or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 304

post #4546 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvo614 View Post

Now i cant find frank


Huh? confused.gif

post #4547 of 9356
Franks been gone for 3 days
post #4548 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvo614 View Post

Franks been gone for 3 days

It feels like the 1000th time, but here we go:

 

Frank is super-busy. Toxic Cables is basically run by him alone and some helpers. He's a perfectionist whose work is among the best you can get for the money. A lot of people order from him, and on top of that he also has a family. Needless to say he hardly gets any sleep. He shows up on head-fi as often as he can, but I guess everyone can understand that his top priority is to finish all those cables and send them out to the waiting customers.

post #4549 of 9356
Hahahh....yea im trying to get his attention here
post #4550 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvo614 View Post

Hahahh....yea im trying to get his attention here

 

Just be patient. I observed that Frank will normally reply to PM and e-mails about once in a week. He is too busy in making cables. You may wish to know that I had been waited for about 200 days before I got his wonderful SW for my HD800. It is worth a wait, no regret at all !!!
post #4551 of 9356
I was always dubious as to whether there was any truth in the notion that silver cables really do improve treble, but I just plugged the Silver Poison into my LCD-2 this morning and my god they do. It's instantly noticeable! I can hear all kinds of things that I wasn't hearing with the stock cable. Very impressed!
post #4552 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

I was always dubious as to whether there was any truth in the notion that silver cables really do improve treble, but I just plugged the Silver Poison into my LCD-2 this morning and my god they do. It's instantly noticeable! I can hear all kinds of things that I wasn't hearing with the stock cable. Very impressed!


Matches my experience with the Arsenic, which is of the same "branch" of cables, as it also contains silver and gold. Silver in general is excellent for the LCD-2.2!

post #4553 of 9356
Now I'm satisfied that cables do make a difference, the only remaining audiophile bone of contention for me is bit rates and sampling frequencies. I still cannot tell the difference between 16/44 and 24/192.

BTW, does your Toxic Cable have anything on it to indicate which is L and which is R?
post #4554 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Now I'm satisfied that cables do make a difference, the only remaining audiophile bone of contention for me is bit rates and sampling frequencies. I still cannot tell the difference between 16/44 and 24/192.

BTW, does your Toxic Cable have anything on it to indicate which is L and which is R?


I don't have my cable at hand right now. If there are no "L" and "R" on the plugs, then there should be a colour that indicates the channel. If it's black/white, black is right as far as I know. If it's red/white or red/black, red is right. As far as my understanding of colour markings goes, it's "the stronger colour is right". I may be wrong though.

post #4555 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post


I don't have my cable at hand right now. If there are no "L" and "R" on the plugs, then there should be a colour that indicates the channel. If it's black/white, black is right as far as I know. If it's red/white or red/black, red is right. As far as my understanding of colour markings goes, it's "the stronger colour is right". I may be wrong though.

I hope red is right because thats where I have always been plugging it!

post #4556 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

I hope red is right because thats where I have always been plugging it!


What's funny about that is that it doesn't matter. Unless you were there at the live concert or the recording session and remember exactly who stood where and from which directions the different sounds hit your ear it's completely irrelevant. It's important for studio engineers and such so that they connect their studio gear the right way. For them it's of course very important! wink.gif


Edited by AManAnd88Keys - 8/28/13 at 5:45am
post #4557 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post


What's funny about that is that it doesn't matter. Unless you were there at the live concert or the recording session and remember exactly who stood where and from which directions the different sounds hit your ear it's completely irrelevant. It's important for studio engineers and such so that they connect their studio gear the right way. For them it's of course very important! wink.gif

Your probably right it would just bug me knowing I have had it opposite this whole time.

 

OCD kicking in....basshead.gif

post #4558 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

Your probably right it would just bug me knowing I have had it opposite this whole time.

OCD kicking in....basshead.gif
Easy solution..connect ur headphone to an amp which has individual left-right volume control (337/339)or balance control (any Speaker amp in the world) and then put one level/side on zero..

.if ur volume level is zero on right side on the amp but u still hear music on right side of headphone...then ur connectors are mixed up...u just have to switch the connectors on ur headphone then. ...easy peasy... biggrin.gif
post #4559 of 9356

For all my older cables that have the white and black markings, the white is right and black left.  For the cables shipping now and the last few months that don't have the black/white, they should all have L/R markings on them other then the HD6XX connectors and in this case, the red connector is right and the left black.

 

Will try and go through some message tonight, but doubt i will have time to do all, so everyone can expect a reply by tomorrow. Apologies for the late replies.

post #4560 of 9356
There you are!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread