Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 380

post #5686 of 7484
Wow! My Silver Widow cable shipped last week Friday the 3rd and it arrived to my door today.. I can't believe how quickly it got here! And that was with Royal Air Mail to Winnipeg Canada. Going to burn it in now!




Edited by Viper2005 - 1/9/14 at 5:56pm
post #5687 of 7484

Just a quick pic of a cable I made using the cable frank posted up that is £0.50 per foot, very flexible but I managed to get a fairly consistent braid. aprox 6ft HD6XX cable.

Hope you don't mind me posting this here frank, as it is only to show the cable you were offering for a low price.

 

post #5688 of 7484

A newbie with Toxic Cables here and, no surprise, a hearty word (or several) of appreciation for Frank and his work. I ordered two cables, the Silver Poison for the LCD-XC and the Silver Widow for the Senn HD650. The XC sounds more open now with very sweet treble while retaining the punch at the bottom end. I've had two 4 hour sessions the last two days and time just flew.

 

I've not spent much time at all with the Senn but plan on doing so over the weekend. Great work, Frank.

post #5689 of 7484
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

A newbie with Toxic Cables here and, no surprise, a hearty word (or several) of appreciation for Frank and his work. I ordered two cables, the Silver Poison for the LCD-XC and the Silver Widow for the Senn HD650. The XC sounds more open now with very sweet treble while retaining the punch at the bottom end. I've had two 4 hour sessions the last two days and time just flew.

 

I've not spent much time at all with the Senn but plan on doing so over the weekend. Great work, Frank.

 

Curious as to why you went for the lesser cable with the better phone and the better cable with the HD650?

 

Both great cables though, enjoy  :biggrin: 

post #5690 of 7484

Anyone else have communication issues with Frank? Seems like a nice guy an all and alot of people praise him for how fast he responds to peoples queries and that was certainly the case wednesday night , I then went a head and purchased a cable from him thursday morning (which he said was ready to be shipped right away as he knew i needed it asap as i currently am without the use of my headphones untili receive it) But since paying him,I havent heard a word since, its been 48 hours now and still no reply nor any email to say the cable has been shipped or its on its way etc 

 

Iam sure he's busy or whatever but slightly pee'd off because its likely i wont have the cable as soon as expected now!! 

post #5691 of 7484

Frank does not sit by the computer responding to messages. Toxic is always inconsistent with their delivery times. However, once you get the cable it is all good. Patience is key.

post #5692 of 7484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaalad12 View Post

Anyone else have communication issues with Frank? Seems like a nice guy an all and alot of people praise him for how fast he responds to peoples queries and that was certainly the case wednesday night , I then went a head and purchased a cable from him thursday morning (which he said was ready to be shipped right away as he knew i needed it asap as i currently am without the use of my headphones untili receive it) But since paying him,I havent heard a word since, its been 48 hours now and still no reply nor any email to say the cable has been shipped or its on its way etc 

Iam sure he's busy or whatever but slightly pee'd off because its likely i wont have the cable as soon as expected now!! 
Sent him a pm with in subject 'awaiting urgently on new cable' ..am sure that will help..he is indeed very busy by the way and gets lots of mails as u can imagine. Good luck with it.
post #5693 of 7484
Don't worry. Franks shipping is lightning fast!
I also didn't get a tracking number or anything either, but I got a PM from Frank 2 days after it shipped..
It only took 6 days to get it from UK to central Canada, which is amazing for mail service. smily_headphones1.gif
post #5694 of 7484

Ah thats good to hear guys, Iam admittedly incredibly impatient haha I just thought that he seemed to float around here alot so when i didnt hear anything in 48 hours i was wondering was something wrong!! He did seem like a sound guy when we spoke i have to say, I just wish my cable was on its way now lol 

 

Oh well, hopefully this beauty arrives next week, iam lost without my headphones!! 

post #5695 of 7484

If you want 24h customer service, expect to pay more for your cables. It's that simple.

Toxic Cables' prices are so low because 99% of Franks money and 100% of his passion go into the cables, nowhere else. So yes, there will be communication issues and you will have to wait for replies and all that. But what you get in the end is astonishing craftmanship and material quality at an insanely low price.

post #5696 of 7484
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post
 

If you want 24h customer service, expect to pay more for your cables. It's that simple.

Toxic Cables' prices are so low because 99% of Franks money and 100% of his passion go into the cables, nowhere else. So yes, there will be communication issues and you will have to wait for replies and all that. But what you get in the end is astonishing craftmanship and material quality at an insanely low price.

 

Now iam even more exited haha I only really ordered it because i needed it , but i have read alot of people saying his cables are so good they even improve the sound to some degree which personally i would of been skeptical about , really looking forward to testing this cable when i get it :) 

post #5697 of 7484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaalad12 View Post

Now iam even more exited haha I only really ordered it because i needed it , but i have read alot of people saying his cables are so good they even improve the sound to some degree which personally i would of been skeptical about , really looking forward to testing this cable when i get it smily_headphones1.gif 
Trust me and the already 1000sends who has one of his cables...his cables are worth it...even worse...once u get toxicated u wont turn to any other brand anymore ( i am on my third cable now)..as far i can see the toxic buyers are just as loyal as rolls royce owners for their own brand...in japan honda (r types) has the same kind of loyal followers..its almost a cult! biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/10/14 at 2:30pm
post #5698 of 7484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaalad12 View Post
 

 

Now iam even more exited haha I only really ordered it because i needed it , but i have read alot of people saying his cables are so good they even improve the sound to some degree which personally i would of been skeptical about , really looking forward to testing this cable when i get it :) 

That's the whole point of buying aftermarket cables :D and better durability.

post #5699 of 7484
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post

That's the whole point of buying aftermarket cables biggrin.gif and better durability.
And ofcourse sexiness!! biggrin.gif
post #5700 of 7484

Wahey, Frank just messaged me now, I had hoped it would be shipped today but he's shipping it monday so hopefully it does ship monday because if it does i should have it next week ;) If i have to wait any longer i honestly think ill go insane ha 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread