or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 407

post #6091 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleended58 View Post

Which Toxic Cable would make my He-400 to have less treble, sibilant and crispy details? Or do I need to switch to He-500? Please help.
My set up: RWA ipod 5.5G connected to ALO-Rxmk3B via ALO imod copper LOD/mini.
Headphone cable is Skuld4 of Norse Audio.


I'd say any of the pure copper ones. But for the cost of that you might as well sell your He-400, get a He-500 and THEN connect that one to a Black Widow or Copper Venom ;)

post #6092 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post


I'd say any of the pure copper ones. But for the cost of that you might as well sell your He-400, get a He-500 and THEN connect that one to a Black Widow or Copper Venom wink.gif

Thanks for the advice.
post #6093 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post


I'd say any of the pure copper ones. But for the cost of that you might as well sell your He-400, get a He-500 and THEN connect that one to a Black Widow or Copper Venom wink.gif
Yep i agree totally..and as the 560 is coming out u can get a sweet deal from the ones who want to sell their he500 to get a he560..so keep a look on the second hand section! And when u do have a he500... Get urself a BW 22AWG... U wont regret it!!

@Toxic Cables. Hey frank..u have some nice pics in ur mail from a certain very happy Black Widow, who found her soulmates biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 1:38pm
post #6094 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Yep i agree totally..and as the 560 is coming out u can get a sweet deal from the ones who want to sell their he500 to get a he560..so keep a look on the second hand section! And when u do have a he500... Get urself a BW 22AWG... U wont regret it!!

@Toxic Cables. Hey frank..u have some nice pics in ur mail from a certain very happy Black Widow, who found her soulmates biggrin.gif

How good is the 560 compared to 500?
post #6095 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleended58 View Post

How good is the 560 compared to 500?
No one knows yet..we dont even know if it is indeed so much better soundwise..comfortwise it will be a step up we understand.and easier to drive...but sound???
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 4:31pm
post #6096 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleended58 View Post


Thanks for the advice.

 

In addition to the BW, you may also want to try the Scorpion which is stranded copper. The BW has wider soundstage and slightly more sparkly. The Scorpion is less flamboyant but nonetheless very clear and smooth.

post #6097 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

No one knows yet..we dont even know if it is indeed so much better soundwise..comfortwise it will be a step up we understand.and easier to drive...but sound???

IMHO I would wait for the 560 then if I like it I will tell Frank to make a special Venom RC-4 (why is RC-4 btw?) though.
post #6098 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleended58 View Post

IMHO I would wait for the 560 then if I like it I will tell Frank to make a special Venom RC-4 (why is RC-4 btw?) though.
Its ur money biggrin.gif
RC-4 stands for 4wire as the small HE plugs cant provide for space to use 8wires of 18AWG (venom uses 18awg solid solid retangular wire).frank tried it for a customer with a HE phone and was not possible..thats why Its called RC-4..
the regular silver Venom is actually a 8 wire version as audeze uses mini xlr who do provide for the space needed.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 8:19pm
post #6099 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Its ur money biggrin.gif
RC-4 stands for 4wire as the small HE plugs cant provide for space to use 8wires of 18AWG (venom uses 18awg solid solid retangular wire).frank tried it for a customer with a HE phone and was not possible..thats why Its called RC-4..
the regular silver Venom is actually a 8 wire version as audeze uses mini xlr who do provide for the space needed.

I do like very much the superb sound of Toxic Cable especially the IEM WW and now SP and SW with Heir 4ai and UM Miracle but would like also to listen to the BW and/or Venom with the headphone. However,as Aman's advice it is not worth to spend that much money for he400. Therefore, I would spend money for the best after joining the meet in Costa Mesa Southern California next week.
post #6100 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleended58 View Post


I do like very much the superb sound of Toxic Cable especially the IEM WW and now SP and SW with Heir 4ai and UM Miracle but would like also to listen to the BW and/or Venom with the headphone. However,as Aman's advice it is not worth to spend that much money for he400. Therefore, I would spend money for the best after joining the meet in Costa Mesa Southern California next week.

 

Since you are going for a meeting, perhaps ask someone to bring a BW for hifiman and have a try when you are there. I have the HE-500 and I can tell you that it is stunning with the BW :atsmile: 

post #6101 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Since you are going for a meeting, perhaps ask someone to bring a BW for hifiman and have a try when you are there. I have the HE-500 and I can tell you that it is stunning with the BW atsmile.gif  
Yep i agree... And now also With the code-x he 5 that i have too
post #6102 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Yep i agree... And now also With the code-x he 5 that i have too

Unless the connector for the HE-400 is different, even if you get the BW now and decide to upgrade later, the BW would not be wasted. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6103 of 9356

Hifimanrookie, I reckon that if Frank were to have a competition on most posts in this thread, you would blitz the field & walk away with the prize without any doubt......:D

post #6104 of 9356
But you have to love hifimanrookie's enthusiasm and having quite a few Toxic Cables myself, I can understand why. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6105 of 9356

Rocking the HE-500s with the SPs and I'm quite sruprised how much more detailed the SP is over the Blue Dragon not to mention it looks great. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread