or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 550

post #8236 of 8250
Quote:
Originally Posted by M42a View Post

Hi all
Did anyone here hear from Frank regarding their orders? Ever since he is back I guess he is really busy catching up....

Sorry, been very busy making order, i will go through every single PM this evening.

post #8237 of 8250

Hi Does Toxic Cables not offer RCA interconnects? I did not see it on the website.

post #8238 of 8250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post
 

Hi Does Toxic Cables not offer RCA interconnects? I did not see it on the website.

Frank can do anything on cables.  Just PM him what you want to have.

post #8239 of 8250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post
 

Hi Does Toxic Cables not offer RCA interconnects? I did not see it on the website.

I can make anything you like, please send me a PM with your requirements.

post #8240 of 8250

All my RCA interconnects and XLR cables are made by Frank......they are both stunning and top of the line.  I fancy one day I might even step up to Silver Widow on all the interconnects (one step @ a time) as they are all silver poison right now.  Great stuff.

post #8241 of 8250

Hey guys - just curious... is it ok to have these in there like this? I'm super carful when winding the cable up and putting it in the case.

I actually wind it up in the case, and not in my hands to make sure I don't wind it any tighter then absolutely necessary to make it fit. The cable is relatively thick so, just wanna make sure this is ok. The thing I'm most nervous about is the where the silver widow cable meets the 1/8" plug. I should be able to see what I'm talking about in the photo. That's where things are at it's tightest. 

post #8242 of 8250

That looks just fine.

post #8243 of 8250
I've sent you a mail via your contact form on your website. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
post #8244 of 8250
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4MES View Post

I've sent you a mail via your contact form on your website. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Okay so I just got the list of options I can get and I'm kinda lost now, way to many options.

I'm getting the Liquid Carbon amp soon. As such I need some cables. Currently have the Alpha Dog headphones. I will be getting my impressions on Monday for a set of Noble K10. Which would be the best cable choice for each of those?

Also do they do a cheap <£100 power cable?
post #8245 of 8250

I use a toxic silver widow for my k10 :).

post #8246 of 8250
Frank, I dropped you a PM. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8247 of 8250
Issues Faced (Click to show)
>Just received my set of Silver Widow 22 few days ago.
>First issue I encountered, my cable is missing the metal choker or as a matter of fact there isn't a choker on it to begin with.
>Contacted local reseller Joe with regards to it.
>Plugged it in with my k10s and was just admiring the boomy muddy sound as with all unburnt in cables.
>30 hrs in it starts to open up.
>I decide to play some of my more detailed songs but for some reason I couldn't tell left from right when the artiste comes on stage and i was unable to image if he was coming from either direction.
>Decided to create a file to test my left and right channel.
>To my frustration, when the sound thats supposed to come from the left started, i hear it coming from my right channel.
>I checked that the side marked in red is on the right side, and the one unmarked/white marked is on the left.
>Tested again and same problem, left plays on my right and right plays on my left.
>Might be an issue with my file, went on youtube to test all the stereo left and right channel tests.
>Same issue.

>Right now I've swapped the pins where the red is now plugged in to my left side and the white/unmarked is on the right.
>Sound right
>Tested again, Problem fixed.
>But now the cables are twisting towards the outside my ear and its very uncomfortable as its causing my ciems to break seal.

>Am really frustrated right now.
>again contacted my local reseller Joe with regards to the problem.



With regards to Sonic Qualities of the cable, I would like to agree with the fact that it improves/enhances on the capabilities of my iems. How so? With comparison to the SW25.5 (from memory) I am hearing twice the amount of Soundstaging (SW25.5 70 degrees angle of space whilst on the SW22 sounds like 160 degrees-ish), Air, Imaging is now at least enough for me to clearly identify and seperate from other instruments, Mids are now almost liquid smooth but still not "Fitear smooth" :3, Bass has also tightened up. Overall very satisfied with the sound :)
 

Issue Solved :3 (Click to show)
2/9 > Waiting for Solution as Joe addresses the issue with Frank.
3/9 > Decided to fix the issue on my own 


 

Photos hidden (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by OtakuShawn - Today at 10:29 am
post #8248 of 8250
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuShawn View Post
 

I'm about to blow over right now, just wanted to state this out since I never thought something like this could happen.

>Just received my set of Silver Widow 22 few days ago.
>First issue I encountered, my cable is missing the metal choker or as a matter of fact there isn't a choker on it to begin with.
>Contacted local reseller Joe with regards to it.
>Plugged it in with my k10s and was just admiring the boomy muddy sound as with all unburnt in cables.
>30 hrs in it starts to open up.
>I decide to play some of my more detailed songs but for some reason I couldn't tell left from right when the artiste comes on stage and i was unable to image if he was coming from either direction.
>Decided to create a file to test my left and right channel.
>To my frustration, when the sound thats supposed to come from the left started, i hear it coming from my right channel.
>I checked that the side marked in red is on the right side, and the one unmarked/white marked is on the left.
>Tested again and same problem, left plays on my right and right plays on my left.
>Might be an issue with my file, went on youtube to test all the stereo left and right channel tests.
>Same issue.

>Right now I've swapped the pins where the red is now plugged in to my left side and the white/unmarked is on the right.
>Sound right
>Tested again, Problem fixed.
>But now the cables are twisting towards the outside my ear and its very uncomfortable as its causing my ciems to break seal.

>Am really frustrated right now.
>again contacted my local reseller Joe with regards to the problem.

I have no issues regarding the sonic quality/capabilities of the cable but I am really disappointed to find so many issues with the cable just as it arrived after the really long wait. With regards to Sonic Qualities of the cable, I would like to agree with the fact that it improves/enhances on the capabilities of my iems. 

 

Shawn, as advised to you, the matter has been brought up to Frank's attention. While I understand your frustration, please also understand that we are committed to try to solve your issues. Give me some time to correspond with Frank and we will try to make things right.

post #8249 of 8250

Dont worry mate, im sure Frank is on to it already.....

post #8250 of 8250
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuShawn View Post
  Issues Faced (Click to show)
>Just received my set of Silver Widow 22 few days ago.
>First issue I encountered, my cable is missing the metal choker or as a matter of fact there isn't a choker on it to begin with.
>Contacted local reseller Joe with regards to it.
>Plugged it in with my k10s and was just admiring the boomy muddy sound as with all unburnt in cables.
>30 hrs in it starts to open up.
>I decide to play some of my more detailed songs but for some reason I couldn't tell left from right when the artiste comes on stage and i was unable to image if he was coming from either direction.
>Decided to create a file to test my left and right channel.
>To my frustration, when the sound thats supposed to come from the left started, i hear it coming from my right channel.
>I checked that the side marked in red is on the right side, and the one unmarked/white marked is on the left.
>Tested again and same problem, left plays on my right and right plays on my left.
>Might be an issue with my file, went on youtube to test all the stereo left and right channel tests.
>Same issue.

>Right now I've swapped the pins where the red is now plugged in to my left side and the white/unmarked is on the right.
>Sound right
>Tested again, Problem fixed.
>But now the cables are twisting towards the outside my ear and its very uncomfortable as its causing my ciems to break seal.

>Am really frustrated right now.
>again contacted my local reseller Joe with regards to the problem.



With regards to Sonic Qualities of the cable, I would like to agree with the fact that it improves/enhances on the capabilities of my iems. How so? With comparison to the SW25.5 (from memory) I am hearing twice the amount of Soundstaging (SW25.5 70 degrees angle of space whilst on the SW22 sounds like 160 degrees-ish), Air, Imaging is now at least enough for me to clearly identify and seperate from other instruments, Mids are now almost liquid smooth but still not "Fitear smooth" :3, Bass has also tightened up. Overall very satisfied with the sound :)
 

Issue Solved :3 (Click to show)
2/9 > Waiting for Solution as Joe addresses the issue with Frank.
3/9 > Decided to fix the issue on my own 


 

Photos hidden (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the issues you are facing, we are a small company and sometimes the odd mistake happens, although very rare and it is always taken care of.

 

Please speak to Joe as you have been and we will both take care of this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread