or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post

Sorry, should have been a little more specific in my question. I have used a fair amount of Franks Silver / Gold alloy cable for DIY.

Yet you have not purchased any cables made by me, i am quite disappointed biggrin.gif

post #272 of 9465

Thats just the way I roll....I have too many cables already! Im going to have to find new and interesting ways to use them.

 

3 different cables for one set of IEM's is probably too many. Isnt it?

post #273 of 9465

If I was as skilled as Luke I'd probably make my own also haha. I can't even get that round braid down yet....

 

@ Frank, maybe not the right place to ask but a little birdy mentioned to me that you might be expanding your business and may be selling other stuff as well as cables? Is that right? If so what are you looking at selling?

post #274 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post

If I was as skilled as Luke I'd probably make my own also haha. I can't even get that round braid down yet....

 

@ Frank, maybe not the right place to ask but a little birdy mentioned to me that you might be expanding your business and may be selling other stuff as well as cables? Is that right? If so what are you looking at selling?

If you all start making your own cables, how am i supposed to earn a living angry_face.gif

 

Your info would be right, i currently stock the entire line of HiFiMAN Headphones and Amps, including the new EF6.

I am also the sole authorised UK dealer for Audio GD and have most of the Amp and DAC's in stock, a authorised dealer for Ibasso and stock only some of their amps currently, including the DX100 reference player, Calyx DAC, also stock both Klutz Designs and Room's Headphone stands and a authorised dealer for Furutech, Oyaide and Viablue to name just a few.

 

Hope to have some Grado in soon.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 8/8/12 at 12:48pm
post #275 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

If you all start making your own cables, how am i supposed to earn a living angry_face.gif

 

Your info would be right, i currently stock the entire line of HiFiMAN Headphones and Amps, including the new EF6.

I am also the sole authorised UK dealer for Audio GD and have most of the Amp and DAC's in stock, a authorised dealer for Ibasso and stock only some of their amps currently, including the DX100 reference player, also stock both Klutz Designs and Room's Headphone stands and a authorised dealer for Furutech, Oyaide and Viablue to name just a few.

 

If only I could teach myself to extrude insulation over very fine stranded high quality wires that I had refined to high purity.....Self sufficientcy beacons me!

post #276 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post

 

If only I could teach myself to extrude insulation over very fine stranded high quality wires that I had refined to high purity.....Self sufficientcy beacons me!

Melt some PTFE and dip the wires in it, it's not that hard, and for Cryo treatment, leave the wire in the fridge freezer overnight biggrin.gif


Edited by Toxic Cables - 8/8/12 at 12:54pm
post #277 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post

If I was as skilled as Luke I'd probably make my own also haha. I can't even get that round braid down yet....

 

@ Frank, maybe not the right place to ask but a little birdy mentioned to me that you might be expanding your business and may be selling other stuff as well as cables? Is that right? If so what are you looking at selling?

Thanks Nigel :D

 

You will get there mate, once you have it your set!

post #278 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

 

Your info would be right, i currently stock the entire line of HiFiMAN Headphones and Amps, including the new EF6.

I am also the sole authorised UK dealer for Audio GD and have most of the Amp and DAC's in stock, a authorised dealer for Ibasso and stock only some of their amps currently, including the DX100 reference player, Calyx DAC, also stock both Klutz Designs and Room's Headphone stands and a authorised dealer for Furutech, Oyaide and Viablue to name just a few.

 

Hope to have some Grado in soon.

That's great to hear Frank, we need more stockists in the uk. When my wallet is speaking to me again I'm sure to give you a nod for some Audio gd. Got one of their amps at the mo and they are very good.

post #279 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

Melt some PTFE and dip the wires in it, it's not that hard, and for Cryo treatment, leave the wire in the fridge freezer overnight biggrin.gif

Right, sorted! I may have a free hour over the weekend to give it a go. Got me some old copper from the lawn mower cable in the garage. Give it a polish first I recon. Lovely!

post #280 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

If you all start making your own cables, how am i supposed to earn a living angry_face.gif

 

Your info would be right, i currently stock the entire line of HiFiMAN Headphones and Amps, including the new EF6.

I am also the sole authorised UK dealer for Audio GD and have most of the Amp and DAC's in stock, a authorised dealer for Ibasso and stock only some of their amps currently, including the DX100 reference player, Calyx DAC, also stock both Klutz Designs and Room's Headphone stands and a authorised dealer for Furutech, Oyaide and Viablue to name just a few.

 

Hope to have some Grado in soon.

 

Wow, didn't realise you were expanding quite to that extent!!

This is amazing, the UK has been crying out for this for such a long time. Nice one beerchug.gif

 

Do you have the EF6 in stock? This is my next target.

post #281 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post

 

Wow, didn't realise you were expanding quite to that extent!!

This is amazing, the UK has been crying out for this for such a long time. Nice one beerchug.gif

 

Do you have the EF6 in stock? This is my next target.

 

 

Yes, i have 2x EF6 currently in stock.

post #282 of 9465

I have a mate who loves my HE-6 and has been saving his dosh towards a set. I've told him to get in touch with you. Gonna sound cheeky but if he buys the HE-6 (or possibly HE-500) from you, will you do him a deal if he wants one of your cables to go with them? Sorry Frank I know your stuff is already good value but if you don't ask you don't get do you? An idea of costs would be great.

post #283 of 9465

Hi All

 

First time posting on here, but I just wanted to show a pic of the Viper i Talk cable I have ordered from Frank.   As soon as the cable arrives I will post some proper pics of it (I asked Frank to send me a pic of it as I am too excited about it).

 

 

700

 

 

I have to say,  Frank never seems to sleep as he always answered my emails straight away (and I live in Australia) and he put up with all my emails and questions prior to me ordering it.
Basically I was after a replacement for my TF10vi cable and I could not find one I liked anywhere.  After a few emails with Frank, he came up with the above.  As I am getting my TF10s reshelled at Unique Melody, I thought I would go for a good quality cable, and after reading all the reviews on here and chatting with Frank, I knew this was the cable to go for.

 

 

I will add more pics and post my views on it when it arrives.

 

Cheers

 

Rich

post #284 of 9465

Welcome to the fold Rich....

 

What a great 1st post, that cable looks beautiful mate and will look even more amazing connected to UM Customs. Looking forward to pics etc...

 

All the best - Nigel

post #285 of 9465
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddingo View Post

Hi All

First time posting on here, but I just wanted to show a pic of the Viper i Talk cable I have ordered from Frank.   As soon as the cable arrives I will post some proper pics of it (I asked Frank to send me a pic of it as I am too excited about it).





I have to say,  Frank never seems to sleep as he always answered my emails straight away (and I live in Australia) and he put up with all my emails and questions prior to me ordering it.

Basically I was after a replacement for my TF10vi cable and I could not find one I liked anywhere.  After a few emails with Frank, he came up with the above.  As I am getting my TF10s reshelled at Unique Melody, I thought I would go for a good quality cable, and after reading all the reviews on here and chatting with Frank, I knew this was the cable to go for.


I will add more pics and post my views on it when it arrives.

Cheers

Rich

Frank never sleeps! I get replies from him all the time from what has to be 4 am London time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread