or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 9343

LugBug1,

 

The Silver Poison has truly liberated my LCD-2 Rev.1, relative to the stock ADZ-5 cables.  

 

The shelved highs of the LCD-2 are gone, thanks to the "brightness" of the silver.  I really don't think copper would be as good a match for the LCD-2, unless you already have some other component in your chain that's bright.  With the Silver Poison, detail is improved across all frequencies.  And the weight and stiffness of the Audeze cable is replaced with a soft, flexible, cable that's so much more comfortable to wear - not to mention the eye candy!

 

See my post and pictures on the first page of this thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread#post_8370786

 

I've since bought a balanced-to-single-ended adapter cable for my balanced Silver Poison, so that I can use my balanced Silver Poison with single-ended amps, and I've learned that the Silver Poison alone makes a difference that can be heard independent of going from a single-ended to a balanced amp.

 

Let me put it this way:   Just do it.  tongue_smile.gif 

 

I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about any of Frank's cables!   (Hopefully, I've not missed anything.)   biggrin.gif

 

And besides, with the price of silver and gold consistently rising, thanks to worldwide devaluation of fiat currencies, some day, eventually, you'll be able to peel off the insulation and sell your Silver Poisons for a melt value of $1,000.00 or more - with which to buy a few loaves of bread.  smile.gif   

 

Seriously, though, Frank can't offer them at these prices forever.  The cost of his wire is bound to go up.

 

Mike

post #362 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

LugBug1,

 

The Silver Poison has truly liberated my LCD-2 Rev.1, relative to the stock ADZ-5 cables.  

 

The shelved highs of the LCD-2 are gone, thanks to the "brightness" of the silver.  I really don't think copper would be as good a match for the LCD-2, unless you already have some other component in your chain that's bright.  With the Silver Poison, detail is improved across all frequencies.  And the weight and stiffness of the Audeze cable is replaced with a soft, flexible, cable that's so much more comfortable to wear - not to mention the eye candy!

 

See my post and pictures on the first page of this thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread#post_8370786

 

I've since bought a balanced-to-single-ended adapter cable for my balanced Silver Poison, so that I can use my balanced Silver Poison with single-ended amps, and I've learned that the Silver Poison alone makes a difference that can be heard independent of going from a single-ended to a balanced amp.

 

Let me put it this way:   Just do it.  tongue_smile.gif

 

I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about any of Frank's cables!   (Hopefully, I've not missed anything.)   biggrin.gif

 

And besides, with the price of silver and gold consistently rising, thanks to worldwide devaluation of fiat currencies, some day, eventually, you'll be able to peel off the insulation and sell your Silver Poisons for a melt value of $1,000.00 or more - with which to buy a few loaves of bread.  smile.gif   

 

Seriously, though, Frank can't offer them at these prices forever.  The cost of his wire is bound to go up.

 

Mike

Thanks for that Mike, I think you've just sold them to me! (next payday Frank)

post #363 of 9343

Has anyone Silver poison or Scorpion paired with JH13 pro? Which one is better for these custom iems? thank you

post #364 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

I was thinking of getting a pair for my LCD-3s, how do they sound?
The improvements with the sp was on par to upgrading to a better component then just a cable, I was very impressed.

I was initially considering Twag or Q and after doing more reading I found comment from users who owned the sp and one or other of the 2 cables and all preferred the sp, yet I could not find comments from anyone saying they liked any other cable over the sp, so I was sold.

Thanks Frank, I will be in touch soon for the sp with silver contacts.
Edited by headphone crazy - 8/23/12 at 9:33am
post #365 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

What other HP's have you been using? I am hoping to hear the LCD-3's at RMAF. For now the Hd650's and Frank's awesome SP's are working great!

I have a ED8 which l will be sending to Frank to make them so can use detachable cable with them. He sent me picture of another he done and again I was sold.

The attention to detail on Franks work is breathtaking.
post #366 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus View Post

Has anyone Silver poison or Scorpion paired with JH13 pro? Which one is better for these custom iems? thank you

 

I have both cables and I use them with my JH16. While the JH16 is more bassy I do believe the 16 and the 13 share quite a bit of their sound. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions redface.gif

post #367 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone crazy View Post


The improvements with the sp was on par to upgrading to a better component then just a cable, I was very impressed.
I was initially considering Twag or Q and after doing more reading I found comment from users who owned the sp and one or other of the 2 cables and all preferred the sp, yet I could not find comments from anyone saying they liked any other cable over the sp, so I was sold.
Thanks Frank, I will be in touch soon for the sp with silver contacts.

Glad you like the cable, thanks for posting.

post #368 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

LugBug1,

 

The Silver Poison has truly liberated my LCD-2 Rev.1, relative to the stock ADZ-5 cables.  

 

The shelved highs of the LCD-2 are gone, thanks to the "brightness" of the silver.  I really don't think copper would be as good a match for the LCD-2, unless you already have some other component in your chain that's bright.  With the Silver Poison, detail is improved across all frequencies.  And the weight and stiffness of the Audeze cable is replaced with a soft, flexible, cable that's so much more comfortable to wear - not to mention the eye candy!

 

See my post and pictures on the first page of this thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread#post_8370786

 

I've since bought a balanced-to-single-ended adapter cable for my balanced Silver Poison, so that I can use my balanced Silver Poison with single-ended amps, and I've learned that the Silver Poison alone makes a difference that can be heard independent of going from a single-ended to a balanced amp.

 

Let me put it this way:   Just do it.  tongue_smile.gif

 

I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about any of Frank's cables!   (Hopefully, I've not missed anything.)   biggrin.gif

 

And besides, with the price of silver and gold consistently rising, thanks to worldwide devaluation of fiat currencies, some day, eventually, you'll be able to peel off the insulation and sell your Silver Poisons for a melt value of $1,000.00 or more - with which to buy a few loaves of bread.  smile.gif   

 

Seriously, though, Frank can't offer them at these prices forever.  The cost of his wire is bound to go up.

 

Mike

 

The cost of the Silver wire has actually gone up twice already this year, i have eaten the extra costs myself, each time.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 8/23/12 at 9:18pm
post #369 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

 

The cost of the Silver wire has actually gone up twice already this year, i have eaten the extra costs myself, each time.

 

I think it's safe to speak for all of your customers when I say, thank you - we appreciate your generosity.

 

Mike

post #370 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

I think it's safe to speak for all of your customers when I say, thank you - we appreciate your generosity.

Mike

+1 and we all appreciate the great value and quality smily_headphones1.gif
post #371 of 9343

I agree.  The Silver Poison (the only cable I have directly experienced) is an excellent quality cable at a fraction of the price it could command.
 

post #372 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by setamp View Post

I agree.  The Silver Poison (the only cable I have directly experienced) is an excellent quality cable at a fraction of the price it could command.
 

 

I hope so, I have one coming next week for my HE6's biggrin.gif

post #373 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

I hope so, I have one coming next week for my HE6's biggrin.gif

You will be very pleased!
post #374 of 9343

My one wish for Toxic Cables is a better product description including sound characteristics.  I understand cables are system dependent and our perceptions are unique but it is difficult to part with hard-earned money without good information.  I use Silver Poison cables with my LCD2 and am curious as to how a Venom or Copper Venom would sound.  I have been reading as much as I can but not gleaned enough information to make a decision.  Hopefully, as there are more cables out in the market there will be better sound opinions - especially comparisons of the various cables within the Toxic line.
 

post #375 of 9343

I've been a bit naughty.. I've bought a Toxic cable second hand from fleabay for my LCD2's redface.gif

 

But in this hobby you have to grab a bargain by the horns! And (listening to it now) I can confirm that the SPC Audeze cable is another cracker! It has taken my new LCD2's to the next level. The sound character hasn't changed (this I'm pleased about) but what has changed is the clarity. The bass is even tighter and the treble smoother but much more detailed. This cable is now showing me how resolving the LCD2's can be, even with my modest system. I'm getting that 3D imaging more now, there is deeper staging and better speed (this is possibly because the bass is tighter and so there is less spillage).

 

Another highly recommended cable from Frank.

 

I'll still be buying a Silver Poison when my wallet is speaking to me again and will be able to do a comparison.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread