Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 325

post #4861 of 7522

thanks, looked over his profile.

post #4862 of 7522

Actually i got confused by the price list, it had big different when i got the actual price from Frank. I guess the price are not included labour cost and connector cost?

post #4863 of 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

Actually i got confused by the price list, it had big different when i got the actual price from Frank. I guess the price are not included labour cost and connector cost?

 

Could you tell me what quote you got and exactly what it was for, because the quote should not have been any different from the prices on the profile.

 

I can see you ordered a JH-3A cable, the JH-3A cable would cost more then any standard IEM cable and there is good reason for this. It needs more materials and work/time to build then the standard IEM cable.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 10/3/13 at 12:00pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #4864 of 7522
Ic. So my guess is correct. smily_headphones1.gif hope I will get the cable on time. Pray .. lol
post #4865 of 7522

gather around headfi peeps...hear ya hear ya...important news..fresh from the press...hear ya hear ya!!

 

as i was doing my stuff i came acros a big advertsiment about the forthcoming CanJam in boston.and this youtube clip was hosted by our beloved Jude himself..so as u all know i am hungering for news from hifiman..so i started watching....BUT NOTHING...HELLO mr.FANG wake up!!!

audeze is slapping u around the ears with two new higher end headphones..and quoting Jude: I will certainly order one soon.. and to be honest they do look yummy the closed one and the lcd-x (the open one).
.and when i thought to fastforward i saw a cable i know.around the 20min point..it was a Toxic cables cable on the most left (from Jude) on the table..and my jaw fell on the floor when he actually mentioned TOXIC CABLES..saying he uses this cable for his headphones...and after that he also mentions cardas a bit vagely..(if i am not mistaken)..

sooooo..what better advertisement u want? and if he uses franks cables...then u can bet ur life on it its among the best cables u can buy..or else Jude wouldnt even use it and not think about mentioning Toxic cables on this very important clip... this is just one more confirmation that frank is doing great work with his cables...well done frank... and yeah i know...  maybe i shouldnt mention it...sooo frank..if i go to far with this...say so ok? i will delete this post then... enjoy the clip...and damn..those cavalli amps look yummy and those dual mono blocks of woo audio..FOR HEADPHONES!! how crazy is that?? lolz

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja7NE3XwuMs


Edited by hifimanrookie - 10/4/13 at 4:24pm
post #4866 of 7522

2 new headphones from Audez'e is awesome. I have already emailed Audez'e to find out when they come out.  They look beautiful, especially the closed one.

 

The X is certainly getting some great feedback, from those who have heard it. Can't wait.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 10/4/13 at 4:39pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #4867 of 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

2 new headphones from Audez'e is awesome. I have already emailed Audez'e to find out when they come out.  They look beautiful, especially the closed one.

 

The X is certainly getting some great feedback, from those who have heard it. Can't wait.

 

+1 The hype's definitely got going among myself and friends. :)

 

I was just about to sell my Silver Widows as I no longer have the LCD-3s then comes this. Just a reminder of how great of a retainer investement these cables are. :) 

 

Btw Frank which cable is that Jude uses on the LCD-X? Virus?


Edited by negura - 10/4/13 at 5:24pm
post #4868 of 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

 

+1 The hype's definitely got going among myself and friends. :)

 

I was just about to sell my Silver Widows as I no longer have the LCD-3s then comes this. Just a reminder of how great of a retainer investement these cables are. :) 

 

Btw Frank which cable is that Jude uses on the LCD-X? Virus?

 

+2 

 

I am really curious about both headphones, but more about LCD-X....Will they be better than 3?....Are they in between? Just different?....replacing the lcd3?....etc 


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 10/4/13 at 5:33pm
post #4869 of 7522

Recently placed an order for a bunch of Silver Widows:

 

-the HD650 cable (6ft) terminated to an RSA/ALO balanced plug

-a RSA/ALO balanced plug (female) -> 1/8'' mini (male) single-ended adapter (to use the HD650 cable w/ single-ended mini jacks)

-an RSA/ALO balanced mini-to-mini portable interconnect (to connect the CLAS -dB with one of the RSA/ALO balanced amps)

 

Also, I originally placed an order for the famous Silver Poison USB LOD (30-pin to USB mini-A) to connect my iPhone to the CLAS -dB, but upgraded it to a Silver Widow USB LOD instead. During that time, I was convinced of upgrading my stock HD650 cable and also ordering the required equipment to use with an RSA/ALO balanced amp (now all I need to do is save up and buy the ALO MKIII-B+, lol.)

 

The cost of the cables came out close to the price of a brand new ALO MKIII-B+ amp, although I hope it'll be worth it in the end :D.

 

I hope the cables don't take too long to make, kinda excited :) Don't know whether or not to purchase the amp now or later/within a few weeks (closer to the estimated time for the cables to be finished) though. I also purchased new HD650 earpads and the "Replacement Upgrade Headband" sold on Amazon by AUDIO EQUIP (it's a cheap-but-decent faux-leather pad that fits nicely on the HD650 headband; it feels pretty comfy) to replace the inner foam driver-cover/squashed earpads and the squashed headband foam (literally, the stock HD650 headband foam padding seems to have dissolved/disappeared) and prep my HD650s for the new cables, lol.

 

Have been thinking about also ordering replacement HD650 drivers (part #092855) as another refurbishment/semi-upgrade (especially if Sennheiser is selling the "new" silver drivers for the HD650 parts now), since my HD650 drivers are the 'older' version, although they work fine except for being a little dusty/dirty on the inside due to some minor pieces of the old disintegrated inner driver-foam.

 

Either way, pretty excited for the cables. Good time to upgrade my gear and invest in those RSA/ALO balanced plugs for my CLAS -dB source, I think :P


Edited by refault - 10/5/13 at 12:57am
post #4870 of 7522

Just go ahead and purchase amp, it will get some burn in happening

 Then you can experience that feeling you get (WoW moment ) when we replace the stock cable with the Toxic ....:D 

post #4871 of 7522

Hey everyone,

 

First time poster here, forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place!

 

I've owned a pair of TF10's for some time, but am guilty of shunning them a bit simply because the cable, specifically the ergonomics and feel of it, are so poor.

 

It dawned on me that it was about time I rectified that problem, and with it hopefully also improved the sound quality. Having researched a bit, I've narrowed choices, and Toxic are at the top of the list... the reviews on this thread are consistently brilliant, and Frank seems actively involved with the community. I've emailed about the lead time, so I eagerly await that response.

 

In the mean time I wanted some advice... it seems that by default there is no over ear 'wire' with the Toxic cables for the TF10's. I've read various posts, basically saying that you can then wear them hanging 'normally' instead (and also I believe one from Frank saying he could add that wire if necessary).

 

Seeing as I'm so used to wearing the headset over ear, I just wanted to get advice from people who have perhaps used the Toxic cable with the TF10's, if wearing them dangling down is comfortable, and if it's therefore worth trying to get the over ear wire built in or not.

 

Regards,

 

Nick.

post #4872 of 7522
Is Toxic wire supplied by bulk vendor or is it manufactured by Toxic from raw material to final product?
post #4873 of 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Is Toxic wire supplied by bulk vendor or is it manufactured by Toxic from raw material to final product?

 

Also Interested in the answer

post #4874 of 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post

Also Interested in the answer
Why is that interesting? Its the endproduct what matters..do u ask the same thing about any other product u buy?? How emotiva gets its metal for the enclosure? Do they bent it themelves?

So I dont get this question to be honest..but on the other hand..if u followed this thread a bit u should know the answer as frank mentioned it many times before...And as far i know...NOT one other cable manufacturer that i know of uses raw (metals) material....all manufacturers have a supplier of their wires. And they do their stuff with it... The raw cables (if thats what u mean) gets delievered to the cable manufacturer..they stand/ do their magic stuff to it.. in their way...they dont get a single block of metal (copper/silver)..to work with as far i know.... biggrin.gif
post #4875 of 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Why is that interesting? Its the endproduct what matters..do u ask the same thing about any other product u buy?? How emotiva gets its metal for the enclosure? Do they bent it themelves?

So I dont get this question to be honest..but on the other hand..if u followed this thread a bit u should know the answer as frank mentioned it many times before...And as far i know...NOT one other cable manufacturer that i know of uses raw (metals) material....all manufacturers have a supplier of their wires. And they do their stuff with it... The raw cables (if thats what u mean) gets delievered to the cable manufacturer..they stand/ do their magic stuff to it.. in their way...they dont get a single block of metal (copper/silver)..to work with as far i know.... biggrin.gif

 

i think its a valid question, to know how something comes about, we dont expect someone to reveil all their secrets but interesting to know if the MFG are taking more of a hands on approach to their product vs having other mfg involved....obviously we know frank does take a hands on approach as he makes all the finished products by hand. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread