Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 365

post #5461 of 7284

Afternoon people. 

 

I need a little advice please....

 

I will be re cabling my iGrado's with a Single ended Silver poison once they're back from Grado with a new headband.

The Silver poison is currently terminated for Sennheiser IE8's.

I know Frank is MEGA busy at the moment so thought I would ask the gang for some help...

 

How do I know which is + and which is - on the wires with it being all the same colour etc???

post #5462 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post
 

Afternoon people. 

 

I need a little advice please....

 

I will be re cabling my iGrado's with a Single ended Silver poison once they're back from Grado with a new headband.

The Silver poison is currently terminated for Sennheiser IE8's.

I know Frank is MEGA busy at the moment so thought I would ask the gang for some help...

 

How do I know which is + and which is - on the wires with it being all the same colour etc???

Sharpie the wires, then cut them off in between where you have colored, you can then check which is which from the jack to the end of the cable with a continuity tester. This way, you also know which of those wires go to the drivers, then sharpie somewhere on the driver, and remove the soldered wire.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 12/16/13 at 7:02am

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #5463 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

Sorry for off topic.. 

 

Frank your picture are mostly under exposed ( too dark ), since you are using Nikon D90, just a quick tips to make the image brighter. There is +/- sign on the right of the on off switch. You can press then and rotate the dial to make it + value, it should change from +0.3, 0.7, 1.0,1.3,.... just increase to +1.0 and take a shot you will see if it's bright enough, just reduce or increase the value according brightness. You might encounter blur picture as increasing the value mean it's slow down the shuttle speed, just increase the ISO value i think 3200 should be fine since the picture size are so small for web use. Hope to see more nice picture from you.

Thanks mate, will adjust my camera with those and see what i get.

 

Those above were taken some time ago, i recently adjusted the settings and came up with his. I think it's better :wink:

 


Edited by Toxic Cables - 12/16/13 at 7:33am

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #5464 of 7284
Nice!
post #5465 of 7284

Hey guys,

 

Here is my review on the new Toxic Budged Silver cable:

 

http://headmania.org/2013/12/16/toxic-cables-budged-series/

post #5466 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

Hey guys,

 

Here is my review on the new Toxic Budged Silver cable:

 

http://headmania.org/2013/12/16/toxic-cables-budged-series/

Awesome, thanks for taking the time out to write it Dan.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #5467 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

Awesome, thanks for taking the time out to write it Dan.

No problem, it was a fun to write :)


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 12/16/13 at 7:58am
post #5468 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

Hey guys,

Here is my review on the new Toxic Budged Silver cable:

http://headmania.org/2013/12/16/toxic-cables-budged-series/
Welldone dan..excellent written..i read ít with interest.. Price is right also..this will be a killer if frank can keep that price!
This is the perfect cable for the budgetminded guys under us..like the emotiva guys..who want lots for little money..

dan..maybe u can post this shortcut on the he500thread..as i am sure there are lots of people there looking for good quality for low prices.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/16/13 at 10:57am
post #5469 of 7284

Silver Widow's Treble extend and sparkle more than the silver poison right? or? about the difference between the two, slight change or subtle?

post #5470 of 7284

Great review Dan, well described & loved the pictures. Enjoyed reading.

post #5471 of 7284

Don't worry Shini, you ordered the right cable for your needs. When it arrives Im sure your going to be very happy.

post #5472 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Welldone dan..excellent written..i read ít with interest.. Price is right also..this will be a killer if frank can keep that price!
This is the perfect cable for the budgetminded guys under us..like the emotiva guys..who want lots for little money..

dan..maybe u can post this shortcut on the he500thread..as i am sure there are lots of people there looking for good quality for low prices.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post
 

Great review Dan, well described & loved the pictures. Enjoyed reading.

 

 

Thank you guys. Glad you enjoyed it!

 

hifimanrookie, feel free to post the review on that thread. I have never heard HE500 and I have no idea how it would pair up with the new silver cable :)

post #5473 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post
 

Don't worry Shini, you ordered the right cable for your needs. When it arrives Im sure your going to be very happy.

using the Miracle with WA7 (upgraded tubes) , the mids still not what i want it to be, i know the stock tubes got more mids but they do suck the treble out!! , hope the cable will be capable of changing this, even the Treble isn't this sparkly atm it does just extend on the miracle but not enough extension too. 

a lot of cables gives a subtle change, hope the SW is bigger than this :3

post #5474 of 7284
Interesting, do you still make the anthrax cable?
post #5475 of 7284

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread