or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 253

post #3781 of 9356

I am also interested in thicker wire (smaller AWG) for DIY, either OCC Copper (Scorpion ?) or SP-OCC Copper (Viper ?).

 

@Frank, when you have time, send me a PM in response to the one I wrote you last week.


Edited by Von Soundcard - 5/27/13 at 11:29am
post #3782 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiojam View Post

What do you mean, in stock?  I didn't think there were any cables in stock.  If there are, I'd really like to know.

I had a few Scorpion IEM cables ready to go, they are all sold now. As i make all my IEM cable orders in a single batch, i usually make a few extra, and these are what was left.

 

I think i have a Viper CIEM cable currently ready to ship, also a black TF10 Viper which only needs the jack put on. All pending orders are for silver cables and the Virus.

post #3783 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I had a few Scorpion IEM cables ready to go, they are all sold now. As i make all my IEM cable orders in a single batch, i usually make a few extra, and these are what was left.

 

I think i have a Viper CIEM cable currently ready to ship, also a black TF10 Viper which only needs the jack put on. All pending orders are for silver cables and the Virus.

OH that is really Good news.  It means those who have ordered silver cables and virus will soon get their cables k701smile.gif  I am one of them as I have ordered a Silver Widow.    

post #3784 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by inter voice View Post

OH that is really Good news.  It means those who have ordered silver cables and virus will soon get their cables k701smile.gif  I am one of them as I have ordered a Silver Widow.    

 

I think Frank was just talking about batches of IEM cables

post #3785 of 9356

frank did you make more IEM cables compared with headphone's cables? i bet the IEM owners who order cables are more than the head phones owners :P correct me if i was wrong. 

post #3786 of 9356
I can't wait until the Melbourne meet where I'll be able to try Maguire's cables and compare them to mine.
post #3787 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by inter voice View Post

OH that is really Good news.  It means those who have ordered silver cables and virus will soon get their cables k701smile.gif  I am one of them as I have ordered a Silver Widow.    

Those were cables left from the last batch of IEM cables i made some time ago, next batch of IEM cables is not due to be made for awhile. Although there are a couple Virus cables i might ship sooner, so some impressions can be posted for everyone.

 

I do have some extra Silver Poison, Silver Widow and Virus LOD cables available.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 5/27/13 at 3:11pm
post #3788 of 9356

So far i am in love with my new cable, thanks a lot frank seems like i won't have to take a new cable in the future ^^

post #3789 of 9356
Does anyone know which toxic cables impressed Axel Grell of sennheiser when he listened to them with the HD800's at the London head fi meet recently?
post #3790 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsh View Post

Does anyone know which toxic cables impressed Axel Grell of sennheiser when he listened to them with the HD800's at the London head fi meet recently?

I think it is the 18AWG Scorpion that I now owned after being demonstrated in the London Headfi meet gs1000.gif


Edited by inter voice - 5/28/13 at 11:33am
post #3791 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsh View Post

Does anyone know which toxic cables impressed Axel Grell of sennheiser when he listened to them with the HD800's at the London head fi meet recently?

 

I remember one of the cables was either the Scorpion or Black Widows from the copper ones. I still have some notes on my laptop from during the meet and will try to confirm later. The second cable Axel's heard was definetely the Silver Widows. I am not sure what Axel would prefer as he didn't make an explicit preference othan than saying indirectly but quite clearly that all of them sound better than stock. :)

 

I would always choose a copper cable for the HD800s, for a neutral, bright or mildly warm upstream system. I personally think copper has the best synergy with the HD800s.


Edited by negura - 5/28/13 at 11:39am
post #3792 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


in short...its considered to go for silver widow if u have the lcd 2 or lcd 2 ver.2 ... gs1000.gif

 

ps...no matter what cable u use...but sorry to say it..the lcd 2 will NEVER EVER COME CLOSE to the lcd3....everyone knows that. so u maybe can better start saving money for the LCD3's instead of buying a cable?..and if u do have the lcd3 then get the toxic cable silver venom..and ur in audio heaven and deadbroke.. biggrin.gif

 

Although I have never heard the LCD3's I know not everyone agrees with you with that statement.

post #3793 of 9356

I believe that I read a post that that stated that if the LCD2.2s were a 1 and the HD800s were a 10 on the sound stage scale that would place the LCD3s at around a 5 or 6 on that scale IIRC. So I reasoned that if a Silver Widow could bump up the LCD2.2s to around a 4 or thereabouts that I would be OK with that for now because I really do like the sound from the phones and if it could be had with a slightly more expansive sound stage and a little more sparkle to the highs then I would be happy with that for a good while. I have visited with a few on the forum via PM who have indicated to me that the cable may be able to impart those improvements and that the cable did in fact do that in their listening experience so why not give that a try? The phones I have (even though heavy on the head) do sound nice and I want to do my research for the next system in a more realistic and responsible manner by actually renting the various pieces first and trying them to ferret out the best sounding components. So that way I will have a fairly good set of cans to listen to while researching components. I know the LCD2.2s are clearly not end game but they are not that bad either. This whole thing is a journey and we are supposed to enjoy the music along the way right?

post #3794 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Those were cables left from the last batch of IEM cables i made some time ago, next batch of IEM cables is not due to be made for awhile. Although there are a couple Virus cables i might ship sooner, so some impressions can be posted for everyone.

I do have some extra Silver Poison, Silver Widow and Virus LOD cables available.


Frank you have PM. Thanks
post #3795 of 9356
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

Although I have never heard the LCD3's I know not everyone agrees with you with that statement.
I heard both phones and both had SAME cable (norse audio ..sorry dont know model) and on the same amp..the v200...and to my ears the lcd3 was far ahead on soundstage, treble, midrange and less dark..in short..it sounded more composed, more realistic...TO MY EARS...i know the difference in price dont make up with the difference in better soundquality..but the lcd3 is thebetter headphone...but i agree..if some people prefer a darker phone..and then the lcd2 ver2 could be a better fit...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread