or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 27

post #391 of 9478
This is actually the first DAC I've ever bought, apart from the portable CLAS. I'm expecting a big difference.
post #392 of 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post

 

You are going to be in for a REAL treat. 

 

That said, I need to pick up some toxic cables for myself someday. 

Rumor has it that Frank is still accepting orders...That is what I heard...wink.gif

post #393 of 9478

As promised here is a few pictures of the 8-wire hybrid IEM cable. Sorry about the quality, I'm no photographer biggrin.gif

 

The cable came in a classy storage box!

 

Amp-straps included!

 

 

 

 

 

I plan on doing a review as well as a comparison with the Whiplash Audio 8-wire hybrid. The cable is currently with head-fi user Sorensiim who wanted to try out a few different cables and hopefully he can contribute with his thoughts on this cable and it's synergy with his Heir 8.A

post #394 of 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

As promised here is a few pictures of the 8-wire hybrid IEM cable. Sorry about the quality, I'm no photographer biggrin.gif

 

The cable came in a classy storage box!

 

Amp-straps included!

 

 

 

 

 

I plan on doing a review as well as a comparison with the Whiplash Audio 8-wire hybrid. The cable is currently with head-fi user Sorensiim who wanted to try out a few different cables and hopefully he can contribute with his thoughts on this cable and it's synergy with his Heir 8.A

Gorgeous!  What IEM are you using with them?

post #395 of 9478

I'm using them with the JH16. I also have a set of reshelled TF10 and while it may not make much sense speaking about cable synergy between a premium cable and a budget CIEM I think I might still write down a bit about that in case it's relevant to anyone. redface.gif

post #396 of 9478

Thanks for the pictures, Staal. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

post #397 of 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
It's the Silver plated copper cable that I have my friend, I'll be buying the Silver Poison sometime in the future. But if it is better than the SPC then I'll be very happy indeed thanks! beerchug.gif

 

Yes, but I'm still relieved that you possess the experienced ears with which to discern an improvement over the stock Audeze cables.  (I'm always disappointed when someone says they can't hear a difference that I can easily hear.)

 

Thanks!

 

Mike

post #398 of 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

 

Yes, but I'm still relieved that you possess the experienced ears with which to discern an improvement over the stock Audeze cables.  (I'm always disappointed when someone says they can't hear a difference that I can easily hear.)

 

Thanks!

 

Mike

 

Thanks and same here, for me a good cable is as important as any part of the audio chain. Why anyone would spend a fortune on fantastic state of the art amps, dacs and headphones etc.. only to use cheap poor quality cables to carry the all important signal is beyond me.   

post #399 of 9478

For those in the UK, i thought i would post this here, i hope i am not breaking any forum rules doing so. UK 2012 head-fi meet.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601003/uk-2012-head-fi-meet-september-15th-cambridgeshire

post #400 of 9478

 I am pleased to say my Silver Poison IEM cables are on their way but they seem to be on a tour of europe.. Tracking says they have gone from the U.K to Paris and then back to the U.K.

 

 I hope the site seeing is good... No problem though..

post #401 of 9478
post #402 of 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post

 I am pleased to say my Silver Poison IEM cables are on their way but they seem to be on a tour of europe.. Tracking says they have gone from the U.K to Paris and then back to the U.K.

 

 I hope the site seeing is good... No problem though..

Maybe they will take pictures of the trip...very_evil_smiley.gif

post #403 of 9478
Quote:

Nicely done Kunlun! We are both experiencing the same benefits from the SP's!

post #404 of 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post

 I am pleased to say my Silver Poison IEM cables are on their way but they seem to be on a tour of europe.. Tracking says they have gone from the U.K to Paris and then back to the U.K.

 

 I hope the site seeing is good... No problem though..

 

Don't you now we have to run everything pass the EU nowadays.  wink_face.gif

post #405 of 9478

   No sense of direction whatsoever... Don't they know Australia is south....tongue_smile.gif

 

 

Timestamp Description Details
29/08/2012 04:27:00 In transit - PARIS FR  
29/08/2012 04:01:00 Departed FedEx location - PARIS FR  
29/08/2012 03:00:00 Arrived at FedEx location - PARIS FR  
29/08/2012 03:00:00 In transit - PARIS FR  
28/08/2012 19:00:00 Arrived at FedEx location - PARIS FR  
28/08/2012 09:12:00 In transit - POYLE GB  
28/08/2012 06:42:00 In transit - POYLE GB  
28/08/2012 00:58:00 In transit - STANSTED GB  
27/08/2012 23:45:00 In transit - STANSTED GB  
27/08/2012 21:13:00 In transit - STANSTED GB  
27/08/2012 15:30:00 In transit - STANSTED GB  
25/08/2012 23:18:00 Departed FedEx location - PARIS FR  
25/08/2012 22:41:00 In transit - PARIS FR  
25/08/2012 19:43:00 Arrived at FedEx location - PARIS FR  
25/08/2012 10:15:00 In transit - STANSTED GB  
24/08/2012 19:05:00 Left FedEx origin facility - BECKTON GB  
24/08/2012 17:29:00 In transit - BECKTON GB  
24/08/2012 13:09:00 Picked up - BECKTON GB  
22/08/2012 14:19:11 Shipment information sent to FedEx  
 
  A week of going around in circles....   Not Franks fault at all of course but it is amusing... That is as long as it eventually arrives here...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread