Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 428

post #6406 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Yes it is..

My general rule is this:
With a brighter phone..get a BW (AKG, he400/500/he6, th900, hd800 and lcd3? Etc)
With a darker phone..get a SW. (Lcd 2.2, hd650 and lcd3?)

Also.l.with a warmer sounding Tube amp a SW could be better and with a more analytic SS amp the BW could be better on the other hand..but as always..its all personal!

So my 'BW peeps' here on this thread..pls jump in why the BW is so good, as we have a half-believer here, who still thinks silver is better then copper, but dont wanna admit it biggrin.gif

And somehow the BW didnt get the love it deserves until now..people think that a more expensive silver cable is always better the more affordable BW..but am glad that slowly people are seeing how good the BW really is... wink.gif

Ok ok I'll get the Black Widow. 

 

However Silver Poison isn't the Silver Widow. So now I'm confused :P

post #6407 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Ok ok I'll get the Black Widow. 

However Silver Poison isn't the Silver Widow. So now I'm confused :P

Lolz...i dont know how ur new phone will sound like or ur amp/dac..but i had my BW on the 337 and now on my new opamp based 'PaG' and on both it sounds stunning. (On the he500 and the code-x)

BTW: The silver poison is the little sis of the silver widow...u can find the technical difference out urself on headfi wink.gif
post #6408 of 7504
post #6409 of 7504
Quote:
Thanks my friend! This is most welcome. wink.gif

U have been MIA here a while! Bought anything new to keep u busy? biggrin.gif
post #6410 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 
Quote:
Thanks my friend! This is most welcome. wink.gif

U have been MIA here a while! Bought anything new to keep u busy? biggrin.gif

I just got the Femto clock upgrade for my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....Sweet! Otherwise things are super busy so I have been unable to play on Head-Fi like I normally would.

post #6411 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I just got the Femto clock upgrade for my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....Sweet! Otherwise things are super busy so I have been unable to play on Head-Fi like I normally would.
Sounds cool...u still have the huge Wyred 4 sound dac and upgraded it now?.so ur going to scout for dsd stuff now? I wanted to do that also for my amp, but gilbert told me to wait a bit, as its still not certain if it will be the next big thing in high quality sound, so in his opinion its not yet worth the money, but if i wanted he could upgrade my amp without problem..so i wait a while..i can always let it being retrofitted later anyway wink.gif

.good that things are busy on ur side..as long its manageable its good wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 4/10/14 at 7:33pm
post #6412 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I just got the Femto clock upgrade for my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....Sweet! Otherwise things are super busy so I have been unable to play on Head-Fi like I normally would.
Sounds cool..so ur going to scout for dsd stuff now? I wanted to do that also for my amp, but gilbert told me to wait a bit, as its still not certain if it will be the next big thing in high quality sound, so in his opinion its not yet worth the money, but if i wanted he could upgrade my amp without problem..so i wait a while..i can always let it being retrofitted later anyway wink.gif

.good that things are busy on ur side..as long its manageable its good wink.gif

I do like most of the DSD files I have and they compare favorably to the SACD's in the collection. The Femto clock's low jitter benefits are a plus to anything being played via USB. I am enjoying some Mark Knopfler in 26/96 atm and it is a sweet sound. Especially since I am listening on my HD800's with my Silver Widow cables...:D


Edited by longbowbbs - 4/11/14 at 5:39am
post #6413 of 7504

Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of Frank's cables for the Sennheiser Momentum? If so, do you think this would make any audible difference?

post #6414 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Yes it is..

My general rule is this:
With a brighter phone..get a BW (AKG, he400/500/he6, th900, hd800 and lcd3? Etc)
With a darker phone..get a SW. (Lcd 2.2, hd650 and lcd3?)

Also.l.with a warmer sounding Tube amp a SW could be better and with a more analytic SS amp the BW could be better on the other hand..but as always..its all personal!

So my 'BW peeps' here on this thread..pls jump in why the BW is so good, as we have a half-believer here, who still thinks silver is better then copper, but dont wanna admit it biggrin.gif

And somehow the BW didnt get the love it deserves until now..people think that a more expensive silver cable is always better the more affordable BW..but am glad that slowly people are seeing how good the BW really is... wink.gif

Apologies Paulo: been tied up all day. Yes, I agree: the BW is quite literally the dark horse amongst Frank's cables. It is organic and musical. With a nice sparkle in the trebles. In fact, I depart from Paulo in that I use the BW with "darker"'cans like HE-500 and the LCDs as well. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6415 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I just got the Femto clock upgrade for my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....Sweet! Otherwise things are super busy so I have been unable to play on Head-Fi like I normally would.

Ooh! DAC upgrade! I'm pondering a DAC upgrade from my trusty Benchmark DAC1 as well.... smily_headphones1.gif
post #6416 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I just got the Femto clock upgrade for my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....Sweet! Otherwise things are super busy so I have been unable to play on Head-Fi like I normally would.

Ooh! DAC upgrade! I'm pondering a DAC upgrade from my trusty Benchmark DAC1 as well.... smily_headphones1.gif

Lot's of great choices. I am completely satisfied with my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....

post #6417 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Lot's of great choices. I am completely satisfied with my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.....

I'm glad to hear that. I may be tempted to go for broke and get a end of game DAC: the Bricasti M1... smily_headphones1.gif
post #6418 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Apologies Paulo: been tied up all day. Yes, I agree: the BW is quite literally the dark horse amongst Frank's cables. It is organic and musical. With a nice sparkle in the trebles. In fact, I depart from Paulo in that I use the BW with "darker"'cans like HE-500 and the LCDs as well. smily_headphones1.gif
Aplogies kiats,

I used my BW' on my he500 with perfect effect biggrin.gif was a very good pair!!! But i dont believe the he500 to be dark..not even with the 337 i had tongue.gif
But on my code-x... Wonderful!

Am even wondering if the venom can improve this all in my rig over my custom BW i have now.redface.gif
post #6419 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeSwan View Post

Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of Frank's cables for the Sennheiser Momentum? If so, do you think this would make any audible difference?
Yes it does make a difference (depends on the cable how much) ..and yes he did make a cable already for that phone if i am not mistaken..pm frank and u will know wink.gif
post #6420 of 7504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeSwan View Post
 

Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of Frank's cables for the Sennheiser Momentum? If so, do you think this would make any audible difference?

I have the Silver Poison cable for Momentum on ear, it really helps to open the sound stage and gives you more details yet still very musical. I even doubt Frank using Sennheiser phones as sound reference to create Silver Poison. I am not very sure if SP is good to go with HD800 or HD700, but for HD650/600 or Momentum series I will stick to Silver Poison, but it's just me.:wink:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread