Sorry, i dozed off, just replied.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 3/5/14 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:09pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Stock HD650 Cable Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:10am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Boutique HD650 cables PRICE DROP Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:26pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [Found] Stock HD650 cable with the 3.5mm adapter Last post on 12/15/13 at 12:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread - Page 104
u see..we all need rest..at a certain moment ur body says: f..ck it..i go on strike...frank maybe u work to hard..we dont mind waiting 2 Or 3 days extra to give u a breather..right guys?
Take care of urself ok!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/18/12 at 5:46am
Finally got Toxic Cables silver-copper for Hifiman HE-400s. Well worth the long wait. Dude paid for Fedex from England for pre-Christmas delivery; much thanks.
Superior to the original Hifiman cable. Zero noise. Light and flexible. Really opens up these cans. Cable is beautifully made, really cool to behold.
I would order another, even if I had to wait until Guy Fawkes Day 2014.
Very much in agreeance.
I have been lurking this thread for some while now, waiting in the shadows, studying waiting for the good opportunity to mercilessly strike my scared wallet once more. I have recently bought a LCD2 rev 3 (bamboo) and a Burson Conductor . They both are excellent products. However I feel that my stock cable on the lcd2s are the worst link from my system.
I read that Lcd2s would benefit from silver cables. I am scared of some aspects though :
1. I do not want them to get brighter because i find them to be perfect the way they are in the treble section.
2. Do not want to loose any of the bass.
I was looking at 2 products:
Are both cables shielded? I might have a lot of noise where i use my system (radio, wireless networks, antenas everywhere, etc)
Would the silver poison make the lcd2 brighter ? Would it take away from the bass?
Would I be better off with the copper version considering I like the bass so much and i like warm sound in general?
Thank you guys,
Very nice review! It came just in time :)) as you can see my question above your post :D.
So you say it keeps the sound warm and it doesn't loose bass ?
Does it change the dark signature of lcd2?
You may have convinced me to go for the silver poison cable, though I thought i am a copper cable guy.
I like dark warming sound in general. I love the sound of lcd2 and its highs, but i feel it can be more detailed and the highs can have a little more sparkle.
I have listened to lcd3 recently. I've seen you said in the review that lcd3 are recessed. I read that the first batch had a problem but they fixed that. Actually they are brighter than the lcd2s .
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 12/19/12 at 5:10pm
- Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 28 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 53 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 3 minutes ago
- › Jaycar - High Definition Audio Digital-to-Analogue Converter (First... 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude