Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 463

post #6931 of 7483
I just love it when Frank calls out these one sided stories. Enjoy your vacation Frank, checking back once in awhile to see when you come back for some more cables. Thanks!
post #6932 of 7483

My last cable order took longer to receive than a custom ordered Porsche 911 Carrera GTS, but both were worth the wait.

post #6933 of 7483

Hi Guys,

 

Do you think the Black Widow cable will be a food match with the Hifiman HE-560?

post #6934 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolo View Post

Hi Guys,

Do you think the Black Widow cable will be a food match with the Hifiman HE-560?
yup..but get the 8 wire version..and if possible balanced. That will be yummy... tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/23/14 at 12:39am
post #6935 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


yup..but get the 8 wire version..and if possible balanced. That will be yummy... tongue.gif

hifimanrookie and his 8 wire BW lol. 

post #6936 of 7483

Whats the difference between an 8 wire and a non 8 wire cable?

post #6937 of 7483

8-wire has more conductors and is suppose to sound better.

post #6938 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

8-wire has more conductors and is suppose to sound better.

is it a big difference?

post #6939 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfarlarkus View Post
 

is it a big difference?

I haven't heard both, so unfortunately I don't know. 

post #6940 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


yup..but get the 8 wire version..and if possible balanced. That will be yummy... tongue.gif

 

I will be getting the balanced version for use with the Pulse fxi when it arrives. Just a question. Is the 22AWG better than the 24AWG?

post #6941 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolo View Post

I will be getting the balanced version for use with the Pulse fxi when it arrives. Just a question. Is the 22AWG better than the 24AWG?
I have owned the 4wire and now have the 8wire version of the 22awg BW..and the 8wire sounds more powerful, fuller, blacker and the soundstage is bigger...for the rest it is very hard to hear differences..

My personal opinion. I always would go for the biggest AWG possible if from the same brand and cable model...the bigger the AWG (until a certain point ofcourse) the better the 'flow' .

thats why his most expensive cables, the Venoms, are 18awg... Never heard the 24AWG though..its less expensive.... But to the sound it wont make a Huge difference if u choose the 24AWG version over the 22AWG..sound will be comparable..u wont regret it if u go either way..but the most sold version is the 22AWG version as far i understand.

And u say u go balanced? Is that dual 3pin XLR or one 4pin XLR? As if u go for the dual 3pin XLR u could go the way i went..a dual mono configuration..it will cost ya a bit..but sound improves considerably, as both cables transfer the two signals without any interference of each other channels.

Have fun choosing!
post #6942 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I have owned the 4wire and now have the 8wire version of the 22awg BW..and the 8wire sounds more powerful, fuller, blacker and the soundstage is bigger...for the rest it is very hard to hear differences..

My personal opinion. I always would go for the biggest AWG possible if from the same brand and cable model...the bigger the AWG (until a certain point ofcourse) the better the 'flow' .

thats why his most expensive cables, the Venoms, are 18awg... Never heard the 24AWG though..its less expensive.... But to the sound it wont make a Huge difference if u choose the 24AWG version over the 22AWG..sound will be comparable..u wont regret it if u go either way..but the most sold version is the 22AWG version as far i understand.

And u say u go balanced? Is that dual 3pin XLR or one 4pin XLR? As if u go for the dual 3pin XLR u could go the way i went..a dual mono configuration..it will cost ya a bit..but sound improves considerably, as both cables transfer the two signals without any interference of each other channels.

Have fun choosing!

 

Cool. 22AWG it is next month. I am going for the 4pin XLR, as that's the only Pulse fxi's only balanced headphone output option.


Edited by nicolo - 7/23/14 at 7:49am
post #6943 of 7483

Which IEM cable that Frank sells is the best for a bass heavy IEM?

post #6944 of 7483

SW, BW and Virus IEM cables available to order with OM cables at no extra cost, even though they cost 20 times as much for the OM connectors.

 

BW also available for Fitear with OM.

 

Gold Poison also with OM for 2 pin IEM.

 

Very limited stock and Fitear SW OM already sold out.

 

New, non Toxic off the shelf 24AWG 40 strand Silver Litz with 2 pin OM available. This is an off the shelf wire available to any manufacturer, so was not designed by me and available elsewhere, some have it as a flagship.

 

Limited stock and only £160 till Monday. What the heck, i will even throw in free shipping.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 7/23/14 at 5:24pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #6945 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

SW, BW and Virus IEM cables available to order with OM cables at no extra cost, even though they cost 20 times as much for the OM connectors.

BW also available for Fitear with OM.

Gold Poison also with OM for 2 pin IEM.

Very limited stock and Fitear SW OM already sold out.

New, non Toxic off the shelf 24AWG 40 strand Silver Litz with 2 pin OM available. This is an off the shelf wire available to any manufacturer, so was not designed by me and available elsewhere, some have it as a flagship.

Limited stock and only £160 till Monday. What the heck, i will even throw in free shipping.

Noted with thanks, Frank! I have a couple of chaps who are interested and I'll pass the message on. smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread