Good to hear Frank! It's been a looonnnng wait (6 months!) for my cable! :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 4/19/14 at 2:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 4/3/14 at 12:37am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Stock HD650 Cable Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:10am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Boutique HD650 cables PRICE DROP Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:26pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [Found] Stock HD650 cable with the 3.5mm adapter Last post on 12/15/13 at 12:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 459
For LCD2 I would really recommend the Silver Widow, to give the clarity a slight boost.
The difference between the stock and the SW cable is pretty significant.
Edited by Viper2005 - 7/5/14 at 5:49am
You can't go wrong with either. You will get increased clarity in the mids, while not losing the organic sig that you love in the LCD 2.
Depends, we have extra cables of everything being made in standard lengths, but these will be terminated after all my orders go out.
All i am asking is, anyone who is currently waiting for an order, please be paitent a little longer, all orders will go out this month without fail.
If you don't get reply to messages, it's not me ignoring anyone, it's me working non stop to make sure all my orders are clear, so i can go on holiday for the first time in 3 years.
Non standard orrders can still be taken, but might mean then being made after i get back.
No worries, Frank! I hope you have a good holiday! God knows you deserve a break!
I am sorry everyone, as my replies to messages have been worse then usual. I want to take a break next month, so i am completing all orders i have now, so if you are wondering about your order, it will ship this month, unless you was told otherwise.
All IEM cables are ready and being packed, excludes Venom. Headphone cables all ready, just the plugs on the amp end left to go on, so will start shipping next week.
Widow IEM cables coming with OM connectors soon, and a new cheaper silver litz IEM cables being made available.
But eeny weeny question... Do u think u will manage to finish my special venom before u go on ur welldeserved vacation?
My order number is 809. I ordered in February. I asked Frank not to send me the cables in June because I would be in Europe. I Emailed and PM ed Frank on June 21 and have not had a reply. Is he dead or incarcerated?
Read back a page or two. All will be explained.
I have both the Silver Poison and the Silver Widow.
You can use the 8-wire or 4-wire Silver Poison to save some money. They work great with the LCD2, improving transient, tightening the bass and expanding the soundstage, and most important of all, lifting that dark caramel coating.
For the ultimate cable (e.g. with the LCD3), try the 8-wire Silver Widow with silver-pin XLR.
The improvement of the Silver Poison over the stock cable is significant (say from 90 to 95%). There is a smaller difference in going from the Silver Poison to the 8-wire Silver Widow with silver-pin XLR (say from 95 to 97%) for nearly twice the price but that is normal. You have passed the point of diminishing return long ago when you bought the LCD2 so a small improvement in cable or amp will typically double or triple the price each time.
For example, you could be very happy pairing the LCD2 with the Vioelectric 200 or the Schiit Mjolnir amp (for about $1,000) but to get noticeable improvement in the sound, you may need the Bakoon HA-21 ($2,900) or the HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 ($3,000). For a killer bass you may have to go to the Woo WA5 with upgrade parts and tubes (around $4,500). It is the same with cables but the reverse is not always true. Price alone does not guaranty quality or improvement because it is a matter of matching your cans to the cable and amp.
Do your research carefully.
That is the reason why I think Frank's cables are the best "bargains" in this business. And I use the word carefully.
He is held prisoner until he finishes all the orders that we placed.
With good behavior, he will be released after three years of incarceration on parole (some call it vacation) in July.
But he will be back: he is a recidivist.
I have not tried a lot of cables apart from Cardas and Oyaide made. BUT I found Frank's cables are the best and the most value for the money and not to mention workmanship which IMHO is second to none.
That is why I have my 18AWG Scorpion and a BW for my 2 HD800s;
A BW for my HE500 and a SW for my LCD-X.
I am totally satisfied with all these cables from Frank.
- Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 10 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 29 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › DILEMMA: PORTABLE: TRANSPORT + AMP/DAC or GOOD DAP 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › meet in AZ 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)