or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 334

post #4996 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.
Hey kittycat!
Did u had the chance to compare a bw with a he500 compared to the sw?
post #4997 of 9362

The SW sounds awesome!

Seems like a direct upgrade over the SP. 

post #4998 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

 

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.

me gusta, I like my Silver Hybrid HE  Cable, I DID notice more treble with the silver but... it was controled and a little smoother. not to mention the bass was a little better textured and deeper. The mids how ever didn't change to much, but the HE 400 has linear mids so go figure [that and who listens to MIDS in edm pfff ] 

post #4999 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

me gusta, I like my Silver Hybrid HE  Cable, I DID notice more treble with the silver but... it was controled and a little smoother. not to mention the bass was a little better textured and deeper. The mids how ever didn't change to much, but the HE 400 has linear mids so go figure [that and who listens to MIDS in edm pfff ] 

Silver is normally associated with more treble but not really on Frank's cables. 

The bass on Frank's SP is much more impactful than the stock cable. 

post #5000 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

 

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.

Totally agree with this. 

EDIT: Just realised that this is the 5000th post! :) Good to see this thread moving along so well. 


Edited by lin0003 - 10/12/13 at 3:30pm
post #5001 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.
Hey kittycat!
Did u had the chance to compare a bw with a he500 compared to the sw?

I have not auditioned a BW yet. All silver all the time around here...:D

post #5002 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Silver is normally associated with more treble but not really on Frank's cables. 

The bass on Frank's SP is much more impactful than the stock cable. 

Still treble and bass where the first improvements on noted on my HE 400, the treble was not brighter... but it was... it stood out more in a positive way. Better air and a little more extention. It was an improvement! 

post #5003 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Still treble and bass where the first improvements on noted on my HE 400, the treble was not brighter... but it was... it stood out more in a positive way. Better air and a little more extention. It was an improvement! 

Yeah, the treble doesn't become harsher, just more detailed and sharper. Frank really has turned me into a cable believer. 

post #5004 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Yeah, the treble doesn't become harsher, just more detailed and sharper. Frank really has turned me into a cable believer. 

exactly, thankfully Im half blind, cant' smell much of anything and can taste much either so GUESS WHAT I can hear and feel pretty well... seems my body figured out the other 3 sense are pretty much shot, so it's time to start lettin em die xD [my vision has stablized for the moment] 

post #5005 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

 

EDIT: Just realised that this is the 5000th post! :) 

As your profile shows only IEM's, the latest IEM cable is the BW, let me know what termination you want :ksc75smile: 

 

On the 6000th post and any further thousandths post, i will pick a post at random from the last 1000, rather then the person that posts that particular post.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 11/20/13 at 3:42pm
post #5006 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

As your profile shows only IEM's, the latest IEM cable is the BW, let me know what termination you want :ksc75smile:

Wow, thanks so much!

YGPM. 

post #5007 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

 

Man, this looks awesome!

post #5008 of 9362

Congrats!  

 

:beerchug:

post #5009 of 9362
Justin case people think a BW sounds dark... I can tell u with the he500 it gives the perfect balance between highs and lows.... For a hd650 or any other darker sounding can (audeze) a SW would maybe be better... As the SW must for sure be brighter then the BW (copper) ..in my case i have doubts if the SW would give my he500 a better balance in soundsignature then my 22AWG BW..i have a few friends and my wife (as U know i cant visit live concerts as my ears are to sensitive so i dont have first hand experience) who tend to regulary visit lots of live concerts of their likings..and most of them are stunned how 'real' and genuine the voices of the same artists sound on my he500 (live lossless recordings ofcourse!).. So am guessing a SW would be a bit to much in my rig..but as i said..i still have to compare a SW (25,5AWG) or VIRUS (BW+SW 26AWG?) to my BW...maybe one day redface.gif

FOR THE RECORD..i am talking about the BW of frank... Before this cable (is my second BW) i had three other copper cables of premium brands..and they did sound very dark and very bassy... This is first copper cable i ever heard which doesnt really sound like a copper cable...as its not darksounding at all!

FRANK??U DIDNT PUT SOME SILVER IN THE BW RIGHT???? Like u put gold into ur SW making it sound warmer? And less cold????

And another thing..compared to the SW,VIRUS,HYBRID ..the standard 4wire 22AWG version is much much much cheaper if u get the clear sleeved version...lolz.

So frank..prove me wrong (that 8wire bw is not best for he500) and let me try a SW or the VIRUS to see if they actually are better choice for my he500... In december i will be having an amp that will be ruthless for anything that isnt sounding right and will show any difference in source or any part of my system when changing some..so it would be the perfect test bench..and u know me..i am very honest in what i hear..no pink clouds Over my words.. Just the painful truth..TO MY EARS OFCOURSE biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 10/12/13 at 5:50pm
post #5010 of 9362
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Justin case people think a BW sounds dark... I can tell u with the he500 it gives the perfect balance between highs and lows.... For a hd650 or any other darker sounding can (audeze) a SW would maybe be better... As the SW must for sure be brighter then the BW (copper) ..in my case i have doubts if the SW would give my he500 a better balance in soundsignature then my 22AWG BW..i have a few friends and my wife (as U know i cant visit live concerts as my ears are to sensitive so i dont have first hand experience) who tend to regulary visit lots of live concerts of their likings..and most of them are stunned how 'real' and genuine the voices of the same artists sound on my he500 (live lossless recordings ofcourse!).. So am guessing a SW would be a bit to much in my rig..but as i said..i still have to compare a SW (25,5AWG) or VIRUS (BW+SW 26AWG?) to my BW...maybe one day redface.gif

FOR THE RECORD..i am talking about the BW of frank... Before this cable (is my second BW) i had three other copper cables of premium brands..and they did sound very dark and very bassy... This is first copper cable i ever heard which doesnt really sound like a copper cable...as its not darksounding at all!

FRANK??U DIDNT PUT SOME SILVER IN THE BW RIGHT???? Like u put gold into ur SW making it sound warmer? And less cold????

 

Bro, no offense. Fewer dots would help reading your posts.

 

But you're right in what you say. The Hifiman go well with copper cables. And also Virus, but that's just gut feeling as I've not heard one on the Hifiman. I would never use copper on the Audeze, unless the downstream system is out of whack in relation to reference.


Edited by negura - 10/12/13 at 5:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread