Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 7414

Hey guys im kinda new to this stuff but had a few questions regarding cables. I have a pair of AKG K271 MK II, im running it through a Audioengine D1. Im thinking about upgrading to some Toxic cables cause everyone here seems to love em! So my question would be how much would upgrading the cables really help? Would it be noticeable at all?

 

Thanks 

post #77 of 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by weplayendlessly View Post

Hey guys im kinda new to this stuff but had a few questions regarding cables. I have a pair of AKG K271 MK II, im running it through a Audioengine D1. Im thinking about upgrading to some Toxic cables cause everyone here seems to love em! So my question would be how much would upgrading the cables really help? Would it be noticeable at all?

 

Thanks 

Rather then buying a new cable for them which could cost as much as the headphones themselves, you should consider putting that money towards a 701 or 702, you would get a better improvement then adding a new cable to your current headphones.

No offence intended.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 5/15/12 at 7:44pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #78 of 7414

Considering adding some toxicity to my LCD-s

post #79 of 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulybatz View Post

Considering adding some toxicity to my LCD-s

 

Wait a while more before deciding. I'm doing a group review with several other local head-fiers on my upcoming Toxic cables Venom RC-4s, an Alo Salty Pepper and the stock ADZ-5 and ADZ-6 cables, using the LCD-2.2s and LCD-3s.

post #80 of 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

Rather then buying a new cable for them which could cost as much as the headphones themselves, you should consider putting that money towards a 701 or 702, you would get a better improvement then adding a new cable to your current headphones.

No offence intended.

None taken, thanks man. Im slowly upgrading my setup ha. Just upgraded to a audioengine d1 from a cMoy bass boost. Pretty stoked to see how it sounds. 

post #81 of 7414

My friend bought a Hifi-Man HE500 from Frank a few days ago and he loves it. I didnt know Frank was actually an authorised hifi man dealer in the UK, which is cool.

 

Also I bought this from Frank last week, he has a stock of these headphone stands in  - the Klutz cancan.

 

i think its great looking.

 

ACC_3227_DxO.jpgACC_3229_DxO.jpg

ACC_3218_DxO.jpgACC_3245_DxO.jpg

ACC_3239_DxO.jpgACC_3221_DxO.jpg

post #82 of 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl1dyl View Post

Wait a while more before deciding. I'm doing a group review with several other local head-fiers on my upcoming Toxic cables Venom RC-4s, an Alo Salty Pepper and the stock ADZ-5 and ADZ-6 cables, using the LCD-2.2s and LCD-3s.

Looking forward to this review.
post #83 of 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post


Looking forward to this review.

Me too wink.gif

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #84 of 7414
Anyone else joined the toxic cable crew? smily_headphones1.gif
post #85 of 7414
Thread Starter 

My review should be up either today or sometime during the weekend. HD650 Viper cable.

post #86 of 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

My review should be up either today or sometime during the weekend. HD650 Viper cable.

Looking forward to it mate.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #87 of 7414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

Looking forward to it mate.

 

Thanks. 

 

Here are some preliminary, amateur shots with the Nikon D80 and the flash on. Won't be taking a lot nicer picture until tomorrow with natural lighting. Just trying to get some of the nicest parts of the Viper. Frank, do you make these terminated in a 3 pin balanced XLR connectors. I'd be interested. You'll see why below. Review coming soon...

 

 

234

 

234

 

234

 

234

 

234

 

234

 

I'd be using my main rig, but it's balanced...

 

234

 

I will say this, among all the cables that I have tried for the HD650, this is the best sounding one. Even over the Whiplash Audio TWag V2... which is still a mighty fine cable in and of itself.


Edited by Austin Morrow - 5/18/12 at 10:07pm
post #88 of 7414

Great pictures Austin, i have a D90 but i am totally hopeless at taking good pictures.

 

Yes i do dual 3P XLR's and any other termination, send me an email/PM when you decide on one, i could also re-terminate your current cable for you.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #89 of 7414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

Great pictures Austin, i have a D90 but i am totally hopeless at taking good pictures.

 

Yes i do dual 3P XLR's and any other termination, send me an email/PM when you decide on one, i could also re-terminate your current cable for you.

 

We'll discuss that at a later date. For now, I want to write and publish this review and keep enjoying the sound I get front the Viper. L3000.gif

post #90 of 7414
Thread Starter 

No activity the last two days This thread was HOT the last week or so. No new reviews or impressions?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread