Sorry, i dozed off, just replied.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 3/5/14 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:09pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Stock HD650 Cable Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:10am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Boutique HD650 cables PRICE DROP Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:26pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [Found] Stock HD650 cable with the 3.5mm adapter Last post on 12/15/13 at 12:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread - Page 104
u see..we all need rest..at a certain moment ur body says: f..ck it..i go on strike...frank maybe u work to hard..we dont mind waiting 2 Or 3 days extra to give u a breather..right guys?
Take care of urself ok!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/18/12 at 5:46am
Finally got Toxic Cables silver-copper for Hifiman HE-400s. Well worth the long wait. Dude paid for Fedex from England for pre-Christmas delivery; much thanks.
Superior to the original Hifiman cable. Zero noise. Light and flexible. Really opens up these cans. Cable is beautifully made, really cool to behold.
I would order another, even if I had to wait until Guy Fawkes Day 2014.
Very much in agreeance.
I have been lurking this thread for some while now, waiting in the shadows, studying waiting for the good opportunity to mercilessly strike my scared wallet once more. I have recently bought a LCD2 rev 3 (bamboo) and a Burson Conductor . They both are excellent products. However I feel that my stock cable on the lcd2s are the worst link from my system.
I read that Lcd2s would benefit from silver cables. I am scared of some aspects though :
1. I do not want them to get brighter because i find them to be perfect the way they are in the treble section.
2. Do not want to loose any of the bass.
I was looking at 2 products:
Are both cables shielded? I might have a lot of noise where i use my system (radio, wireless networks, antenas everywhere, etc)
Would the silver poison make the lcd2 brighter ? Would it take away from the bass?
Would I be better off with the copper version considering I like the bass so much and i like warm sound in general?
Thank you guys,
Very nice review! It came just in time :)) as you can see my question above your post :D.
So you say it keeps the sound warm and it doesn't loose bass ?
Does it change the dark signature of lcd2?
You may have convinced me to go for the silver poison cable, though I thought i am a copper cable guy.
I like dark warming sound in general. I love the sound of lcd2 and its highs, but i feel it can be more detailed and the highs can have a little more sparkle.
I have listened to lcd3 recently. I've seen you said in the review that lcd3 are recessed. I read that the first batch had a problem but they fixed that. Actually they are brighter than the lcd2s .
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 12/19/12 at 5:10pm
- Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 second ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 11 seconds ago
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 27 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 51 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude