He is 8, Foxconn need them to be younger now, what a shame.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 4/19/14 at 2:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 4/3/14 at 12:37am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Stock HD650 Cable Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:10am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Boutique HD650 cables PRICE DROP Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:26pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [Found] Stock HD650 cable with the 3.5mm adapter Last post on 12/15/13 at 12:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 47
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
HD800s with a portable setup? What portable amp deos the HD800s sound good on?
That looks very handsome! I was in your neck of the woods today Frank. Hope you managed to stay dry!
Very nice. I can see it becoming popular especially with the LCD2, theres something about that (cotton?) sleeving that looks so right!
Nice cable Frank, I really like how there is no heatshrink on the already long LCD connectors.
My mini (and very non technical) review of Silver Poison Toxic Cables :D
First of all I want to just state, that I'm not a super audiophile (I very wish I had the kind of money to try out the super high end stuff though :D), but I do enjoy high quality components wherever my money allows me, and I can appreciate high quality at least when I feel I hear it.
So I'd like to kick off by echoing the fact that Franks customer service is first class, excellent communication and was very quick at answering any minor questions I had regarding the cable and the purchase, and there were many, as this was my first ever dive into custom cables, and I needed a lot of self convincing that shelling out £160 for a cable would be worth it. But after reading through this thread, and really wanting to get the most out of my IE80's I decided to take the plunge.
I received my cables yesterday (only a week after purchasing) and have had them running since I plugged them into my PC sound card. I decided to get the cable because I have ended up using my IE80's plugged direct into my sound card because the sound quality is just so much better than the gaming headset I was using before I got the IE80's, and I just thought that I would make the most out of them as I work primarily from home so I have access to all my music pretty much all day.
Right off the bat I gotta say these cables are gorgeous, you can see that Frank takes a great deal of pride in his work, it's wonderfully constructed and just looks great. Before setting up the Toxic cables I decided to have a good listen to some FLAC tracks which I always love listening to on my IE80's because I feel they really just sound epic on them;
- Archangel (Two Steps from Hell)
- Arrival of the birds (The Cinematic Orchestra - The Crimson Wing)
- A Way of Life (Hans Zimmer - Last Samurai OST)
Between the 3 of these tracks there is a wonderful mix of strings, percussion and some vocals. I listened to these 3 tracks for about an hour so I really had the soundstage clear in my head. So I then switched over to the Silver Poison cables and restarted the loop of tracks, one thing I immediately noticed was that I needed to beef up the volume a bit to get the same level I was previously listening to, at least that's how it felt, this wasn't a problem as the amplification on my soundcard (Asus Xonar D2) drives the IE80's very well anyway and I didn't need to max it out.
The first track which came on was Arrival of the birds, which has a very subtle start which eventually builds, no significant difference in quality at the start, but when it hits the 0:45 mark, I honestly felt a chill down the back of my neck, the sound felt more, for lack of a better word "full", the strings felt more complete and just more pronounced but not overly so (if that even makes sense), mids sounded wonderful and everything just seemed to come together a lot smoother, all the subtle nuances in the instruments came through that little bit better which just made the experience of the song just even greater.
Archangel is fast and intense right from the start, and again it just sounded, fuller.. I'm not talking night and day difference, but enough for someone like me to notice and really go, "whoa ok, don't remember that part of the song feeling like that before". Vocals are clear, and even in such a busy and intense song with so much going on, the vocals come through crystal clear sharp and pronounced.
A Way of Life is a very quiet track and stark contrast to Archangel, this is where I noticed only a small difference in quality, because the track is so very subtle I didn't pick up much of a difference in quality for this track personally, but maybe my eardrums were still recovering from the aural onslaught of the previous track. It still sounded wonderful though.
All in all, I am extremely happy with my purchase, they really brought out more from my IE80's, more than I was expecting. If you have a high end set of cans I would highly recommend getting these cables.
TL;DR = The cables are awesome, get a pair :D
- Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 42 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Final Heaven VI CG complete and minty 1 minute ago
- › [FS][AUS] Future Sonics FS1 earphones and Sony MDR-MC6 noise... 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › [WANTED] Sony Qualia 010 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 5 minutes ago
- › DSP Crossover Neurosis: Intervention Needed 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear