard to believe how patient you guys are.
Here's some pics of your 8 wire Widow i believe.
Wow..am speechless..8 wire huh? Mmmmmm..oops..Dont worry i can wait...6 weeks huh? Hope i will get them before the london meet..lolz.
When u have the time frank...can u pm me with the pricing for the balanced connectors and a short adapter cable..that short!! adapter doesnt need to be 8 wire black widow wire..or have top of the line connectors...its a temperarely solution..so a basic copper scorpion wire will do also..thanks!!
Thank you, i am glad you like them, they look even better in person. Once you get them, just leave music running through them, overnight for a few days, just using your iPod, and they will sound even better, although they already sound great.
I have just the jacks left to put on some of the cables, so should get these done. I will try take a group photo of the one's i did not send today, sometime over the weekend.
Wow! You were right when you told me this cable is going to be awesome.... Words fail me!
Yet again Frank leaves us speechless with the quality of his craftsmanship!
Whats a Gozee Hifimanrookie??? LOL Apart from apparently Frank is one!
See now Im feeling impatient and want to see some sexy pictures of my cable and adaptor....
thats a great looking cable frank. im sure the sound will be good.
do you have any plans to make 8 wire silver widow and black widow hybrid? im really curious on how it sounds since the silver poison and scorpion hybrid sounds really good.
- Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best bit depth and sample rate for non bit perfect playback. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVA 600 headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Bottlehead Crack, assembled by "hifibuilderguy" 4 minutes ago
- › Best amps for Beyer DT770 Pro 80 around 200? 5 minutes ago
- › Earsonics S-EM6 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Do I just plug a headphone amp into the stereo's headphone socket? 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Cleaning Connectors? 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe