Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 67

post #991 of 7482
8 conductors. Very bling bling...
post #992 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post


His IEM cable range is as follows:

     1. Silver Poison: Pure silver with a dash of gold
     2. Antrax: Same silver as above minus the gold
     3. Scorpion: Pure copper
     4. Viper: Silver plated copper
     5. Hybrid: mix of Antrax/ SIlver Poison and Scorpion (8 conductors)
     6. Piccolino: Kick ass alien cable. Just kidding, crystal cable

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
Sorry to correct u..but i think piccolino must be number 1...as thats the most expensive one and best one if i understand it right..i mean..if the numbers represent the best to good.. Wait..all cables of frank are best in their sort...damn...so its super super super best to best then?.from top to bottom.. 1 to 6? Or didnt u use the numbers for that reason? tongue.gif u see..i am even confusing myself..hahaha biggrin.gif
post #993 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Geesh..u walk around with that in ur pocket? Its a huge package..but i love the cables biggrin.gif
Seriously..it looks as a goodsouding rig. wink.gif

No... =P When I walk around I use my iPod Nano alone. Thats is my side bed rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Fantastic pictures Rodrigo.

 

 

Thank You Frank

post #994 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post


Lookin good Rodrigo! I see your sporting the SR-71A instead of the RX-Mk3...Any difference in their sound?

 

Hi longbowbbs, I sold my MK3 because to my ears it did not pair well with my customs, to much 'humm'' and I HATE that, so I tested the RSA 71-A and IMO it has a smother sound, black background on low gain,  so I bought it.  biggrin.gif

post #995 of 7482
Does anyone have the anthrax pure silver cable and the silver poison cable, what are the sound differences between them? Because one is pure silver and the other contains a dash of gold.
post #996 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmappita View Post

Hi longbowbbs, I sold my MK3 because to my ears it did not pair well with my customs, to much 'humm'' and I HATE that, so I tested the RSA 71-A and IMO it has a smother sound, black background on low gain,  so I bought it.  biggrin.gif

That does seem to be the one issue with the RX-mk3. Looks like both the SR-71a & b are winners! Love the photos too, Thanks for sharing!
post #997 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Sorry to correct u..but i think piccolino must be number 1...as thats the most expensive one and best one if i understand it right..i mean..if the numbers represent the best to good.. Wait..all cables of frank are best in their sort...damn...so its super super super best to best then?.from top to bottom.. 1 to 6? Or didnt u use the numbers for that reason? tongue.gif u see..i am even confusing myself..hahaha biggrin.gif


Nope, didn't use the numbers for ranking. Merely the range that Frank is holding for IEMs.


Edit: will re-listen to piccolino from a friend again for re-evaluation to avoid advising wrongly.
Will repost findings once done.
Edited by Joe-Siow - 11/16/12 at 6:08pm
post #998 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post

Nope, didn't use the numbers for ranking. Merely the range that Frank is holding for IEMs.
I find either the Scorpion or Silver Poison best for my own application. I had a Piccolino lod once. While I am impressed with the sound quality overall, I found soundstage to shrink considerably.
YMMV.

Really? That cable is the second most expensive cable ( bar the venom) that frank sells and u say The soundstage shrank? Interesting.. Hey frank...i thought that the piccolino was best of both worlds..silver(airy and big soundstage and articulate) and copper (warm and good low bass and intimate)..can u pls explain? As i need a cable for me he500..and if the piccolino shrinks on of the thing whats special on my he500 then i have to choose another cable..can u pls advice?
post #999 of 7482
I vote Silver Poison!
post #1000 of 7482
Edit.

Will re-listen to piccolino again from a friend before posting new findings.
Edited by Joe-Siow - 11/16/12 at 6:05pm
post #1001 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post

Edit.
Will re-listen to piccolino again from a friend before posting new findings.

Thanks..
But No worries..i respect ur findings..no matter ..its ur ears..so dont worry bout wrong advises..i was just surprised as those crystal cables piccolino are said to be a uniqum in cable land as they have both bests of copper and silver..maybe frank can inform us better as being the specialist wink.gif as i said..its for a he500 connected to a very solid state sounding 337.. biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/16/12 at 6:21pm
post #1002 of 7482
SP's are Silver and gold...I'll take gold over copper anyday...smily_headphones1.gif
post #1003 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post

Edit.
Will re-listen to piccolino again from a friend before posting new findings.

 

I'll be receiving a piccolino IEM cable soon to compare with my SP. I'll make sure to post my thoughts as well. 

post #1004 of 7482
popcorn.gif
post #1005 of 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post

Edit
Will re-listen to piccolino again from a friend before posting new findings.

1000th Post. Congrats,

 

You are now the owner of a brand new HiFiMAN HM601 8G Slim.

 

 

700

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread