Custom products are not the same as going to the mall and getting one off the shelf.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 4/19/14 at 2:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 4/3/14 at 12:37am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Stock HD650 Cable Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:10am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Boutique HD650 cables PRICE DROP Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:26pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [Found] Stock HD650 cable with the 3.5mm adapter Last post on 12/15/13 at 12:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
~::I originally published this review on The Headphone List. Now I wish to share it with my Head-Fi fellows::~ ::Disclaimer:: I was given these headphones free of charge in exchange for my...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to take a quick look at the MEMT X5, a punchy little micro-driver that's been gaining some popularity as of late. I'm a big fan of micro-drivers and am always...
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 177
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That mean i can send your cable in another 18 weeks, you don't need a balanced cables, if you can't use it till you get the amp.
Have not visited this thread in awhile and WOW the things that have happened here in this thread over the past 2 weeks. I just wanted to post my impressions on the toxic cables and my experience with frank. I first got to know about toxic cables when i was shopping for a new replacement cable for my jh13s, at that time (2012 june if my memory serves me correctly), frank was launching his line of IEM cables and the prototypes of the cables were being sent to the senior head fi members such as Staal for review, also enticing me to part with my money was the very reasonable pre order price for the silver poison cable. I decided to pull the trigger on one of them and 2 months later, they arrived. On first impressions, the cables were well built, attention was paid to every detail, the braiding was beautiful (I will get to the sound later). I was enjoying my cable until December last year when disaster struck, the left channel of the cable stopped working. However, this was not franks fault as I live in a country (Aka Singapore, and no its not in China) where we have the HOT and HUMID tropical weather 365 days a year, the weather here is like being in a sauna and it makes you sweat alot. To cut to the chase, my sweat corroded the connecting pins on the IEM cable so much that an electical signal could not pass through it. As such i sent my cables in for repair early Janruary and got them back in February (i also ordered a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable). When i got the cable back from repair, all that i could say was that the repair job done was fantastic, it looked brand new, it was worth the wait. Toxic cables is a brand that i would hold on even grounds if not higher than the big cable companies such as ALO ( have 2 spoilt IEM cables from them as their IEM connecting pin overmould was done really badly, both died after 2 weeks). Frank has also been really polite and very straight to the point in his answering of my emails and i am a very tough customer (he can testify to that haha), nevertheless thank you Frank and a job well done, i am happy.
Now for the sound, the important bit. I do believe that cables do make a difference in sound, i wont call the difference huge but it does improve on the sound quite a bit if you have a good set up. Owners of the JH13/16 line will know that on the stock cable, these IEMs are aggressive and are can easily fatigue the listener, Frank's silver poison smoothens out the presentation, making it more 3D like at the same time reducing the harshness of the JH13 while maintaining the good attack that it has, the decay is also improved slightly. Surprisingly for a silver cable, the bass is not compromised, the bass quantity remains roughly the same but it seems that the jh13 is now able to hit the lower bass tones with less effort. The midrange is clean, slightly forward, vocal sibilance is reduced. Treble is very good, with cymbals having nice much more airy presentation to them, high hats sound really realistic. Clarity is overall improved and micro details are indeed brought more foward. All i can say is that the wait was worth it. Frank has one really good cable :DDDDDDDDDD
Here's some pictures, the biohazard artwork on the IEM really suits the toxic cables :D
U think ur a smart ass huh?.. No way gozeee..in the meantime i will be using a short (toxic?) adapter to use the 8 wire black widow beauty with my also perfect amp, my 337..as i really want that cable..it will sound heavenly..am sure..so if u dont want ur tires blown up..oops...breath in...breath out..think of fluffy rabits... but..no need to rush it for end of this month..1st week of april is fine also.. U see am reasonable man..well..most of thetimes..and why am i still awake at 6am on friday and working??? Can someone hit me on the head? Pls!! Heeellllp..
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/13 at 9:00pm
I really appreciate the wait and your patience, not a single email asking about the order since you ordered, now that's what i call patience.
I was going to ship your cables today, but i wanted to hold on to them for some pictures. I will ship them over the pond on Monday, hope you don't mind. Here are a couple pictures of both your Silver Widows.
Edited by Toxic Cables - 3/8/13 at 9:17pm
Most of us are patient as we know ur cables sound heavenly frank..okay i admit..i sometimes ask u things..but only because i am a curious person and not a stalker..lolz
and mr!!.are u not supposed to lay next to ur wife and counting sheep at this time?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/13 at 9:04pm
U think ur a smart ass huh?.. No way gozeee..in the meantime i will be using an adapter to use the 8 wire black widow beauty with my also perfect amp, my 337..as i really want that cable..it will sound heavenly..am sure..so if u dont want ur tires blown up..oops...breath in...breath out..think of fluffy rabits... but..no need to rush it for end of this month..1st week of april is fine also.. U see am reasonable man..well..most of thetimes..and why am i still awake at 6am on friday and working??? Can someone hit me on the head? Pls!! Heeellllp..
End of this month, i believe i told you 6 weeks less then a week ago, cheeky sod.
Honestly, i am trying my best to get out all the cables as soon as i possibly can, i am not delaying orders intentionally.
Everyone who has emailed or messaged me in the last couple days, i will reply to you guys tomorrow.
Wow..am speechless..8 wire huh? Mmmmmm..oops..Dont worry i can wait...6 weeks huh? Hope i will get them before the london meet..lolz.
When u have the time frank...can u pm me with the pricing for the balanced connectors and a short adapter cable..that short!! adapter doesnt need to be 8 wire black widow wire..or have top of the line connectors...its a temperarely solution..so a basic copper scorpion wire will do also..thanks!!
Thank you, i am glad you like them, they look even better in person. Once you get them, just leave music running through them, overnight for a few days, just using your iPod, and they will sound even better, although they already sound great.
I have just the jacks left to put on some of the cables, so should get these done. I will try take a group photo of the one's i did not send today, sometime over the weekend.
Wow! You were right when you told me this cable is going to be awesome.... Words fail me!
Yet again Frank leaves us speechless with the quality of his craftsmanship!
Whats a Gozee Hifimanrookie??? LOL Apart from apparently Frank is one!
See now Im feeling impatient and want to see some sexy pictures of my cable and adaptor....
thats a great looking cable frank. im sure the sound will be good.
do you have any plans to make 8 wire silver widow and black widow hybrid? im really curious on how it sounds since the silver poison and scorpion hybrid sounds really good.
- Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... just now
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 39 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › BEOPlay H9 - Wireless Noise-Cancelling Over-Ear Headpone by PinkyPowers
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear