Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 173

post #2581 of 7166

My next job for you Frank once Ive payed for the amp and my cables have arrived - 

 

 

Ive just managed to get some DT770 Premium Enclosures with DT770 Pro headband.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271149898475?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

They have no drivers.

Now I have two options....

Fit my older DT531 drivers, Or Get some DT770 or maybe the 880 drivers.

Or could I fit my spare iGrado drivers???? Whatever really..

 

Anyway, If I were to send the cans to you with the drivers, How much could you do a Balanced Copper Widow recable for please???

And it would be the Hirose balanced connector for the PB2 again. 


Edited by Paul Graham - 2/28/13 at 2:06pm
post #2582 of 7166

Also to my friends on here, Any suggestions on the above post are more than welcome!! 

 

Thanks, Paul :)

post #2583 of 7166

Test post. LOL dont ask, Im confused myself :/

Ok this can be deleted now.

Apparently in another thread i couldnt reply as Im a new member??? LOL

post #2584 of 7166
Frank confirmed that my cable for my IE80 is somewhat delayed but will ship next week. YES !!!
post #2585 of 7166

So how would the sound of the silver 1% gold be affected if this wire were used for signal, and OCC Cryoed pure copper were used for the ground returns? Has anyone even tried this and compared to a full four wire silver 1% gold cable?

 

I would also be interested in hearing from those that have the silver poison, and other cables......I have not seen any comparisons to other silver, or silver/copper hybrid cables!


Edited by cute - 3/3/13 at 9:54am
post #2586 of 7166

I've made a Sennheiser cable for my Senn headphones out of toxic cables pure silver 1% gold wire for the signal, and toxic cables pure copper wire for the ground returns.  I have made cables from a lot of different materials, including Moon Audio Silver Dragon, Blue Dragon, Cardas 4 X 24 quad, DHC copper wire, Mogamin W2534 and W2893 quad cryoed, naviships spc, headphone lounge spc, and others, and I must say the hybrid cable I built myself with toxic cables pure silver 1%, and toxic cables pure copper (both toxic wires 26ga), is the best that I have heard to date.  So, I don't really know if building a cable with 4 wires all pure silver 1% gold is worth nearly double the cost.  No one so far has really chimed in as to the validity of this........one way or the other!

post #2587 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

I've made a Sennheiser cable for my Senn headphones out of toxic cables pure silver 1% gold wire for the signal, and toxic cables pure copper wire for the ground returns.  I have made cables from a lot of different materials, including Moon Audio Silver Dragon, Blue Dragon, Cardas 4 X 24 quad, DHC copper wire, Mogamin W2534 and W2893 quad cryoed, naviships spc, headphone lounge spc, and others, and I must say the hybrid cable I built myself with toxic cables pure silver 1%, and toxic cables pure copper (both toxic wires 26ga), is the best that I have heard to date.  So, I don't really know if building a cable with 4 wires all pure silver 1% gold is worth nearly double the cost.  No one so far has really chimed in as to the validity of this........one way or the other!

I am not sure if many have tried the Poison/Scorpion hybrid and to be honest, i have never made one myself for a headphone cable. The only Poison/scorpion hybrid i offer, is an 8 wire version for IEM cables.

 

I do offer a Silver/White Widow hybrid (Arsenic), but this is silver and SPC, both Litz and it does sound slightly different. with the Arsenic sounding slightly brighter.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2588 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

My next job for you Frank once Ive payed for the amp and my cables have arrived - 

 

 

Ive just managed to get some DT770 Premium Enclosures with DT770 Pro headband.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271149898475?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

They have no drivers.

Now I have two options....

Fit my older DT531 drivers, Or Get some DT770 or maybe the 880 drivers.

Or could I fit my spare iGrado drivers???? Whatever really..

 

Anyway, If I were to send the cans to you with the drivers, How much could you do a Balanced Copper Widow recable for please???

And it would be the Hirose balanced connector for the PB2 again. 

Sorry for the late reply, been dead busy, have not even replied to any messages for the last few days, so need to do that later tonight.

 

Price will vary depending on length, but i charge the same as Audez'e cables for hard wire, so you can look at those prices. There is an additional labor charge for the hard wire, this can vary from £75 up to £160, for most Denon's, the labor is £85.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2589 of 7166

I always wondered if all 4 silver makes a difference than silver for signal and copper for ground.. Any answers? as the cost of making a pure silver is a lot.

post #2590 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Sorry for the late reply, been dead busy, have not even replied to any messages for the last few days, so need to do that later tonight.

 

Price will vary depending on length, but i charge the same as Audez'e cables for hard wire, so you can look at those prices. There is an additional labor charge for the hard wire, this can vary from £75 up to £160, for most Denon's, the labor is £85.

 

No apology needed mate! And thanks for the heads up :)

Wont be for a little while yet anyway as I still need to pay you first for this first order, Then get the drivers for the 770's.

Any ideas on what I can do about the forks on mine as I prefer the brushed metal over the black ones?

And last but not least, When did you want to loan out the DB2 & when roughly should I have my balanced White Widow?

post #2591 of 7166

Going to have to tease Frank a bit, until he get's some Piccolo biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

Picture's don't do them justice.

post #2592 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Going to have to tease Frank a bit, until he get's some Piccolo biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

Picture's don't do them justice.

Nice, but not Piccolino. biggrin.gif


Edited by Toxic Cables - 3/4/13 at 9:26pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2593 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Nice, but not Piccolino. biggrin.gif

wink_face.gif

post #2594 of 7166

Frank, Thought this may interest you,

My Beyer Hybrids so far, 531 drivers in a DT 770 premium enclosure ( And yes they're 770 Pro Forks/Headband )

I definately think they will benefit from a balanced copper widow. I'll let you know when mate - 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654068/beyer-hybrids-dt531-drivers-in-dt770-premium-enclosures


Edited by Paul Graham - 3/5/13 at 6:14am
post #2595 of 7166

sorry, wrong thread.


Edited by max pl - 3/6/13 at 3:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread